Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Buck Sexton says the vaccine is dangerous and "new information" coming out of Israel PROVES the vaccine doesn't work. So we're in for a long summer of covidiots eating horse meds.

In other words, same old same old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Trying to rewrite history again.

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1430314020200804353

Mustard Iceman
Apr 8, 2015

Weak against ketchup

Well, she's right. The crises happened simultaneously and stacked on top of each other, not sequentially.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Also Keegley showed up to work, what? Once every three weeks, for like twenty minutes at a time at the rear end end of Trump's presidency? No loving wonder she thinks the ship ran smoothly.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

JohnClark posted:

I do really like that Conor Friedersdorf has become an object of ridicule for so many. There are so many "centrist" assholes like him out there, but for some reason he gets under my skin more than most.
https://twitter.com/Ugarles/status/1429475307526971405

Conor Friedersdorf is a big Freeze Peach advocate, which for him means that college students are the real danger in society.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Fighting Trousers posted:

Conor Friedersdorf is a big Freeze Peach advocate, which for him means that college students are the real danger in society.

Extremely funny that all these "toughen up, stop getting offended snowflakes" people are all "um tone? How dare you" whenever some phrasing offends them

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

lol what?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Thank you CNN for cursing us with her forever.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Lotta red meat out there right now for the usual suspects to sling around but I can't bring myself to go listen to or watch any of it. I wonder what the RWM would be saying if Trump were still in office because the same thing would have happened I think. Something tells me the narrative might be different though.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

BiggerBoat posted:

Lotta red meat out there right now for the usual suspects to sling around but I can't bring myself to go listen to or watch any of it. I wonder what the RWM would be saying if Trump were still in office because the same thing would have happened I think. Something tells me the narrative might be different though.

You know what the narrative would be. Some of the right-wing types I have to be around are already uncomfortable with this entire thing. "What are these Afghans going to do when they come over here?"

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

litany of gulps posted:

You know what the narrative would be. Some of the right-wing types I have to be around are already uncomfortable with this entire thing. "What are these Afghans going to do when they come over here?"

Seriously. I can't take any of it in even the remotist of good faith because of how the RWM swap would immediately be on how Biden is letting scary brown people in to America. Did Biden do everything perfectly? No, absolutely not. Would I prefer that all of the people who wanted to leave Afghanistan could find a home here? Yes, absolutely.

When you get bullshit like "oh no he abandoned them" juxtaposed with their desire to see the people that were left behind to fry in hellfire for eternity, it's a little jarring, to say the least.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Just like Rudy getting disbarred in NY for basically lying to the courts about Trump winning.
A federal judge is now referring 9 more Trump lawyers who had a hand in bringing up fraudulent cases in the states he lost in to be looked at for suspension and possible disbarment .

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/judge-sanctions-sidney-powell-other-pro-trump-lawyers-who-claimed-voter-fraud-2021-08-25/

Its likely that nothing will happen to them if they are in deep red states like Texas, but who knows.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrYeD91kVKg

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Where did the ivermectin for covid poo poo start anyways?

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

CodfishCartographer posted:

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1431040456364810242

Heck Yes! Loam! fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Aug 27, 2021

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

CodfishCartographer posted:

Ask CSpam

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

If I'm reading that correctly it started as a grift but the grifters couldn't keep up with demand so the true-believers turned to other sources.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

The Lone Badger posted:

If I'm reading that correctly it started as a grift but the grifters couldn't keep up with demand so the true-believers turned to other sources.

Seems that way, yeah. The people that were advising hydroxychloroquin shifted to ivermectin based on some medications from countries that don't have access to vaccines. When they couldn't keep up with the demand for that, chuds started taking horse goo.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

It's technically correct.

None of them ended, so you can't really call them 'after' each other. It's more 'stacking on top of'.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

German publisher Axel Springer buys Politico for $1+ billion
Though they've been a part owner for 7 years and also own Business Insider.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/26/axel-springer-to-buy-politico.html
https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/2021/08/26/politico-sold-axel-springer/

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

BiggerBoat posted:

Just remind them how Trump abandoned our Kurdish allies without evacuating any of them and gave our bases to the Russians and not a single republican gave a poo poo about it but praised Trump for being a god again.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

So Milo Yanananapolis has posted that he's tested positive for covid and is treating himself with injected ivermectin. The injectable cattle and swine formula.

:suspense:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Thoughts and prayers

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Ngl it's 50/50 on if he's actually using it or trying to get himself back into the good graces of RWM while seeking actual medical treatment

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

He definitely has been trying to chase some of those trends, like when he suddenly became 'ex-gay' and Christian or whatever

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Yeah, that's why I said it as "he reported".

Wouldn't want to give odds on the factuality, though.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I’d love for him to kill himself with horse dewormer but I’m 100% certain he’s just saying it for attention and didn’t actually do anything. He probably doesn’t even have COVID.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Milo's a burned tool, he likely to never get as good as griefe as his peak.

also gay tokens just dont have the same punch as they used to.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Posted elsewhere, but they blamed Milo for a Covid outbreak for being a sodomite.

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2021/06/08/milo-yiannopoulos-lauren-witzke-trunews-covid-outbreak-satan-sodomite/

Dude can't catch a grifting break atm.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Serves him right for thinking this sea of morons is navigable

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Man, I thought Milo was gonna kill himself through regular good old fashioned human drugs like cocaine, but no I guess it's gonna be :horsedrugs:

gently caress @nero, his Twitter handle should have been @caligula.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Speaking of media people getting into horse paste, what on earth happened to Matt Taibbi

https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1405986791908331521

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

He crack-pinged sometime last year

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FlamingLiberal posted:

He crack-pinged sometime last year

Funny, I could have sworn Taibbi lost his mind during the Obama Administration, but whatever, keep slurping that horse paste, Matty.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

Funny, I could have sworn Taibbi lost his mind during the Obama Administration, but whatever, keep slurping that horse paste, Matty.
He was critical of Obama but it’s been in the last year that he has embraced the alt-right and keeps whining that ‘wokeness’ is the greatest threat or some poo poo

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

He spent a hundred million dollars on a campaign to legalize tomatoes, which I assume worked, because I had a tomato yesterday, and I'm not in jail.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

He seemed like he was flying really close to nihilism, so this was probably inevitable.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Yeah I can't tell if he actually went crazy and thinks that all medical research is done on Facebook, and therefore quacks being blocked on social media is the same as suppression of medical research, or if he's just decided to pull a Hitchens and cash in

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Taibbi's been an antiauthority guy since forever, which leads directly to "there's no fundamental difference between these two political opinions", which leads to being a reactionary. He's forming the opinions Democrats tell him not to, same as QAnon.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
It's a shame because his GFC financial writing is really, really good and on-point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
A couple of years ago, as part of #MeToo, someone noticed that Taibbi's account of drinking/drugging/screwing his way across 1990s Russia was full of underage and non-consensual shenanigans and called him out for it - which led to unconvincing denials, meltdowns, and a conclusion that the REAL threat in the world in out-of-control wokeness.