Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Bucnasti posted:

There has always been this romanticized idea that the German army was superior (cutting edge weapons and tactics) and would have been successful if only they weren't led by those incompetent Nazis.
Of course this is false, real wars are won by factories and supply lines not by fancy tanks, but that doesn't stop people from fetishizing Panthers and ME109s.
The problem is that the line between the Nazi sympathizers and the Army Romantics is blurry and often overlaps.

Also most of that German equipment was inferior trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I can't remember if I read it on here or somewhere else, but they were talking about the ridiculous ways in which nazis wasted time and money. One they focused on was the uniforms. Something like the fallschirmjäger uniform had over 70 unique tailoring cuts, whereas even the finest Saville Row 3-piece suit only has like 21. On top of that, every uniform was custom tailored to the soldier. Like, if you're taking on the world in a war, and you have limited time, money, and supplies, maybe don't give Hugo Boss carte blanche to go hog wild with the unis, and just hand out small, medium, and large instead, with each piece having less then 10 cuts.

It was the sort of blinkered thinking that embodied the nazi regime top to bottom. "Oh gently caress, we're losing the war! Let's build a super tank that will crush all before it! What? Will it be too heavy to cross 99% of all bridges in europe? SHUTUP! Build me that tank! And lets build more of those jets that have a 3 minute flight time, and explode of they have a rough landing."

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
And melt their pilots into unrecognizable goo if the over-pressurized fuel tank leaks into the cockpit.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Aug 25, 2021

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I can't remember if I read it on here or somewhere else, but they were talking about the ridiculous ways in which nazis wasted time and money. One they focused on was the uniforms. Something like the fallschirmjäger uniform had over 70 unique tailoring cuts, whereas even the finest Saville Row 3-piece suit only has like 21. On top of that, every uniform was custom tailored to the soldier. Like, if you're taking on the world in a war, and you have limited time, money, and supplies, maybe don't give Hugo Boss carte blanche to go hog wild with the unis, and just hand out small, medium, and large instead, with each piece having less then 10 cuts.

Yeah that comes up with some regularity in pyf, there was a goon in the milhist thread in ask/tell that covered it initially. That and the iconic stahlhelm being another model of production inefficiency, with like ten different sizes, each hand-stamped, and the leather supports inside custom-fit to the wearer. The whole upshot is that the Nazi uniform was developed to look good in propaganda films marching through blitzkrieged towns and as a consequence sucked to fight in and sucked worse to make.

It's my firm belief that the single most effective piece of Nazi engineering was the humble Jerry can. We're still using those today. (Not that it helped those fascist fucks when their fuel supplies dried up!)

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I remember listening to some wargaming podcast way back in the day and I remember one of the hosts had an interesting comment about getting into WW2 historicals:
"I'm Korean, so I'd want to play with an Asian army but I don't want to play Japanese because they tortured my grandparents."

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
WW2 reenacting is largely an older white guy hobby.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Lord Hypnostache posted:

"I'm Korean, so I'd want to play with an Asian army but I don't want to play Japanese because they tortured my grandparents."

They really dislike each other a lot despite a lot of their pop culture aping one another (it's ADTRW all the way down).

Japanese mom of someone I know refuses to use a Samsung phone because "it's Korean".

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.

pool party orc

pool party orc

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

WAAAAAAAAAAAter fight

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Z the IVth posted:

They really dislike each other a lot despite a lot of their pop culture aping one another (it's ADTRW all the way down).

Japanese mom of someone I know refuses to use a Samsung phone because "it's Korean".
I mean the overwhelming majority of the atrocities are one way and that's Japanese inflicted on Korea.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

TK_Nyarlathotep posted:

pool party orc

pool party orc

This rules tho

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

That was me again.

It wasn't the Fallschirmjager uniform, it was the standard feldbluse (tunic) issued to everyone.

(Edit: Hugo Boss didn't design the standard infantry uniform. He was involved in designing 30's Party uniforms, and used slave labor to manufacture army uniforms later.)

Cessna fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Aug 25, 2021

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.

Eediot Jedi posted:

WAAAAAAAAAAAter fight

if there were a warhammer beach episode and it were anywhere near canon or officially sanctioned i would weep with joy like Anne of Green Gables

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

TK_Nyarlathotep posted:

pool party orc

pool party orc

This is beautiful and I want one.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

TK_Nyarlathotep posted:

pool party orc

pool party orc

owns

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Spanish Manlove posted:

This rules tho
thread is welcoming of good weird as much as bad weird

i also want to print and/or paint the beach orks

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Da Beach Boyz

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Phy posted:

Yeah that comes up with some regularity in pyf, there was a goon in the milhist thread in ask/tell that covered it initially. That and the iconic stahlhelm being another model of production inefficiency, with like ten different sizes, each hand-stamped, and the leather supports inside custom-fit to the wearer. The whole upshot is that the Nazi uniform was developed to look good in propaganda films marching through blitzkrieged towns and as a consequence sucked to fight in and sucked worse to make.

It's my firm belief that the single most effective piece of Nazi engineering was the humble Jerry can. We're still using those today. (Not that it helped those fascist fucks when their fuel supplies dried up!)

Huh, I always kind of wondered why it was called a Jerry can.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Reveilled posted:

Huh, I always kind of wondered why it was called a Jerry can.

Yeah Allied troops recovered them from Germans and then we copied the design. There's a youtube video out there about the elegant and practical design of them

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

AndyElusive posted:

Da Beach Boyz

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

AndyElusive posted:

Da Beach Boyz

Goes perfect with my Surf Boyz - who are still only half painted after four years.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

chin up everything sucks posted:

who are still only half painted after four years.

The Warham sign of maturity

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

chin up everything sucks posted:

Goes perfect with my Surf Boyz - who are still only half painted after four years.

wish deyz all could be califonia grotz

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I can't remember if I read it on here or somewhere else, but they were talking about the ridiculous ways in which nazis wasted time and money.

Not gonna lie, I'd definitely follow a blog/podcast dedicated to the laundry list of ways the nazis hosed up and were incompetent.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Not gonna lie, I'd definitely follow a blog/podcast dedicated to the laundry list of ways the nazis hosed up and were incompetent.

Come on over to the Military History thread in Ask/Tell, that's a regular topic of discussion.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
The Fallout group is on form this week.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Ugleb posted:

The Fallout group is on form this week.

Oh man, that's a clever terrain idea! Dried pasta is really cheap, and it looks like cool alien/mutated flora. I'd have to look up if it's sanitary/safe to use long term, but this seems pretty cool and -

Oh. Oh no

Kaza42 fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Aug 26, 2021

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
The worst part is, you can tell he put in work detailing those balls

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Yeah that's a lot of detail, he must have had a lot of good reference material.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Realistic animal genitalia is more of a skyrim modder thing.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

goatface posted:

Realistic animal genitalia is more of a Rockstar thing

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I kinda like the alien pasta plants. Some weird colours and a bit of decoration on them, they'll look cool. But, do they get stinky after a while? If it's humid, will they absorb moisture?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

That pasta thing is catching on everywhere and I kinda love it.

I don't think they'll get gross unless you're really careless with storage - they're maybe as risky as cardboard.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I dont like how theyre all uniformly cut at the same angle

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

TotalHell posted:

wish deyz all could be califonia grotz

Fun fact, I was living in California in the home of modern surfing (Santa Cruz) when I made the Surf Boyz. I just wanted a fun alternative to Storm Boyz, and Orks on anti-grav surfboards seemed appropriate.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

bandaid.friend posted:

I kinda like the alien pasta plants. Some weird colours and a bit of decoration on them, they'll look cool. But, do they get stinky after a while? If it's humid, will they absorb moisture?

I think you could get away with sealing them really well, but I'm not sure what to seal them with, my go-to is watered down PVA, but I'm afraid that would soften the pasta.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

AndyElusive posted:

Da Beach Boyz

never forget the original beach boyz

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3660745&userid=81014&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post471815397

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I've had an idea that keeps popping into my head about making some Blues Brothers themed orks.

Suits (orky style), hats, sunglasses, and a kitbashed crown vic model kit. But my lack of sculpting skills keeps it from becoming a reality.

"Wez on a mission from Gork"

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I dont know if italian style pasta would react the same, but ramen style will start putting off a rank ammonia stink after a few years.

I found this out after finding a ramen pack at the back of the cupboard that was years old and thought "how bad could it be". It was bad gents, it were real bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Desfore posted:

The worst part is, you can tell he put in work detailing those balls

Thread title