Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/silvernumber1/status/1430318425952374791?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Tebow to the Elite confirmed. He is a good Christian boy like the Bucks

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Kennel posted:

I really hope the AEW game will be good, so I can make a wrestler called White Christmas.
I assume this is 10's post-Dark Order gimmick

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

john silver teasing that he and alex reynold's post-Dark Order gimmick will be the Two Princes

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

DLC Inc posted:

it's probably because nobody could possibly care
Danny Burch is cool and good though. He just needs to wrestle anywhere else.

Alaois posted:

malakai black uses an excerpt from a loving 8 minute long sludge metal song that takes 2 minutes to actually start but ehhhh Ruby Soho doesn't start with a WWE entrance stinger so she should use some dumb bull poo poo song instead
I seriously don't understand the mentality of it being a bad entrance theme in the first place. Here's what it looks like synced up with her WWE entrance.

The bassline intro is a great stinger. The first verse doesn't hit until 12 seconds in, which is plenty of time to run out and pose on the stage. Then her walk down the ramp can be during the first verse, and she'll be in the ring by the time the chorus hits for a big pop. It works great and I'm not sure why anyone insists that it doesn't.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I had to go look for Malakai's new theme,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv1bBvjOyoY

It's a great loving theme, but my GOD please remove the vocals Tony. Or get Mastadon's lead singer to sing over it or someone with a bit more baritone in their voice please. Other than that it's loving awesome. Now I'm going to go listen to Bison B.C.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jiro posted:

It's a great loving theme, but my GOD please remove the vocals Tony. Or get Mastadon's lead singer to sing over it or someone with a bit more baritone in their voice please. Other than that it's loving awesome. Now I'm going to go listen to Bison B.C.

what the gently caress

why am i surrounded by insane people

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

They’ve all got too much wrestling on the brain so music is confusing when it’s not specially made for entrances.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Alaois posted:

what the gently caress

why am i surrounded by insane people

What? Sometimes I enjoy high pitched wailing and sometimes I don't, this is one of those times where I feel like the song would be better served with a deeper voice than a high pitched cracking warble.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jiro posted:

What? Sometimes I enjoy high pitched wailing and sometimes I don't, this is one of those times where I feel like the song would be better served with a deeper voice than a high pitched cracking warble.

suggesting the guy from Mastadon sing any song is certified loving insane, guy

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
like its a song by an outside band, it's not like a production track or a custom, it's a song from a sludge metal band that Tommy End seems to have picked out specifically for his character.

It's like Ruby Soho not using the song she's named after in that it would be very weird to gently caress with it.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Alaois posted:

I’m not a big metal guy, but is Mastodon like the Nickelback of that genre or something?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

"hey Amenra I know things are going great for you guys already but have you considered adding a new vocalist who sucks a lot more than your current one and doesn't fit your style at all? just a thot"

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

edogawa rando posted:

I’m not a big metal guy, but is Mastodon like the Nickelback of that genre or something?

I think that's Ghost

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
"Is Ruby Soho a good theme" - the greatest derail in the history of forums, locked by a moderator after 12,239 pages of heated debate,.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

edogawa rando posted:

Every metal fan thinks any band they don't listen to is the Nickleback of the genre, I've never seen so many flamewars in my life since the time I spent on a 2005 metal forum

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Get the rights to Ruby Soho, edit in a pan flute solo, then edit out the pan flute solo

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Alaois posted:

Oh my god what is it with metalheads that recoil like a cartoon elephant that sees a mouse when someone says they enjoy Mastadon? It was just an example off the top of my head, I haven't listened to anything by Mastadon since "Crack the Skye".

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
God I'm so mad Mox didn't like the panflute solo.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I'm not even a metalhead i just think Mastadon sucks!!!!!

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Tampa Bae posted:

Every metal fan thinks any band they don't listen to is the Nickleback of the genre, I've never seen so many flamewars in my life since the time I spent on a 2005 metal forum

Ah the good old days of people threatening to kill each other on the internet over a band being death metal or melodic death metal. :allears:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

karmicknight posted:

God I'm so mad Mox didn't like the panflute solo.

I'm just mad Mox never pulled out a pan flute and skipped his way to the ring playing it during the solo.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

A talking coyote posted:

Ah the good old days of people threatening to kill each other on the internet over a band being death metal or melodic death metal. :allears:
Having an admin look up my IP and threaten to have shows canceled in my area with bomb threats because I said I preferred Roadrunner Records bands to whatever obscure European subgenre they really liked at the time. Those were the days

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Ruby Soho should come out to Time Bomb or Fall Back Down

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Mastodon owns, a rare miss from my fellow Jersey goon. Try to do better in the future, as all of us should.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Ruby is going to come out to dead silence, and she is going to reveal that she is THE LIBRARIAN: RUBY READ!!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/sescoops/status/1430612751106428929?s=20

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Tampa Bae posted:

Having an admin look up my IP and threaten to have shows canceled in my area with bomb threats because I said I preferred Roadrunner Records bands to whatever obscure European subgenre they really liked at the time. Those were the days

You have lived a life.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
rancid sucks so the theme will be bad

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah get a cool band the kids enjoy like Reel Big Fish to cover it, that’ll work better

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Jiro posted:

It rules actually.
It's okay if it's not your taste, let me get that straight.
But it rules. Amenra rules.

beggar posted:

I think that's Ghost

Nah, Ghost just kinda suck* on purpose and that's why people like them. Plus it's more about the act than anything.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

A talking coyote posted:

You can STILL listen to GenX poo poo heads argue the hilarious minutiae when it comes to metal at poo poo bars, it's hilariously pathetic to watch old rear end men strain themselves to look like they don't care, and yet will get sooooooo pissed when people don't recognize the OBVIOUS STARK DIFFERENCES between various enclaves of Metal, or acknowledge their Metal as the superior Metal.

IGgy IGsen posted:

It rules actually.
It's okay if it's not your taste, let me get that straight.
But it rules. Amenra rules.

Just to be ABSOLUTELY CLEAR ON THE INTERNET, I enjoy the guitar work and everything about the band save for the vocals, just not my cuppa tea. Was never a fan of Rush either for the same reason, but I loving love me some Anthrax. Then again Belladonna would only hit those high notes every so often and wasn't the entire song itself. Maybe that's why.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Aug 25, 2021

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

only electronic music has actual quantifiable subgenres and microgenres and i have a site to prove it

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Alaois posted:

only electronic music has actual quantifiable subgenres and microgenres and i have a site to prove it

Finally this thread makes sense.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Alaois posted:

Does GBS.fm still exist? Maybe I can still poo poo up the playlist with "Anal Volcano" one more time.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Techno

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
5 Finger Death Punch is the Nickleback of metal

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yaya posted:

5 Finger Death Punch is the Nickleback of metal

Did nickelback do an insane anti-mask anti-vaxx song too?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

How You Remind Me is a solid song

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Yaya posted:

5 Finger Death Punch and Trivium are the Nickleback and Creed of metal