Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!
Hey I found another "how much of ICU is available" thing for those without a NYT sub/don't know how to script your way past their paywall
https://protect-public.hhs.gov/pages/hospital-utilization?fbclid=IwAR3plO8VLMIi1AJVy8CDe4Xbf7Nzw7EcCn0X_XO9pBqmhZ6RIH8yYg_xObw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I asked here before but I suppose nobody knows the answer: can anyone tell me what's up with California numbers being lower than they should be, due to Kaisar not reporting (or late reporting, or something?)

Also in case anyone's interested, around the start of August, Santa Clara County started tracking (or at least started graphing) breakthrough infections. The counts are all 'out of 100k'.

https://covid19.sccgov.org/dashboard-case-rates-vaccination-status

so about about 25% of the infections in santa clara county are breakthroughs, BUT, we have a super high vaccination rate: 86% with one dose, 81% with all doses (this number includes j&j one dose since that's 'complete').
https://covid19.sccgov.org/dashboard-vaccinations

So 20% of the people (unvaccinated or one dose) are getting 75% of the infections, and 80% of the people are getting 25% of the infections. Correct me if my numbers are off! And yeah from the last count I saw, Delta was more than 80% of cases.

Also looks like Delta is 98% of all new infections in California now: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/COVID-Variants.aspx

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

fosborb posted:

I've never seen someone so apparently uninjured and yet who still so obviously lost

https://twitter.com/MIAagainstFash/status/1430518841319301122

get a job bum! who shows up to a school on a wednesday to protest

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Koirhor posted:

so with israel opening boosties to almost anyone, is current thread consensus to mumble something about taking humira to qualify for 3rd immunocompromised shot or just all out make up a pseudonym for a “first” shot

you don’t have to declare anything. or tell them you smoked cigarettes (do not do if this could increase your premium). really doubt anyone will question you.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mawarannahr posted:

you don’t have to declare anything. or tell them you smoked cigarettes (do not do if this could increase your premium). really doubt anyone will question you.

Yeah at least here in the US the controls are really lax, just go to different pharmacy chain and say it's your first shot.

Most places don't seem to care and only check things like you actually used the appointment system to book the time slot.

In my case I got 2 shots of Pfizer at CVS and the 3rd booster shot (Moderna) at a local Walgreens.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

spatula posted:

omg they’re not even doing burning man this year so these are just people going out into the desert anyway against the wishes of the burning man organization

why don’t they pay for portopotty service. jesus christ

There was an effort to coordinate portos but the Government said no, probably to discourage people from coming.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
To everyone where school hasn't started yet, have a preview:

quote:

OCONEE COUNTY, SC (FOX Carolina)- The School District of Oconee County has reported 237 cases of COVID-19 since the beginning of the 2021-2022 school year, with 163 of them being reported this week, according to the district's COVID-19 tracking dashboard.

According to the dashboard, 173 of the district's total cases were found in students.

Walhalla High School has seen the most cases this year with 53 confirmed so far, while West-Oak High School has has 40 confirmed virus cases, according to district data.

There are currently 30 closures in the district, including various grade levels, classrooms or sports teams, SDOC says.

The district said in a release that data reporting may be behind by around three to four days due to a steep rise in cases.

School District of Oconee County Superintendent Dr. Michael Thosland says that Oconee County schools are facing more virus cases than at any point during the previous school year.

I think if we wait it out a couple of weeks it'll be fine though.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

oh poo poo. these are the places that flooded, right ?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the unions need to vote to impose a mandate themselves

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Lastgirl posted:

https://twitter.com/MIAagainstFash/status/1430518841319301122

get a job bum! who shows up to a school on a wednesday to protest

wow, school cops actually doing something useful. god damned unicorn

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

tenderjerk posted:

Hey I found another "how much of ICU is available" thing for those without a NYT sub/don't know how to script your way past their paywall
https://protect-public.hhs.gov/pages/hospital-utilization?fbclid=IwAR3plO8VLMIi1AJVy8CDe4Xbf7Nzw7EcCn0X_XO9pBqmhZ6RIH8yYg_xObw

checking Grady, Atlanta's big emergency hospital:

0% of inpatient ICU beds available

-29.44% of inpatient beds available

welp

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

its loving ridiculous on campus. all the profs are masked and want students to mask up, but everyone is afraid of the republicans in charge to mandate it. so a huge chunk of the student body is completely unmasked and unvaccinated.

what state is this in

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

goth smoking cloves posted:

I feel like I have done this whole speech in multiple threads but, please stay away from that stuff, it should be perfectly safe if made in a lab but idiots are making it in bathtubs and making people sick.

https://trojanhorsecannabis.com/

This is the only one I know has a website off the top of my head but, there are others, can't speak to quality since edibles don't quite work right on me.

nice

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

I got an email yesterday that one of our clinical faculty has covid. Real glad I'm going back into the office 4 days a week next month and very excited that I got my first dose in January.

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mawarannahr posted:

oh poo poo. these are the places that flooded, right ?

Maybe someone can get the chuds to start taking malathion for their just a cold, for the lulz

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

wow at first I thought horse paste might be just us amplifying things but the amount of real life interactions people in this very thread have had with believers is uhhhh not good

To the PE teacher, could it hurt to ask the kid why his eyes hurt or if like his parents are giving him any new medicine or something? I don’t know what the boundary for teacher-student is but it might be worth asking.

also we get West Nile virus hits every summer up here in New England. I wouldn’t say it was ever a real reason for worry other than try not to get bit in case you get unlucky, but it has to be like lottery tickets odds

Crazyweasel fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Aug 25, 2021

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

mod sassinator posted:

probably a bad idea. i'm assuming your friends are good libs who got vaccinated in march, in which case they are 7-8 months past vaccine and efficacy is greatly reduced (like below 40% in some studies). you have like a 3 month window after a jab (booster or whatnot) to get some light loving and sucking in and that's about it. you're describing something similar to an outdoor wedding reception and this thread is full of anecdotes of breakthrough cases and spread at them.

outdoors and everyone vaxxed and masked is probably a little safer, but really... outdoors in october pretty much sucks everywhere except like hawaii

Alas. I figured. Got a good source on some of those studies showing how the vax drops off after 3 months, by the way?

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
going to see unvaccinated cops forcibly occupying POC neighborhoods and forcibly vaccinating ppl

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Woodchip posted:

going to see unvaccinated cops forcibly occupying POC neighborhoods and forcibly vaccinating ppl

unvaccinated cops are going to evict POC neighborhoods instead when the moratorium is overrided by SCOTUS

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I slipped up and opened my door to pick up a package like 30 seconds after the delivery driver sat it down and knocked on my door, without my mask or respirator on. the delta is going to take me now

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

his massless daughter?

I need to speak to this woman immediately (although everything is immediate for her...?)

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
covid but it only kills boomer and fat people

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Chuka Umana posted:

you better watch out then

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

covid but it only kills chuds and blue maga libs

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Alas. I figured. Got a good source on some of those studies showing how the vax drops off after 3 months, by the way?

https://twitter.com/drericding/status/1418669720874721283?lang=en

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Goatse Master posted:

gently caress you

taiwan is china

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Chuka Umana posted:

that was last year's covid

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Hollismason posted:

I been successful in dodging it so far. I will probably go out for dinner this weekend. I just gotta see people for my mental health. I can't stay locked in my mental health just really deteriorates when I don't see people. Its really tough on me.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

...the nurse, listening to you code for the fourth time: at least his mental health was good!

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
the number of cases looks like it is plateauing only because we are out of tests or people just gave up on getting tested just like we gave up on everything else.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender
My respirator shirt seems to be shipping from Orlando.

I'd like to think I inspired somebody at the print shop in the hotzone there to look into actually effective PPE.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

an apt analogy when you remember that the droids walked right through the force fields

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Northern Idaho is a perfect metaphor of a paradise ruined by by white people.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Crazyweasel posted:

wow at first I thought horse paste might be just us amplifying things but the amount of real life interactions people in this very thread have had with believers is uhhhh not good

To the PE teacher, could it hurt to ask the kid why his eyes hurt or if like his parents are giving him any new medicine or something? I don’t know what the boundary for teacher-student is but it might be worth asking.

also we get West Nile virus hits every summer up here in New England. I wouldn’t say it was ever a real reason for worry other than try not to get bit in case you get unlucky, but it has to be like lottery tickets odds

Dude every farm supply store in the country is running out of this horse paste poo poo. There's a stampede of chuds rushing the doors for the chance to ropify their intestinal lining. The only thing that's gonna slow them down would be for the FDA to pull that poo poo off shelves and sell it with Rx only, but that wouldn't even stop some people.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Alright goin to find me some titers

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
I don't know how to tell people that if you have to "check out" for mental health reasons, you are not being mentally healthy and in fact are being super dysfunctional!

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

oh come on

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015

Crazyweasel posted:

Thanks thats a very good idea. Did not occur to me in my fever and chills, just jumped straight to call CPS.

floffytoffy
Mar 10, 2007

a cat am I

inferis posted:

diy a hole to run a microphone through and seal it all off

Has anyone ever actually done this. I don't think either of us are skilled enough to pull it off lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

please do not dox me