Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Sure why not
It's the least bad weird thing Ive seen all week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

inferis posted:

cops and firefighters even

I wonder how many more crying articles I will have to read this week about cops in Florida dying of COV19, that also never seem to mention their vaccination status.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Stereotype posted:

the thing I hate most about the “learn to live with it” crowd is that it is them quite literally telling you to never even hope for anything better. it is equally applicable to every problem humanity has ever faced and is the most doomer depressed logic I can imagine. nothing can ever get better. no problems can ever be solved. all we can do is stop caring and become cold nihilists immune to pathetic human emotions. we are cogs who spend money and if we die then no one will care.

this is the majority opinion of our government and our society.
yeah

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
if an ik has an appropriately morbid image for my impending death smack that poo poo on my rap sheet

here lies harik he needed to brunch mourn the loss of a friend

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

a relative's aorta burst last night. he had to have some crazy surgery to try to save his life and is currently on a vent in a coma. he also tested positive for covid. apparently he had it a month ago, so not sure if he just never got over it, or it came back or is just shedding still or what the deal is.

how likely is it that the covid was a factor in his aorta exploding? i heard reports of vascular damage a while back but I feel like I haven't seen anything about it recently.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Norton posted:

a relative's aorta burst last night. he had to have some crazy surgery to try to save his life and is currently on a vent in a coma. he also tested positive for covid. apparently he had it a month ago, so not sure if he just never got over it, or it came back or is just shedding still or what the deal is.

how likely is it that the covid was a factor in his aorta exploding? i heard reports of vascular damage a while back but I feel like I haven't seen anything about it recently.

covid doesn't cause any vascular damage because if it did we might have to attribute these enormous numbers of excess deaths this year to it

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/jennycohn1/status/1430644189126021122
learn 2 live with it

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AtdBVgCqv6w

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

etalian posted:

Got em' , also once the article about the deceased bragged about "being God fearing" i didn't even need to read the part to guess their vaccination status

https://www.wfla.com/community/health/coronavirus/winter-haven-woman-survives-covid-19-discovers-husband-had-died-at-home/

you didn’t excerpt the best part, extremely cursed and ominous:

quote:

On top of this loss, Steadman had to spend $800 for a company to clean the bedroom, Steadman said.

“They were in there all of 15 minutes. They cut the part of the mattress that had the waste on it,” said Steadman.

She also had to pay to replace some bedroom furniture.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

i'm glad my parents don't live in FL since my dad had a important surgery this month and I'm sure he would have to push it back due to Chuds burning through the hospital bed capacity.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Tpday: Fully vaxxed immunocompromised friend tests positive.

also today: CVS pharmacist I know had someone come to her who was Covid + and puking for six days, went to a holistic doctor and was given ivermectin which made her worse…so she went to cvs to find out what she could take otc. she left when offered the vaccine

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Norton posted:

Pretty high. I was talking to one of the cardiologists a couple months ago and they were telling me about 2 aortic dissections in a tone of concern.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Norton posted:

hypoxia fucks up your blood and heart and covid causes hypoxia. it’s not at all unlikely that covid played a major role in worsening an underlying heart condition.

I’m sorry about your relative, but look on the bright side, a lot of your relatives who are going to die over the next year are still alive right now.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It's happening again

https://www.wfla.com/community/heal...es-crematories/

One place interviewed said earlier the year it was like 4 new appointments each day but now it's up to 8 appointments.

quote:

At West Side Crematory in Winter Garden, they’re overwhelmed with the remains of people that need to be cremated.

There’s an influx of bodies like they’ve never seen, worse than the first wave of COVID-19. The area where bodies are stored prior to being cremated is stacked to the ceiling. The staff is working day and night to honor the dead.

WESH 2 called 20 funeral homes and crematories and many were too busy to be part of our story. Some were too busy to even talk on the phone. One funeral director said that in a 30-minute period where he talked to his partner, four new cases came in.

Mike Marchetti, the area manager for Newcomer Funeral Homes, says as much as they don’t want to, sometimes they have to delay meetings with families and delay funerals because they only have so much staff.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Pillowpants posted:

also today: CVS pharmacist I know had someone come to her who was Covid + and puking for six days, went to a holistic doctor and was given ivermectin which made her worse…so she went to cvs to find out what she could take otc. she left when offered the vaccine

Too late at that point anyway, I suppose.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

The COVID situation today is the best it will be until spring of next year.
:crackping:

Stoop Kid
Jan 17, 2007

Afraid to leave his stoop.

Pillowpants posted:

why’d they offer a vax to a C+ person? aren’t you supposed to wait a few weeks

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Pillowpants posted:

why would they offer the vaccine to someone testing positive?

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Asproigerosis posted:

Pretty high. I was talking to one of the cardiologists a couple months ago and they were telling me about 2 aortic dissections in a tone of concern.

thats like you’re dead when you hit the floor bad right?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Thoguh posted:

Too late at that point anyway, I suppose.

Yeah vaccines or other treatments like the Antibody (Regeneron!) don't help when you have symptomatic infection.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

uber_stoat posted:

get ready to prop your dead 8 year old up in the old recliner with a paw patrol blanket over her, go buy lots of febreze before the rush starts!

:chloe:

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

I mean, sometimes they do have $1 LIITs

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Too many good memes for the outsdie of my cubicle.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

etalian posted:

It's happening again

https://www.wfla.com/community/heal...es-crematories/

One place interviewed said earlier the year it was like 4 new appointments each day but now it's up to 8 appointments.

Why are you talking about India??? That's a third world country. It Can't Happen Here.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Norton posted:

Lol my mom told me today that when she was dealing with covid at home last year she had a vein in her head either burst or push a clot through - terrible worsening headache for a few hours, then she felt a pop in her scalp (not in her brain she was v specific) and the pain went away. So I wouldn't be surprised

She has RA and is very immune compromised so this delta poo poo has been stressful. I'm the doom miner of the family so thankfully she got her booster last week. She's still dealing with taste/smell loss and trouble swallowing.

Oh and my sister just found out what she thought was RSV was a breakthrough covid case so that's all very comforting news. Thank gently caress and CSPAM I got my booster yesterday, even if I feel like dogshit today

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

Why are you talking about India??? That's a third world country. It Can't Happen Here.

Meanwhile in China Comrade Xi during the worst of their crisis sent in surge support from other provinces to support things like funeral services.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Learn to live with never having access to any form of medical care again

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

The cool new thing now is to lie about your vaccination status after you get COVID.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Finally in the news for something cool!

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

inferis posted:

you didn’t excerpt the best part, extremely cursed and ominous:

ok what do they mean by waste

edit: did the dogs eat him and poo poo on the bed

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

19 o'clock posted:

me, too! I’ve been curious what is J&J folks are supposed to do. Line up a two-shot as a booster or do another J&J?

go lie to get a cycle of mrna shots

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

The cool new thing now is to lie about your vaccination status after you get COVID.

I do wonder how many 'breakthrough' cases are people that lie about being vaxxed.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

God I want more info on this case

quote:

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — In January 2020, people weren't nearly as familiar with COVID-19 as they are now, more than a year and a half into the pandemic.

But the deadly coronavirus was already present in the wider Kansas City-area as early as January 2020.

The Kansas Department of Health and Environment reported a person in Leavenworth County died from COVID-19 on Jan. 9, 2020. It's the earliest COVID-19-related death on record in the U.S.

A KDHE spokesperson said local officials made the call to reclassify the death as a COVID-19 fatality because the person's symptoms were similar to those other COVID-19 patients experienced prior to death.
Another question being raised: Are COVID-19 deaths underreported?

"COVID-19 was probably in the United States before December, and it probably did take lives. I think overall, the COVID-19 deaths are underreported," said Dr. Steven Stites, chief medical officer of the University of Kansas Health System.
https://www.kshb.com/news/coronavirus/january-2020-covid-19-death-in-leavenworth-county-could-indicate-virus-deaths-are-underreported

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Koirhor posted:

thats like you’re dead when you hit the floor bad right?

If it ruptures yeah.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/NBCNewsBusiness/status/1430541602192334852

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
the amount of death we are going to see in the next few months is truly unfathomable and id imagine the grief and guilt from people who stubbornly and arrogantly insisted that this path was the only one is going to cause a lot of psychotic breakdowns.

the future holds nothing but misery and death in an increasingly chaotic failure of society. any goals or plans you may have had are pointless and impossible.

you will either witness your loved ones die or they will see you die, in pain and agony. by witness I mean that you’ll hear about it from a disinterested person over zoom because all the dying will be in a crowded corridor or former conference room in a hospital staffed by nursing students and janitors.

good thing we didn’t do anything drastic though. can you imagine the psychological impact of closing schools or another shutdown?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I bet the dogs ate that old mans dick and balls, but they wouldn’t mention that

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

How do I get my titers checked so I can get a gang tag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Appy Hours every Weekday????