Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

spunkshui posted:

That ship sailed a long time ago.

These types are proudly declaring they don’t fear death.
And in the same breath they'll declare they fear vaccines ("You don't know what's in it, maaaaan.")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

unbuttonedclone posted:

One would think this would pop off around the world if it was actually so effective.

One would, wouldn't one, so unless you have conspiracy theories about Big Vaccine Suppressing The Truth then that should give you your answer.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

All I know about Nitric Oxide is they put it on muscle supplements and it makes you want to swim across the Atlantic and wrestle bears

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

spunkshui posted:

That ship sailed a long time ago.

These types are proudly declaring they don’t fear death.

It rules lol

bushido is in choosing death, whenever there is a choice between life and death

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Pennywise the Frown posted:

This was in the Trump thread

https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/

The Herman Cain Award for people who get owned by covid.

All these fuckin people asking for prayers. All they had to do was get the vaccine...

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
How many recipients of this prestigious award will continue to tweet covid disinformation from beyond the grave?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Zugzwang posted:

How many recipients of this prestigious award will continue to tweet covid disinformation from beyond the grave?

Benghazi Ivermectin ain't going away!

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Fur20 posted:

bushido is in choosing death, whenever there is a choice between life and death
Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily

Ripped apart by arrows, swords, ingesting cattle dewormer, etc :haibrow:

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

feedmegin posted:

One would, wouldn't one, so unless you have conspiracy theories about Big Vaccine Suppressing The Truth then that should give you your answer.

Gonna delete it from my brain so I don't accidentally give someone misguided hope about some amazing not-actual-cure by mentioning it. Thanks team.

Manky Tungeon
Jun 11, 2018
any one else get horrifying vivid nightmares after getting the vaccine? very cool :thumbsup:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Manky Tungeon posted:

any one else get horrifying vivid nightmares after getting the vaccine? very cool :thumbsup:

Actually yeah, I've seen several people mention vivid dreams after their vax

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It's wild reading the Herman Cain awards with the perspective that (for now) it probably won't happen to you

This must be how chuds feel all the time

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Fallom posted:

It's wild reading the Herman Cain awards with the perspective that (for now) it probably won't happen to you

This must be how chuds feel all the time

I feel very confident that I won't turn down a vaccine that I've already received twice, and that I won't eat horse paste to stave off a disease that I believe doesn't exist

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Instructions for using horse paste for a 2 legged 220lb horse named hugh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwbGY9KTsm4

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

temple posted:

Instructions for using horse paste for a 2 legged 220lb horse named hugh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwbGY9KTsm4

Neigh

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I got such a good deal on the hazmat crew!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://twitter.com/ashtonpittman/status/1430583733346869253

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
^^^ Open er up!

QuarkJets posted:

I got such a good deal on the hazmat crew!

600,000 dead.

gently caress these people.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
My god this thread blows my mind every drat day with what's happening in places like Mississippi.

Ccs posted:

All these fuckin people asking for prayers. All they had to do was get the vaccine...

Tell 'em the people who made the vaccine are doing God's work.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
something something the devil can quote scripture.

*injects horse drugs to own libs*

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
I wonder how many churches these days are telling the story about the guy who drowned in a flood while praying a lot, then God was like “What did you want? I sent you a boat and a helicopter.”

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I know it is the most milquetoast liberal thing to 'not sink to their level' and to be 'the bigger person', but it is so hard to see every smug anti-mask and/or anti-vaccine rear end in a top hat on twitter go "LOL you are all afraid of COVID Imma gonna live!" like that Matt Walsh tweet a few pages back (I really wish twitter blocks worked on linked tweets here) and not go "Okay, kindly die soon, and try not to take anyone with you".

We are living in the Oingo Boingo song "Nothing bad ever happens to me"

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Aug 25, 2021

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Unlucky7 posted:

I know it is the most milquetoast liberal thing to 'not sink to their level' and to be 'the bigger person'

This ended for me during the Trump administration. They turned me into one of them. They such awful and terrifying people. Actively trying to kill people. Caring about nothing but themselves. They're filled with hatred and anger and now I'm filled with hatred and anger and it's terrible.

I'm getting better after I stopped going on Twitter and Facebook all day.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Zugzwang posted:

I wonder how many churches these days are telling the story about the guy who drowned in a flood while praying a lot, then God was like “What did you want? I sent you a boat and a helicopter.”

That doesn't sound like something that supply side jesus would say

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
About 5 years ago I started work on a web-serial that I had sort of polished up but then had a kid so I dropped it among other reasons. The premise was that there was this virus that basically wiped everyone out, like 99.99%, enough to sort of have a humanity do-over. I feel like I got some things sort of tangentially right in the sense that one of my characters was a political guy who sort of screwed everything up so he could have personal gain. A second thing was that we would basically be caught completely flat-footed as far as the physical necessities for fighting a pandemic were concerned, like equipment and poo poo. And as someone who wanted to probe the darkest hearts of humanity and ask the question, "what would it take for us to get over our collective human hangups and embrace the common good" I figured that a cleansing fire would do the trick. So I can honestly say that in my wildest imagination I had no idea it would turn into people making GBS threads out their intestines because they took horse de-wormer because they didn't want to be told what to do.

One of the reasons I abandoned the project was basically after Trump it became impossible to write any plausible political narrative, as far as I was concerned. I mean, Stacey Abrams still can but she's a genius.

But one of the really helpful things that I did, in retrospect, was do a shitload of research into infection diseases so I sort of knew a lot about SARS and smallpox, for better or worse and it really helped me temper my expectations. Anyway, I'm going to put it in my back pocket for 30 years or so. And let's all hope I don't decide to write something about a meteor blasting us.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Let's hope

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

This ended for me during the Trump administration. They turned me into one of them. They such awful and terrifying people. Actively trying to kill people. Caring about nothing but themselves. They're filled with hatred and anger and now I'm filled with hatred and anger and it's terrible.
Yeah, Trump and now covid deniers have absolutely made me a worse person.

QuarkJets posted:

That doesn't sound like something that supply side jesus would say
Imagine how much horse paste the rich are using if banana-sized tubes are what trickled down to the common folk.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
There's also https://reddit.com/r/COVIDatemyface

I don't really get any schadenfreude. Mostly just depressed for all of these low IQ people being manipulated into dying for their death cult.

I just searched public posts on facebook for the word "ventilator" and now I'm depressed for the rest of the day.

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Aug 25, 2021

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Almost booster time baybee

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AtdBVgCqv6w

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Unlucky7 posted:

I know it is the most milquetoast liberal thing to 'not sink to their level' and to be 'the bigger person', but it is so hard to see every smug anti-mask and/or anti-vaccine rear end in a top hat on twitter go "LOL you are all afraid of COVID Imma gonna live!" like that Matt Walsh tweet a few pages back (I really wish twitter blocks worked on linked tweets here) and not go "Okay, kindly die soon, and try not to take anyone with you".

We are living in the Oingo Boingo song "Nothing bad ever happens to me"

that's what the subreddit is for

naem
May 29, 2011

I got a gym membership after getting fully vaxxed to burn off stress jogging on a treadmill, not doing that anymore

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I went to the grocery store and there were about 75 people there. 2 people were wearing masks, including me.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Honestly I really do want to move but the places I want to move to are infested with COVID, except like Vermont

I guess I'm stuck in VA for the foreseeable future

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

low key sex master posted:

Honestly I really do want to move but the places I want to move to are infested with COVID, except like Vermont

I guess I'm stuck in VA for the foreseeable future

The county I live in (just outside DC) currently has 14 cases per 100k people. In exactly two weeks I'll be moving to Texas, to a county with 42 cases per 100k people (and that county as the lowest rate of infection in its area).

Just holding out hope that my vaccine-enhanced immune system does its job.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
You have to wear an N95 or better if you don't want to get it.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

LanceHunter posted:

The county I live in (just outside DC) currently has 14 cases per 100k people. In exactly two weeks I'll be moving to Texas, to a county with 42 cases per 100k people (and that county as the lowest rate of infection in its area).

Just holding out hope that my vaccine-enhanced immune system does its job.

:coronatoot:

Stay safe goon pal!

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

I went to the grocery store and there were about 75 people there. 2 people were wearing masks, including me.

I went to the pharmacy and post office yesterday and didn't see a single person who wasn't wearing a mask. We're under a mask mandate at the moment but we have been in the past and people have never complied to this extent. I guess the threat of heavy fines is having an impact.

Stores were also enforcing density limits, which was good to see.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Lolie posted:

I went to the pharmacy and post office yesterday and didn't see a single person who wasn't wearing a mask. We're under a mask mandate at the moment but we have been in the past and people have never complied to this extent. I guess the threat of heavy fines is having an impact.

Stores were also enforcing density limits, which was good to see.

Yeah no mask mandate here. And the republicans made it so there can't be one again. And speak of the devil, I went to the post office today and no one was wearing a mask. Including the workers, who are government employees. If I go to the VA everyone has to wear a mask or you don't get in.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
My fav is the quebec chuds bitching about the vaccine passport and demanding gyms refund their gym memberships since they're not allowed in to them anymore

Gotta get SWOLE before covid makes my lungs swollen i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

stab posted:

My fav is the quebec chuds bitching about the vaccine passport and demanding gyms refund their gym memberships since they're not allowed in to them anymore

Gotta get SWOLE before covid makes my lungs swollen i guess

I downloaded the vaccine passport app today and am very much looking forward to sitting on a patio of a restaurant where everyone is vaxxed come September and the passport’s enforcement.