Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Dr. Poz posted:

I get not being able to link to sites that let you order actually printed proxies, complete with copyrighted back. Not being able to link to the printer paper proxy generator is a ridiculous line to draw should be reconsidered.

I think it's probably ok to not link to a page that lets you print your own proxies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Dr. Poz posted:

I get not being able to link to sites that let you order actually printed proxies, complete with copyrighted back. Not being able to link to the printer paper proxy generator is a ridiculous line to draw should be reconsidered.

What you are asking for is for site moderators to perform some kind of investigation every time someone wants to make a link - and for us to somehow have the legal background to be able to discern what is "obviously" ok and what is not, when actually the legalities are probably complicated and technical. I'm not a lawyer and I'm not qualified to say whether it matters if the paper is printer paper or whatever.

Instead, we ask the users to take the very simple step of just not linking to proxy sites. This does not seem to be a huge burden. Nobody is in trouble here, I didn't issue a probation, but it is in the Trad Games rules sticked at the top of this forum, and we're going to enforce this rule.

Leperflesh posted:

:filez:

If a game is VERY out of print and unavailable, you can link to scans of rule books, components, etc. for your own use (e.g., non-commercial uses). Otherwise, do not link it. In border cases, please ask a mod first.

No one cares if your miniatures, wargaming gear, or proxy cards were made by the manufacturer or a helpful third party. However, discussing where goons can get them is out. Keep it off our forums.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Aug 25, 2021

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

I wonder if the kamigawa will have all the weird kami but either cyberpunked or being very out of place in the future world.

It won't, but that'd be cool.

Kami of Social Media
2U Summon Sprit 2/2
So You Have Been Publicly Shamed - tap target Legendary creature. That creature does not untap in its controllers next untap phase.

Maybe add Convoke!

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

If the new Kamigawa storyline is basically Cyberpunk American Gods, I'd be down with it

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Kamigawa can have a cyberpunk Cancel reprint and then we can finally complain about Cancel culture (Mono U control)

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Toshimo posted:

Pretty sure John Wick would get yeeted out of the lobby at WotC, not hired.

Rich Wulf, not John Wick, Wulf bounced a bit between AEG and WotC writing story and novels for L5R and Eberron.

Lone Goat posted:

Ok I looked it up and

though I don't know enough about history regarding the Mongol/Japanese divide, so partial credit I suppose?

There's not really a divide other than the thousands of miles that separated the two Empires. They really only came into contact twice, with the first being the source for the Kamikaze myth and the second being a short-lived but brutal oppression of Northern Japan.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Aug 25, 2021

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
now that the "impossible" has happened and they're revisiting kamigawa, I went and looked at what planes have yet to get a second standard set:

lorwyn (2007)
alara (2008)
tarkir (2014)
kaladesh (2016)
amonkhet (2017)
ixalan (2017)
eldraine (2019)
ikoria (2020)
kaldheim (2021)
strixhaven (2021)

of those I feel most strongly for alara and tarkir (probably due to how much I drafted them), but I'm pretty milquetoast about the rest of the sets. I'm particularly not hot on anything eldraine or later, and I wonder how much the new block model and the collapse of magic storytelling have to do with it.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Give me mafioso demon families of New Carpenna with targeted removal cards of, "Sleeps with the Fishes, Made Man, Robert DeNiro Kicks, The Good Coats are in the Back", other flavor cards of, "Suicide Doors, Cement Shoes (as a harmful equipment), The Meadowlands (special land that can hold cards that were supposed to go to the graveyard like a specialized exile), Nephew's Baptism (board wipe that makes you a Godfather/Monarch at the end)

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

Given the Kaledesh cards in MH2 I'm super hopeful we'll return to that plane.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Toshimo posted:

Pretty sure John Wick would get yeeted out of the lobby at WotC, not hired.

Wasn't John Wick, one of his successors. And I know the dude and judging by his Facebook this is new to him.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

dragon enthusiast posted:

now that the "impossible" has happened and they're revisiting kamigawa, I went and looked at what planes have yet to get a second standard set:

lorwyn (2007)
alara (2008)
tarkir (2014)
kaladesh (2016)
amonkhet (2017)
ixalan (2017)
eldraine (2019)
ikoria (2020)
kaldheim (2021)
strixhaven (2021)

of those I feel most strongly for alara and tarkir (probably due to how much I drafted them), but I'm pretty milquetoast about the rest of the sets. I'm particularly not hot on anything eldraine or later, and I wonder how much the new block model and the collapse of magic storytelling have to do with it.

Seems like a return to Kaladesh is inevitable. I'd like to see them do Amonkhet again, since stuff is obviously happening there in the story. I wasn't around for the first Alara or Lorwyn so those would be pretty interesting.

The others I could take or leave. There's a lot of fairy tale stuff left to mine for Eldraine but they'd have to power it way down which would leave it to be unfavorably compared to the original so IDK.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I wonder if we'll get some info about The Wanderer in one of these new sets. She showed up on an Ikoria card(Banishing Blade), but wasn't actually featured in the set for some reason.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
someday they're gonna have to de-dragon tarkir and oh lord i cannot wait

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Nah, it'll turn out that Sarkhan didn't change history, he just created a parallel timeline so both KTK and DTK exist at the same time or something

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Alara is kind of boring tbh. The shards are way less interesting that Ravnica guilds or Tarkir clans.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

Can one undo a genocide?

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

whydirt posted:

Alara is kind of boring tbh. The shards are way less interesting that Ravnica guilds or Tarkir clans.

I think Esper is really cool and the other bits are much less so

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

whydirt posted:

I think it could be done well for a set just to show how the shards are co-existing. Like id like 4 color cards showing stuff like an esper scientist investigating grixis and stuff like that

This is probably an idea best suited to a cycle in MH3 thinking about it more

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Maybe the crime families are the new shards.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Huxley posted:

Goons of Alara.
Kingpins of Tarkir

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Huxley posted:

Irish mafia are Naya, Italian mafia are Jund, Russian mafia are Grixis, Chinese triads are Esper and Japanese yakuza are Bant

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
If Italians aren't White, Red and Green what's even the point

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Eej posted:

If Italians aren't White, Red and Green what's even the point

https://twitter.com/sopranosnocnxt/status/1086677726260383744

Crime plane is my guess for the shard groups to come back as well, but I cant really see a bant crime family run by a demon. Maybe its the leftovers of the angels that originally built the city?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
We just had wedges in Tarkir so I would expect shards.
And maybe the fabled shard triomes

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

HootTheOwl posted:

We just had wedges in Tarkir so I would expect shards.
And maybe the fabled shard triomes

God I loving hope not; I hate the Triomes only second to Oko in the last several years.
Fetchable tri-color that you can also cycle away late game is such stupid design.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

DangerDongs posted:

God I loving hope not; I hate the Triomes only second to Oko in the last several years.
Fetchable tri-color that you can also cycle away late game is such stupid design.

You're not wrong, but

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

They're healthier than shocklands especially for standard imo.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

If the Mafia plane features demon crime families I wonder if we’re gonna get non-black demons? I’d put money on it being a shard set, and they seem to like doing big cycles of typed leaders.

DangerDongs posted:

It takes a lot to make ETB-tapped lands playable and the Triomes haven’t been anywhere close to problematic in standard.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

fadam posted:

If the Mafia plane features demon crime families I wonder if we’re gonna get non-black demons? I’d put money on it being a shard set, and they seem to like doing big cycles of typed leaders.

I'd laugh so hard if all the 3-colour combos had black in them.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bugsy posted:

Crime plane is my guess for the shard groups to come back as well, but I cant really see a bant crime family run by a demon. Maybe its the leftovers of the angels that originally built the city?

I could see Bant as the colors for like a "completely legitimate" crime family, maybe one heavily integrated with the government and police of the city itself

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

DangerDongs posted:

The Shortest Path posted:

They're healthier than shocklands especially for standard imo.

fadam posted:

It takes a lot to make ETB-tapped lands playable and the Triomes haven’t been anywhere close to problematic in standard.
There are no fetches in standard. A lot of cards are fine in standard that are busted everywhere else/ arnen't good designs.

Defeatist Elitist
Jun 17, 2012

I've got a carbon fixation.

HootTheOwl posted:

There are no fetches in standard. A lot of cards are fine in standard that are busted everywhere else/ arnen't good designs.

I guess they've wrecked modern then, huh?

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

HootTheOwl posted:

I think what they mean is that you can grab a triome with a card that looks for a land type. I use Binding the Old Gods to fetch triomes all the time.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Defeatist Elitist posted:

I guess they've wrecked modern then, huh?
They've just made Fetches better, really. If you're running a full set of Fetches and Shocklands then it makes sense to throw in a Triome or two, because it's strictly better to Fetch on turn 1 than a Shockland if you don't have a 1 drop.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

despite my user handle i am all in on this outcome

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

HootTheOwl posted:

Where are the Triomes busted?

I think they're pretty good designs. Look at how many ETB-Tapped duals they print that don't see any play anywhere. The payoff has to be HUGE for a land to 100% come into play tapped I think. I'd rather have the Triomes around than like 90% of these:
https://www.managathering.com/duallands/Azorius.html

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I just want a mono white big bad and a red good guy like Mirrodin 2 again.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Mono-white big bad would super work for corrupt 1930s art deco city land

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Froghammer posted:

Mono-white big bad would super work for corrupt 1930s art deco city land
liliana Vess vs Eliot ness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Can a loremaster weigh in on what colour the big bad guy was in the recent sets?

AFR: No lore so no big bad guy I guess, maybe the B Necropotence guy
STX: The WRB demon DFC guy?
KHM: Tibalt (RB) or Vorinclex (G)?
ZNR: No clue
IKO: No clue, I guess one of the legendary wedge monsters?
THB: No clue
ELD: Oko? (GB)
WAR: Bolas? (UBR)

Black is definitely the front runner, but for some reason I think W is in second place franchise wide with Norn and the Kamigawa guy.

fadam fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Aug 26, 2021