Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Capisano
Sep 11, 2001

Brutal

RCarr posted:

What other thread?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3923566

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
If anyone actually wants diy I am about to sell many. Like more than 30. I put them in front of my airport and they have now taken over half my residential area.

For people who need them.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
I have Tex in boxes today, if anyone wants the best penguin hmu either in here or the racoon goons discord. Possibly claimed by a friend nope still available

Chalupa Joe fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Aug 12, 2021

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Celeste is here again if anyone's interested. Warp pipe will take you directly to where I have her trapped.

CLOSED

Buy what you want. Take what you want from the ground and trees. Turnips are garbage. Leif is here if you need plants.

Summer item cataloging is to the right of the airport over the bridge.

I'll be AFK.

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Aug 13, 2021

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Redd has once again docked on sunny Fiorina with some real art and some fake art! Come see what he has to offer, while stocks last!

Buy what you like at Nooks, Ables has THE CROWN today, and Rasher will be in boxes tomorrow if anyone wants a grumpus piggy neighbour!

I'll be mostly AFK but ping me if something goes fucky.

Dodo in PGS thread

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I want to start working on the revamp of my current island, but I was planning to wait until I had the second island so I could transfer a lot of the outdoor decorations and stuff straight over, rather than clogging up my limited house storage...

Decisions, decisions.

e; well, since I have no self control when it comes to this game, I spent an hour or so running back and forth between the house and Nooks and have cleared a lot of storage space. So now I can start taking down some of the outdoor areas that will be moving islands.

e; what I actually meant was 'now I can spend five hours making little farm plots and moving trees and vegetables around'. On the plus side at least I've decided I don't have to move any buildings this time?

Black Robe fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Aug 15, 2021

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Done a lot more work today and I'm really pleased with how everything's going. The island feels much more open now, and there are little farm plots everywhere, and more trees. I need to clear some of the beach stuff, I like my beach bar but it doesn't fit the new rural/pastoral vibe and will be packed into storage for the second island that's going to be much more developed and urban.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Is there anyone who has a turnip price that's not complete rear end?

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Fiorina is now open for Lopez’s birthday! The horny boi loves him some grey, educational and gorgeous gifts so spoil him rotten today!

Leif is also here with seasonal starts and flowers!

Dodo: Closed

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Aug 20, 2021

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

So if next Saturday is the Bug-Off, and Sunday is the Fireworks Show, does that mean KK Slider will show up on Monday?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

God probably. I wouldn't mind skipping him, since he precludes Celeste turning up and I keep missing her lately. The other day I went back into the game in the morning and there was Celeste wandering around on my beach left over from the night before. I looked for her! Stealth owl.

I had three bulb boppers and gave one to Ribbot and the little green orbs sit right on top of his eyes and it looks amazing. I'll try to get a pic if he wears them tonight.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

So if next Saturday is the Bug-Off, and Sunday is the Fireworks Show, does that mean KK Slider will show up on Monday?

Ugh, I hope not. That just means a third day when nobody can ask to move and the only visitor is useless.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

My friend and I discovered a new game you can play in Animal Crossing!

Go to one of the complicated rooms in the museum: the first bug room for instance. Pick a starting location and a goal. For instance, start by the butterfly room door and aim for the bench behind the big beetle tree. When you're at the starting location open the camera app. This will fix your camera position. Try to make your way to the goal without being able to see your character. You'll get a little bubble pointing at you off the edge of the screen, but that's it. You'll have to do your best to remember the layout.

This game is best played with a friend: someone just laughing at you as you run into walls. Since we were doing this online, my friend and I had a system where the witness would go back to the starting area and do a random emote to verify that the other person had kept the camera app on the whole time. There were only two of us, but if there were three or more I can imagine it being a race, so long as one person sat out to act as witness.

There's a number of complicated places in the museum where you could try this- getting to a particular porthole in the ocean room in the aquarium, trying to get to a particular painting in the art room. It was a lot of fun!

My friend and I have been playing Animal Crossing basically every day since launch and this was the most fun we had in a long time.

We could really use a big content update or expansion at some point.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

They didn't even add new bopper shapes/colours.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Redd is currently docked on Fiorina's secret beach with the following art:

-Quaint Painting - fake
-Scary Painting - real
-Warrior Statue - fake
-Common Painting - real

I also have other real and fake art in my home storage if anyone wants to snag some of that. I'll mostly be AFK but ping me if something goes wrong

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Aug 24, 2021

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

From the Raccoon Goons Discord. Everyone should just see this because it’s wonderful:
https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1739421-no-ones-around-to-help

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

From the Raccoon Goons Discord. Everyone should just see this because it’s wonderful:
https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1739421-no-ones-around-to-help

Bob! I have Bob on my island at the moment. I don't like him tbh, his eyes are weird. Go away Bob.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Redd is currently docked on Fiorina's secret beach with the following art:

-Quaint Painting - fake
-Scary Painting - real
-Warrior Statue - fake
-Common Painting - real

I also have other real and fake art in my home storage if anyone wants to snag some of that. I'll mostly be AFK but ping me if something goes wrong

Dodo: FMV4B

Yours was the first island I've ever visited, and OMG my island is so barren :lol:

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

a mysterious cloak posted:

Yours was the first island I've ever visited, and OMG my island is so barren :lol:

OMG we were talking about you in the Discord server since I brought up the message you left on my bulletin board! It was so wholesome and lovely!

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Awww, thanks :)

That's why I started playing - a nice chill out, friendly game where I can draw like a 6 year old!

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Dumb question - if I dig up the golden glowing spot, and instead of replanting the 1000 Bells that were buried there, I were to instead bury a bag of 99,000 Bells, would the tree that grows there have three sacks of 99,000 Bells, or would it still only be three bags 1000 Bells?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

W.T. Fits posted:

Dumb question - if I dig up the golden glowing spot, and instead of replanting the 1000 Bells that were buried there, I were to instead bury a bag of 99,000 Bells, would the tree that grows there have three sacks of 99,000 Bells, or would it still only be three bags 1000 Bells?

The money trees don't really follow logic that well.

If you plant 1000 or less, you get 3 x 1000 back every time.

If you plant 9000 or less, there's a 70% chance of 3 x 1000, and a 30% chance of 3 x the amount buried.

If you plant 10,000 - 99,000 there's a 70% chance of 3 x 10,000 and a 30% chance of 3 x the amount buried.

The most efficient and consistent way to profit is to bury 10k every time, but maybe you want to gamble.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Redd is currently parked on my island, and he has 3 genuine artworks for sale: a Moody Painting, a Perfect Painting (always genuine) and a real Mystic statue.

If anyone's interested I can open up

Melicious
Nov 18, 2005
Ugh, stop licking my hand, you horse's ass!

Zuzie posted:

Redd is currently parked on my island, and he has 3 genuine artworks for sale: a Moody Painting, a Perfect Painting (always genuine) and a real Mystic statue.

That son of a bitch brought the exact same real art to my island yesterday, all of which I already had, of course. I’m never gonna finish my museum :cry:

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Zuzie posted:

I would love a Mystic Statue. PM me when you're available- I should be around for the next few hours.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Chieves posted:

I would love a Mystic Statue. PM me when you're available- I should be around for the next few hours.

PM sent, will be open for a bit though

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Zuzie posted:

PM sent, will be open for a bit though

Thanks again! Left you a message and took a lap around the island. Really liked the museum area!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Is there a museum completion guide that can filter by month, then time?

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
If someone has a good turnip price this week I'd appreciate a code. I bought 1million bells worth and my top price is 44. Today it's 13.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.

Mister Facetious posted:

It doesn't have art or fossils on it, but I've been using this one:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WjVJYD4kbS5LeeMlD7FhZCc-tDsJewk6yhKDCo_-eXM/edit?usp=sharing

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Mister Facetious posted:

Polygon had great guides when I was going for a full museum. They have separate pages but they do have one for fish and one for bugs that you can sort by name, time, date, and I think even shadow or something like that. Worked like a charm for me.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

Mister Facetious posted:

The ACNH.Guide app can do this, you'll have to manually enter your Critterpedia but then you can filter it by caught, uncaught, catchable now, etc.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

I DID IT!
https://twitter.com/DoreenFiorina/status/1430961423648100355?s=20

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Redd's here with a real informative statue and three fakes (Mona Lisa, Blue Boy and Olmec head) as well as unlimited candlesticks of two kinds.

I also have a spare real scary painting courtesy of Lucky via the mail this morning.

If anyone needs one or both of those, shoot me a PM or nudge me here and I'll open up for you.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Who’s up for a Fireworks Show! Fiorina is opening up for August’s last fireworks display. Come on by, pick up a bopper from Isabelle, get some boba tea from Redd, hang out with some excited animals!

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Aug 29, 2021

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
I lost count with Gulliver, but now I have a Golden Shovel in under a year :toot:
I was expecting it to take another couple of months.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

I lost count with Gulliver, but now I have a Golden Shovel in under a year :toot:
I was expecting it to take another couple of months.

:bisonyes:

You got yer Gold poo poo Digging Shovel!

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Turnips are at 582 on Mau-Mau!

Open again, new code in PGS

CJ is visiting, which doesn't matter to you, nyuk! Buy what you want. Help yourself to the items and DIYs on the ground and/or flowers or fruit if you need.

It's Audie's birthday, so feel free to bring her a gift. Her favorite colors are green and white and she likes cute and active clothes.

I'll keep the gate open until about 10pm EST when Nooks closes for me.

I'll be AFK so ping me if the connection goes wrong or something.

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Sep 1, 2021

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

SilentChaz posted:

Turnips are at 582 on Mau-Mau!

Code in PGS

CJ is visiting, which doesn't matter to you, nyuk! Buy what you want. Help yourself to the items and DIYs on the ground and/or flowers or fruit if you need.

It's Audie's birthday, so feel free to bring her a gift. Her favorite colors are green and white and she likes cute and active clothes.

I'll keep the gate open until about 3pm EST and then re-open later this evening.

I'll be AFK so ping me if the connection goes wrong or something.

Thanks a lot! There was a queue at the notice board so I couldn't leave you a message.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Black Robe posted:

Thanks a lot! There was a queue at the notice board so I couldn't leave you a message.

That was me, sorry!