Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

etalian posted:

It's happening again

https://www.wfla.com/community/heal...es-crematories/

One place interviewed said earlier the year it was like 4 new appointments each day but now it's up to 8 appointments.

🎵🎶 LET THE BODIES HIT THE CEILING 🎶🎵

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

The relentless media messaging has finally made it sink in for me: the government has decided that millions of Americans need to die in order for number to go up, and they’re just going to gaslight us into thinking it’s not only an acceptable decision but the only option. No one is on our side, no one is coming to help us.

This is all really cool. I’m so glad all of this is happening, I’m not turning into the Joker at all!

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

fosborb posted:

I'm so pissed I can't go get a booster without lying right now

j&j :argh:

loving lie, it's not hard, nobody cares. Go get you that booster or a bright shiny new set of Phizer!

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

The relentless media messaging has finally made it sink in for me: the government has decided that millions of Americans need to die in order for number to go up, and they’re just going to gaslight us into thinking it’s not only an acceptable decision but the only option. No one is on our side, no one is coming to help us.

This is all really cool. I’m so glad all of this is happening, I’m not turning into the Joker at all!

lol

lmao

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Schnorkles posted:

sacrificing our children to number

:coronatoot::hf::coronatoot:

You will be in my cabinet when the government falls.

I decided to do what was needed for my 3rd when I realized that telling the truth stops me from getting what I want, and that's tyranny. So in a sense, I did it in the name of freedom.

cr0y fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Aug 25, 2021

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:laffo:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Thoguh posted:

Welp my wife's grandpa is undergoing surgery for a bunch of things wrong with his bladder and also he can't walk because of a badly infected knee and who boy am I hoping he pulls through and also retains the desire and will to live for a few months so we have time to figure out how things will work that don't end up with just my wife being super exposed to COVID from multiple people since they live in a town that's maybe 1/3 vaxxed and while her immediate family is vaxxed they are very open Biden.

Also look forward to getting in a fight about not taking the baby with her because I know that once she gets there a bunch of unplanned people will show up, either maskless or in cloth masks at best, and want to hold her and she will fold immediately and hand her over rather than disappoint some random cousin.

News: He's out of surgery and stable, though who knows how long that'll last. However, he also has COVID again. He had it once already and got vaxxed this spring. So, uh, I imagine things could change quickly in this situation.

Views:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

sorry, main characters are full up at the moment expendable work- essential, essential worker. :sun: check back when the main character chairs are below 100% capacity

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

RudeCat posted:

loving lie, it's not hard, nobody cares. Go get you that booster or a bright shiny new set of Phizer!

yeah when greg abbott got covid he revealed he had gotten his third shot ages before any authorities had recommended anyone get them. the restrictions on more shots are being laxly enforced on purpose so that people "in the know" can protect themselves without "causing a panic" among everyone else

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

It occurred to me that the coronavirus is made out of proteins and sugars that someone else ate, and their body made them into virus and then spread into the air. That's gross, I don't want that.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/covid-icus-doctors-see-surge-critically-ill-pregnant-women-n1277524

quote:

In Covid ICUs, doctors see a surge in critically ill pregnant women

As the delta variant drives a surge in hospitalizations across the South, doctors say they’re seeing an unprecedented number of pregnant women critically ill with Covid-19.

"None of us has ever seen this magnitude of really, really sick women at one time," said Dr. Akila Subramaniam, an associate professor at the University of Alabama’s Birmingham Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine. Subramaniam and her colleagues estimate a tripling — or even quadrupling — of pregnant patients hospitalized with Covid.
"Their deterioration is quicker," said Dr. Todd Rice, director of Vanderbilt's medical intensive care unit. "They go faster from needing a little bit of oxygen to holy s---, they need a lot of support."

not good!

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Chamale posted:

It occurred to me that the coronavirus is made out of proteins and sugars that someone else ate, and their body made them into virus and then spread into the air. That's gross, I don't want that.

i have good news for you: it’s over

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Chamale posted:

it's like barbecue

where's the cheese lung image...

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
have any of you giant brain geniuses ever considered that if horse antiparasitics make you slough off your intestines that maybe your intestines are parasites??? lets see them live without you huh!

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

mod sassinator posted:

it's like barbecue

where's the cheese lung image...

I love to eat barbecue that someone else chewed up and spat onto the grill for me

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

hmm if we could have only looked at literally any other country these last few months like oh I don't know all of LATAM and come to the same conclusion but alas, covid is over

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

the one ER here that I know people that work at told me they have 4 women come in for miscarriages during the afternoon the other day. probably nothing

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
It is endemic. Nothing to be done now but accept the Lord's plan!

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

If you got infected from a chuds wife....

And she swallows....

Then....

The virus that infected you....

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Pregnant woman getting hit hard by the variants was big news in Brazil and India. Someone here dismissed it cause of course pregnant woman would be hit harder, their immune systems are weaker; stop fearmongering!

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
another part of florida is loving with their water because of o2 shortages lol

https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/local/hillsboroughcounty/tampa-bay-water-treatment-liquid-oxygen/67-f3d940a6-7c0e-42b2-9aa1-7440eafbc89e

quote:

TAMPA, Fla. — Tampa Bay Water operators advise the quality of drinking water will be OK after changing its treatment process because of a shortage of liquid oxygen.

The temporary adjustment, set to go into effect Thursday, Aug. 26, applies to people living in southern Hillsborough County, according to a news release. The utility says the change is necessary at its Lithia Hydrogen Sulfide Removal Facility given fewer deliveries of liquid oxygen, which is used in the water treatment process, and its use for hospitals to treat COVID patients.

Officials in Central Florida last week told residents to immediately conserve water given the significant rise of COVID-related hospitalizations and the demand for liquid oxygen in medical settings.

Utility workers will use sodium hypochlorite, otherwise known as bleach, to treat the water — rather than use liquid oxygen — and remove hydrogen sulfide. People who are sensitive to taste and odor changes might notice a difference, the utility says, but the water otherwise will meet or be better than local, state and federal standards.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

McNugget Buddy posted:

The thought is that the third shot might give lasting immunity, but it'll take a while to generate antibodies. Pfizer's 3rd shot showed good antibodies against Delta after a month. Whether or not the antibodies increase/decrease/maintain longer than that, they're still studying.

No one knows, honestly. Letting your immune system build up protection without additional artificial pushes is probably a good idea.

Artificial pushes? But my body is the one producing the antibodies, the mRNA just creates the spike protein.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

ive said this before but im saying it again so people are aware it can happen to them. we were evicted during the height of a pandemic so the landlord could sell at the height of the market. number go up, open biden, apple paste my face, etc.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
these days smelling cigarette smoke while out walking fills me with rage even more so when they are doing it in a completely unavoidable place like right at a doorway

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

That's where I'm from originally and I'm not surprised.

Isn't this basically what we used to do to treat water everywhere? Just chlorine it and call it a day? Right?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
i feel like if multiple parts of your state are changing water purification because so much liquid oxygen has to be diverted for ventilator patients... that should probably be a hard lockdown red line to cross

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Trumped again!!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
had a guy come to install a new door on my place, so i've been walking around with a mask on all day :waycool:

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Lol I'm sitting in an urgent care with someone who isnt here for covid and everyone else is walking around sick trying to get tested, they are turning people away at the door. Lmao :rip: I'm in danger

The Saucer Hovers posted:

ive said this before but im saying it again so people are aware it can happen to them. we were evicted during the height of a pandemic so the landlord could sell at the height of the market. number go up, open biden, apple paste my face, etc.

My uncle did this to me its deffo real

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pancake rabbit posted:

we moved from the burbs to the country last month to a place with a small horse barn and let me tell you, horses are not the livestock u wanna own

absolutely useless creatures, dangerous at both ends

and don't even get me started on trying to get dewormer for an actual loving horse right now lol

They make really drat good sauerbraten :mmmhmm:

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

That's where I'm from originally and I'm not surprised.

Isn't this basically what we used to do to treat water everywhere? Just chlorine it and call it a day? Right?

yeah it will be fine to drink but i wonder if the bleach can't get sulfur out so it will taste and smell awful

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Lol I'm sitting in an urgent care with someone who isnt here for covid and everyone else is walking around sick trying to get tested, they are turning people away at the door. Lmao :rip: I'm in danger

lmao turning people away

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

The Saucer Hovers posted:

I just posted in the doomsday thread that selling the property is one weird trick to evict tenants and a lot of landlords are selling to family members to get rid of tenants then having the family sell it back so they can keep renting it out with new tenants. Just had a hallway conversation with a coworker who told me that's what their sister just did to get rid of 'deadbeats'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

the urgent care near me has every single parking space filled, and cars are haphazardly parked in the middle of it outside of any marked spaces and i am in one of the well managed blue open biden areas