Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Speaking of retro gently caress WWE has been so mediocre for 20 years that no one is like lets watch classic smackdown from the 2000s. We know they existed and things happened but no one will be lets watch them because theyre not a disaster like TNA or brilliant like RoH. They just exist. The 2010s are even worse with all throwback retro watches being New Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lid posted:

False

The retro Nitro reviews peaked when they became unwatchably bad.

Ah you're right. Although at least WCW was absurdly bad and a train wreck. Versus WWE that is just a boring slog that actively punishes you for watching.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dango Bango posted:

The podcasts are so much better when they're reviewing stuff they like anyway. Do that and stop killing yourselves with actually watching WWE.

The podcasts are much better when it is Bryan ranting about poo poo he thinks is stupid. Or like today, things he initially thinks are OK and then realizes are stupid.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

MassRafTer posted:

The podcasts are much better when it is Bryan ranting about poo poo he thinks is stupid.

:yeah:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

MassRafTer posted:

The podcasts are much better when it is Bryan ranting about poo poo he thinks is stupid. Or like today, things he initially thinks are OK and then realizes are stupid.

Still annoyed they stopped reviewing the Monday Night War documentary.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Bix is Reveling in the Excitement of Tandy

I wish I worked on a Tandy.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lid posted:

False

Vinny's apoplectic reaction to Bam Bam Bigelow being counted out of anywhere is fantastic, but there's just as many moments when he and the others are bitterly dejected about having to slog through what's left of Nitro, especially during the 3-hour Nitro era

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Lid posted:

False

Same goes for the Impact reviews. Obviously there's the Gold Boat rant as the best example of Bryan getting really angry, but on the other side you also have something like the "Silent Night, Bloody Night" christmas tree match that was so hilariously stupid that both Bryan and Vinny just completely lost it at the absurdity of it all.

And of course, let's never forget the glorious reviews of the Urban Wrestling Federation for an absolute poo poo product that lead to some of the most entertaining reviews I've ever heard.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Bryan's reaction to the Fiend/Seth hammer shenanigans in Hell in a Cell were incredible, because it was something he knew was stupid, then he slowly realized was far, far stupider than he thought.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Germansimp posted:

Same goes for the Impact reviews. Obviously there's the Gold Boat rant as the best example of Bryan getting really angry, but on the other side you also have something like the "Silent Night, Bloody Night" christmas tree match that was so hilariously stupid that both Bryan and Vinny just completely lost it at the absurdity of it all.

And of course, let's never forget the glorious reviews of the Urban Wrestling Federation for an absolute poo poo product that lead to some of the most entertaining reviews I've ever heard.

i loved the UWF reviews because it was a lot of "there were like 12 segments in a row that were all 5 seconds long and i couldn't hear anything anyone said in them, and then there was a match and the match was really good!"

also one of my favorite Bryan lines of all time: "He wants to gently caress bitches, and he wants to get that money. Great!"

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Hey yo!
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1428865194919403527
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1429655899614887945

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

"I wish I was going [to PWG], but I am not going because my job requires me to watch Extreme Rules" - Dave

Poor Dave

Legitimately, how do we tell him to loving go to PWG.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Wazzu posted:

Legitimately, how do we tell him to loving go to PWG.

Bryan told him to. But Dave wanted to take his whole family and it's sold out.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dave has done some problematic things this year and at Confession his priest told him he couldn't go to PWG he had to watch Extreme Rules as penance.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Dango Bango posted:

Bryan told him to. But Dave wanted to take his whole family and it's sold out.

.....is Dave aware he has sufficient clout to just ask PWG for extra tickets for his family, or does he feel that would make people think he would no longer be able to be impartial.

Urgh, it's probably that. If they did him a favour, people would claim bias and bribes forever.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jva3T9N_iu0

Glad they didn't skip right to the next PPV or else I never would have known to go look this up.

So obviously this is not a shoot but given basically nobody would understand the promo at all, I feel it has to be from the heart.

I think there's real passion in this, real (and perfectly justified) anger and frustration.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Aug 25, 2021

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wazzu posted:

.....is Dave aware he has sufficient clout to just ask PWG for extra tickets for his family, or does he feel that would make people think he would no longer be able to be impartial.

Urgh, it's probably that. If they did him a favour, people would claim bias and bribes forever.

Isn't PWG notorious (is that the right word? I mean it in a positive sense) that NOBODY gets gifted/comped a ticket and it really is first-come/first-served with no exceptions?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

Glad they didn't skip right to the next PPV or else I never would have known to go look this up.

So obviously this is not a shoot but given basically nobody would understand the promo at all, I feel it has to be from the heart.

I think there's real passion in this, real (and perfectly justified) anger and frustration.

If I remember correctly, Stephanie McMahon was revealed as the new ECW owner later that same evening.

Edit: I have no idea why the Awful app quoted you twice.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
hahahahaha granny absolutely burying charlotte

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

NikkolasKing posted:

Paul told a story where he asked Vince if he wanted to clear his promo and Vince said, “I don’t care pal go out there and draw me money!”

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

whatever happened to bunkhouse buck

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

yea ok posted:

whatever happened to bunkhouse buck

He became Jack Swagger's dad

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Davros1 posted:

He became Jack Swagger's dad

I never mind Jimmy Golden getting a paycheck.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

edogawa rando posted:

If I remember correctly, Stephanie McMahon was revealed as the new ECW owner later that same evening.
No, that was months earlier. This promo was at the very end of the invasion storyline, on the Survivor Series go-home show.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Isn't PWG notorious (is that the right word? I mean it in a positive sense) that NOBODY gets gifted/comped a ticket and it really is first-come/first-served with no exceptions?

They used some tickets in reserve for regulars to purchase if they couldn't get through the massive rush to buy when they were in Reseda. But they weren't comps, you had to pay.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
RD vs. Russo, Round One:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSDZAa1Olh4

it’s not about anything close to wrestling

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

DMorbid posted:

No, that was months earlier. This promo was at the very end of the invasion storyline, on the Survivor Series go-home show.

Yeah, to be specific, Steph being unveiled as the owner of ECW was the same night they did the “ECW enters the fray” moment where RVD and Dreamer debuted and the ECW to WWE guys all turned.

I remember it specifically because in the middle of the night they’d revitalized the whole stupid Invasion angle with one segment and at the end of the night they destroyed every iota of interest I had in it to keep on running McMahon vs McMahon bullshit over a year after Wrestlemania 2000.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Warning for WOR listeners: Bryan gives a Rampage spoiler while running down the All Out card around the 53 minute mark.

I'm gonna have to stop listening to Wednesday WORs to avoid spoilers.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Dango Bango posted:

Warning for WOR listeners: Bryan gives a Rampage spoiler while running down the All Out card around the 53 minute mark.

that was so whack

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
They did basically say that once they were done with Dynamite they were going to talk about Rampage, which is when I stopped listening.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Isn't that what meltzer freaks give him money for? Scoops and inside info? Well whats scoopier than results from the future. That's what you wanted.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If you complain to Bryan he will make the spoiler warning more obvious and hopefully also make fun of everyone mad about spoilers.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

projecthalaxy posted:

Isn't that what meltzer freaks give him money for?

no, i wanna hear him ramble about raw

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

Haven't listened yet, definitely not the 57 minute mark?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Arbite posted:

Correct. They run down the All Out card at the end of the Dynamite recap. Bryan reads off the Young Bucks match with their opponent. Hence my post giving a heads up about it.

While it's a little annoying to skip around, I don't have a problem with spoilers if they correctly timestamp it. (Although it would be nice if they just ended with spoilers and a warning so I can just shut it off instead.)

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Arbite posted:

I really didn't appreciate the bit at 59:10 when Dave and Bryan were clearly listing fake wrestler names and making up results. I mean, it was kind of funny at first but then they just kept listing fake matches on an imaginary wrestling program and killed the bit.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Tato posted:

I really didn't appreciate the bit at 59:10 when Dave and Bryan were clearly listing fake wrestler names and making up results. I mean, it was kind of funny at first but then they just kept listing fake matches on an imaginary wrestling program and killed the bit.

You joke but they literally hadn’t heard of half the people on the nxt show

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

new NXT guidelines working well then

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I was laughing at some of the results as my only reaction was “WHO?!?” only to learn they had been employed by WWE for years and never appeared on TV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Tato posted:

I was laughing at some of the results as my only reaction was “WHO?!?” only to learn they had been employed by WWE for years and never appeared on TV

It's both funny and kind of sad when you see an NXT person for the first time and realize they've been in the PC going to wrestling school for longer than the Attitude Era existed and are still only barely good enough to get on developmental tv