Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Isn't also that a bunch of people are organizing these flights only to show up to the Kabul airport and get turned away by US military checkpoints, or in the case of that one group actually allowed in before being kicked out for no reason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Al-Saqr posted:

why even send a loving plane if you’re gonna charge penniless people to ride it for their ‘rescue’ are these people deranged?!

it’s literally blackwater running the flights

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

it’s literally blackwater running the flights

Lmao

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Al-Saqr posted:

why even send a loving plane if you’re gonna charge penniless people to ride it for their ‘rescue’ are these people deranged?!

Reading between the lines, it seemed like the contractor thought there would be hundreds of American citizen contractors/missionaries/workers/etc. stranded there that would be able to pay for a ticket out, but all they found were terrified low-level Afghans who can't pay.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
sorry cant leave the warzone, you are too poor

why is this war-torn country so loving poor and unable to rebuild

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/newsforalluk/status/1430559383533019153?s=21

lol capitalism was a mistake

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

loving who are these "1,000's" of Americans and where are they? They keep saying that but I haven't seen or heard from any of them on the news or internet.

For real, where the gently caress does this number keep coming from?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

if they didnt want to pay they clearly didn't need it it

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Pook Good Mook posted:

loving who are these "1,000's" of Americans and where are they? They keep saying that but I haven't seen or heard from any of them on the news or internet.

literally no one stopping them from crossing over to pakistan

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
There will always be "1000's" of Americans left behind. We're going to get a whole new generation of POW/MIA mythology.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

yellowcar posted:

literally no one stopping them from crossing over to pakistan

Or just waiting like 2 weeks for Emirates and Turkish Airlines to start flying there again.

I truly believe that there are less than 100 Americans there anymore that aren't military, essential State Dept. staff, or hired guns (who can gently caress off). The media would love to find some sob-story sad-sack who's trapped 50 miles away and put their face at the end of every commercial break.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
maybe once his parole ends John Walker Lindh can go back to Afghanistan and meet his old buddies again now that they’ve won the war :unsmith:

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Erik “Coyote” Prince

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

Same logic as charging hundreds for insulin. "What are they going to do, just die?"

"gently caress, how could they just die on us? Mr. President, my company needs a bailout!"

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

gotta show them youre serious if you want them to pay

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Al-Saqr posted:

Because desperate people are good at getting money.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Pook Good Mook posted:

Clearly the 1000s of Americans that are trapped are the troops that are holding down the airport because if they left they'd be AWOL!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

thousands of americans held captive by the taliban forced to pray five times a day

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Torpor posted:

Erik “Coyote” Prince

Coyotes have dignity ese

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

maybe once his parole ends John Walker Lindh can go back to Afghanistan and meet his old buddies again now that they’ve won the war :unsmith:

he’s been out of jail and his probation will end in one more year

think there’s a good chance he gets picked up for something or other before then

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

trucutru posted:

Because desperate people are good at getting money.

Gotta get them on that long-term debt treadmill as soon as possible, because they won't be taking out any student loans.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Love Stole the Day posted:

Gotta get them on that long-term debt treadmill as soon as possible, because they won't be taking out any student loans.

maybe the clinton foundation can offer microloans to afghani women entrepreneurs to pursue their entrepreneural dreams in the US

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Pook Good Mook posted:

The US makes people coming in sign in. They don’t make them sign out. This means you can’t eliminate the possibility of those people being in Afghanistan and needing extraction unless they’ve called in and are accounted for.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Al-Saqr posted:

I was thinking of this doofus the other day and how vindicated he must feel

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/ScotNational/status/1430625276229087233

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

well are they fixing the drat thing or not, I've got an interview tomorrow

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

was it the scottish office of this guy

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/AJA_Cortes/status/1430343491138342918?t=SQ8KJ4BiTRDvfnpLCRfXGw&s=19

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

No.

We used to lease bases from a few central Asian countries, but over the course of 14 years we gradually wore out our welcome and were forced to leave. Afghanistan is the only place where we still have a base in Central Asia. Supposedly we're in talks with Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, and Tajikistan to rebase forces after the pullout but there's not many good reasons for them to go along with it. We could always try to buy them out, but basing American forces will be a political liability no matter what.

:sickos:

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
RARE EARTH MINERALS

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

some actually have had full booking but then US goons turned the people away at the airport

fuckups at every possible level

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

PyPy posted:

RARE EARTH MINERALS

lisa needs braces

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

lol

if "Christianity" was a real thing i feel we wouldn't be building a wall on the mexican border

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lmao I guess that's the other reason the US was interested in maintaining a occupation force under the pretense of "Nation building / STEM women robotics team"

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Dustcat posted:

lol

if "Christianity" was a real thing i feel we wouldn't be building a wall on the mexican border

Just as God built a wall around the Garden of Eden so too must we - his chosen people - build a wall around his most blessed nation.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

the way fascists instinctively defer to those they perceive as strong, regardless of any other factors at play, is honestly kind of funny

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Christianity sold out when Emperor Heraclius embraced monoenergism.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1430607689831301122

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Boris' fiance is getting the blame for this happening instead of evacuating people

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1430640811947986947?t=ah2ovdLXFUnxz9Wx0nyexg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/andraydomise/status/1430622219491844099