Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Orange vs Hardy 67 50.00%
Bros vs Blonds 37 27.61%
Velvet vs Hayter 22 16.42%
Black vs Brock 8 5.97%
Total: 134 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

It was sloppy but really fun. Sloppy when people are doing cool poo poo and still mostly hitting is cool.

Gotta disagree with my main man MRT on this one. There were like 4 minutes straight of very messy bad wrestling and if it was all the blondes fault I would have looked the other way but half of it was Penta being lazy as usual. #itsmy2cents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

BDawg posted:

Velvet / Hayter was very good.

Blondes / Bros got waaaaay sloppy and wasn’t very good.

Yeah, Brian and Griff whiffed on a LOT of poo poo. It really shows how fuckin' good the Bucks are at putting people over that they put together that match that made them look like a million bucks.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Remember to keep the Rampage spoilers in the spoiler thread I know it will be tempting as every AEW show is so good and we want to talk about them alL!

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

yea ok posted:

Who gives a FUCKIN poo poo!!!!!!!! about AEW Botches or any lovely twitter account!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry for yelling

:emptyquote:

show wasn't as good as recent weeks but l m a o at the doom and glooming going on twitter about TK 'dropping the ball'

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

Who gives a FUCKIN poo poo!!!!!!!! about AEW Botches or any lovely twitter account!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry for yelling

you dont get it man, some loving crazy rear end psycho motherfuckers are gonna post the same insane bullshit that they would have posted anyway!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/EvilUno/status/1430699745379553285

He's sorry okay! Can't we all just go back to being friends! :cry:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Well, I thought it was nice to see some people who don't usually get Dynamite time. Even if some of them were the Gunn Club. (Still kinda like Austin despite myself, though.)

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

stab posted:

https://youtube.com/channel/UC-E3NO20UXJ13Bm5-oFrzBw

So it shall be written so it shall be done.

Don't say biblical poo poo like this. That's how you summon either Miro or Black

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the posts really let the show down this week. let's give them a better showing this friday night!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

yea ok posted:

Hey. What did I say about this exclamation points

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Honestly not to sound like a debbie downer but this is really not what I would have done for a post-CM Punk return show. They probably had a lot of new views tonight tuning in and I think they should have focused more of the show around Punk to keep them around, maybe even done a match with him and Garcia. I probably wouldn't have put OC in the opener since his gimmick can be polarizing and seeing him soft kick Matt for 30 seconds is a risky thing to have a bunch of new viewers to see right away. That Factory/Gun Club match was totally uninteresting to me and could have been almost anything else(Punk match) and it would have been better.

In positive news I personally really liked the opener and Jamie looks like a killer.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i didnt mind it but even when i like wrestling i pay attention to maybe, idk, four minutes of it

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

don't know. BTW FTR Cash posted pics of his hook in arm injury on twitter and they're so loving gross lol.

TAke a look, y'all: https://twitter.com/CashWheelerFTR/status/1430713639401578496

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

malakai black should have stayed in the ring but he ran out of finishers, dude needs to take a page out of Penta's book and taunt at the start of a match so he stores like 3 specials

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
5.5/10 show

highlights:
Matt vs OC
Velvet vs Hayter
Fenix
Malakai's entrance
Baby Face All Stars VS The Wingmen
Miro's Promo

lowlights:
Velvet braining herself on the moonsault even if they covered well
BPJ either landing a killer strike or whiffing completely
everyone looking lost in the Blonds vs Luchas after Penta didn't get enough mustard on his roll through DDT
The Gum Gang winning by a roll up just when that match was kinda getting interesting
post Malakai black angle big zilcho on Lee Johnson running in
also Malakai's shiny black panties, go back to the trunks!!!

most of the promos were solid but I'm over Lamberts lukewarm Denis Leary shtick already

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Alaois posted:

Nobody can beat him! It's statistically impossible!

The numbers don't lie.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

It was an ok show.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

yea ok posted:

don't know. BTW FTR Cash posted pics of his hook in arm injury on twitter and they're so loving gross lol.

TAke a look, y'all:

gash wheeler

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

DLC Inc posted:

malakai black should have stayed in the ring but he ran out of finishers, dude needs to take a page out of Penta's book and taunt at the start of a match so he stores like 3 specials

he did, in fairness, make effective use of spamming basic strikes so brock used all his reversals up

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Tweets don’t stay spoiled in quotes just a heads up :yikeseroo:

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

mooseinfants posted:

Honestly not to sound like a debbie downer but this is really not what I would have done for a post-CM Punk return show. They probably had a lot of new views tonight tuning in and I think they should have focused more of the show around Punk to keep them around, maybe even done a match with him and Garcia. I probably wouldn't have put OC in the opener since his gimmick can be polarizing and seeing him soft kick Matt for 30 seconds is a risky thing to have a bunch of new viewers to see right away. That Factory/Gun Club match was totally uninteresting to me and could have been almost anything else(Punk match) and it would have been better.

In positive news I personally really liked the opener and Jamie looks like a killer.

I disagree with just about everything here but I appreciate the passion

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

A talking coyote posted:

Tweets don’t stay spoiled in quotes just a heads up :yikeseroo:

its not spoiled? yea ok didn't even hyperlink the tweet???

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

mooseinfants posted:

You absolutely don't waste Punk's first match in AEW on Dynamite or Rampage

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Cassidy/Hardy was match of the night. By default. It was just good on a show where nothing else was. Blondes/Bros was botchy. Just some awkward moments and it sucked the life out of the crowd for the rest of the night. Velvet/Hayter was ok, but Red botched the spot that led to the finish and that just didn't help. And I think Red's pretty good, but eesh. Wingmen were all over the place and it would've been fine if the last few shows didn't already have Darby/Mox/Eddie/Sting house show vibes. No desire to see MJF/Jericho again. Why the hell did Gunn Club pin QT going into the PPV? Why the hell is Dan Lambert doing an anti-SJW gimmick with boredom incarnate Scorpio Sky?

This show had a good opener and Punk's promo rocked. Otherwise real mediocre episode. Oh and Hayter's lariat finish owns because all lariats own. Even lovely JBL has a great lariat finish.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Alaois posted:

assuming when guy quoted it did auto url tags or somethin and other guy saw it before an edit. dunno. i'm very cautious for my friends here

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
It was a messy, botchy, verging on bad show. Probably the worst they’ve done all year. It is also not the end of the world that they put on a bad show. Most of the time they do not. I am still very excited for the AEW ppv “All Out,” and I encourage everyone to take a big breath and also look forward to it!

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Alaois posted:

They edited it, I got a big ol eyeful of arm meat

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

yea ok posted:

assuming when guy quoted it did auto url tags or somethin and other guy saw it before an edit. dunno. i'm very cautious for my friends here

thats probably it! i hosed up!!!

A talking coyote posted:

They edited it, I got a big ol eyeful of arm meat

i'm sorry about that, i didn't know!

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

MassRafTer posted:

Thank you. While I try to be up on all Badd Boy related content there were 3,500 posts in the last 4 days so it is hard to keep up!

Thank u 4 ur service coward Op

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Cash posted a twitter with pics of his wound (spoiler because drat that is nasty)

https://twitter.com/CashWheelerFTR/status/1430713639401578496

I really do hope Cash is exaggerating some of the nerve damage. It seems very premature to put him back in the ring if that was the case even if Dax will be in the majority of the match.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, Punk shouldn't do anything physical until MAYBE next Wednesday or Friday, and I'm not even sure about that.

And I get the idea of opening with OC vs Matt. New viewers probably know Matt, so they know where they are, and then OC gets to show off his shtick. I do think it was a bit too even, but I guess they want to keep Matt credible as a mid card heel.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the boozy brachyura is back at it again!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
That’s loving brutal. Hope he’s gonna be ok in the long run. I like FTR :(

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Waffleopolis posted:

Cash posted a twitter with pics of his wound (spoiler because drat that is nasty)

I really do hope Cash is exaggerating some of the nerve damage. It seems very premature to put him back in the ring if that was the case even if Dax will be in the majority of the match.

I have no idea how they don't double turn the teams, honestly. Like... how do you work the match other than PnP work over Dax but he doesn't want to tag out?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The only match I didn't really like was the Dream Team vs Wingmen match and mostly only because the structure was weird with Mox and Kingston eating up the heels when Darby was doing stuff. Just didn't work. But it's fine not everything does. Don't mind a sloppy match if it all makes sense.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Shard posted:

Don't say biblical poo poo like this. That's how you summon either Miro or Black

Miro or Black vs my boys.

Trust me right about now Matt can use being put out of his sleepless misery

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Selachian posted:

Well, I thought it was nice to see some people who don't usually get Dynamite time. Even if some of them were the Gunn Club. (Still kinda like Austin despite myself, though.)

Me too. I like seeing a little bit of everyone, even the Dark/Elevation crew.

Q7kid
Jul 24, 2009

Waffleopolis posted:

Seriously, just do Dax and Wardlow or Spears against PnP and kick the can on a rematch. No need to rush back.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
forums lore: if your message has the :nws: emoticon in it anywhere, then image and tweets won't embed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

The only match I didn't really like was the Dream Team vs Wingmen match and mostly only because the structure was weird with Mox and Kingston eating up the heels when Darby was doing stuff. Just didn't work. But it's fine not everything does. Don't mind a sloppy match if it all makes sense.

it was basically one big schmozz the whole time which understandably made life hell for the production guys