Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

who do you think would win: geralt of rivia or duncan mcleod of clan mccleod? my friend and i, were very angry at each other over this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVKPvspyyyQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

master chief would just blow them both up with a rocket launcher

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

zelda

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

doesn't duncan have the skills/memories of every highlander he's killed, inside of him. That's like going 1 vs 1000. how could anyone win against that?

Saw some real awful movies from the 80s and man those were some sexist, racist times.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

if highlanders also collected the stuff from highlanders they killed, what hope did a young highlander have in being the last one? It would be impossible.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The benefits of a quickening are pretty poorly defined. Sometimes you get a mega man power up, other times they possess you, other times nothing happens. Roddy Piper was on an episode of Highlander once and he was a Highlander

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Well. An immortal anyway. Only McLeod is the Highlander

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Mike from breaking bad is also a Highlander and he’s been a gruff beat cop for centuries basically. It rocks

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Highlander is a poo poo movie that I wish was better.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I recall reading somewhere it actually won the academy award for best picture of all time. so its probably really good actually

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Captain Magic posted:

Highlander is a poo poo movie that I wish was better.

Your wish is my command , Highlander the tv series

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Oh gently caress yeah I love the tv show. Probably one of the only things I have dumb nostalgia for.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

drat, RIP Charlie Watts. Went through a huge Stones phase in college that never really left, guy was a rock back there.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
I always thought that it was that Highlander is a good movie and literally everything they tried to do to follow up on it and make it a franchise got progressively worse, but I haven't confirmed that myself

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

El Generico posted:

I always thought that it was that Highlander is a good movie and literally everything they tried to do to follow up on it and make it a franchise got progressively worse, but I haven't confirmed that myself

In Highlander 2 there's a "flashback" to Highlander 1 where Ramirez says to Conor,"Hey remember how we're aliens from an alien planet where we were freedom fighter revolutionaries?" and Conor goes,"Oh yeah! I forgot but yeah, yeah I remember that now but let's not talk about it again for the rest of Highlander 1!"

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I'm trying to put together a "Best matches of the Attitude Era" playlist, but aside from Mankind vs Undertaker HiaC all of the matches that I want to include are at the end of that period (2000-2001). Also it's limited to WWF stuff, though I'm less concerned about that. What matches from 1998-1999 would you guys recommend including in a watch list, (especially if one of the viewers is relatively new to watching wrestling)?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Ah gently caress it’s 1997 but Michaels/Undertaker hell in a cell is one of the best matches either of those two have ever put on

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

NienNunb posted:

Ah gently caress it’s 1997 but Michaels/Undertaker hell in a cell is one of the best matches either of those two have ever put on

Eh, 1997 works too.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

SirPhoebos posted:

I'm trying to put together a "Best matches of the Attitude Era" playlist, but aside from Mankind vs Undertaker HiaC all of the matches that I want to include are at the end of that period (2000-2001). Also it's limited to WWF stuff, though I'm less concerned about that. What matches from 1998-1999 would you guys recommend including in a watch list, (especially if one of the viewers is relatively new to watching wrestling)?

I'm gonna hit you up with some WCW goodness instead.

Ultimo Dragon vs. Dean Malenko, Starrcade 1996
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x23pugz

Goldberg vs. Raven (Nitro, April 20, 1998)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhNjHPzF5pw

Rey Mysterio vs. Psicosis, Bash at the Beach 1996
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5zehbt

Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero, Halloween Havoc 1997
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqRYKCH8dUc

DDP vs Raven vs Chris Benoit Uncensored 1998
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcpbwu

DDP vs Goldberg Halloween Havoc 1998
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xf77t8

Randy Savage vs Diamond Dallas Page WCW Spring Stampede 1997
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7dv4yn

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Flagrant breaking of rule #1

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Psychonauts 2 came out and it's loving great, goddamn. It's so good!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

SirPhoebos posted:

The entirety of In Your House: Canadian Stampede

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

I Before E posted:

The entirety of In Your House: Canadian Stampede

that was 1997. i was gonna suggest hbk vs mankind from mind games but that was 96!

easy one is hbk vs austin at mania.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you better quit talking about that stuff and talk about psychonauts

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Is that the one with the paint kids

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Psychonauts is a cinematic adventure game published by Konami, written and directed by Hideo Kojima. It was initially released for the PC-9821 computer platform in 1994, followed by versions for the 3DO in 1995, and PlayStation and Sega Saturn in 1996. The game has never been officially released outside Japan, despite plans for an English localization of the Saturn version. Fan translations have been released for the PlayStation and Sega Saturn versions on August 24, 2009 and October 6, 2016 respectively.

Psychonauts is a graphic adventure game, similar to Kojima's previous game Snatcher, played mostly from a point and click interface, though during some key points at the game, the player has to go through shooting sequences against adversaries in order to advance, and at one point the player has to defuse a bomb.

Psychonauts, like Snatcher before it, pays various homages to previously-existing films, the most obvious being Jonathan's and Ed's respective resemblances to Riggs and Murtaugh from Lethal Weapon.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

SirPhoebos posted:

The Hardy Boyz v Edge and Christian, ladder match finals of the Terri Runnels invitational

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

El Generico posted:

My friend has a saying - "There are no sequels to a Gregory Widen movie." Highlander, Backdraft, The Prophecy...

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

psychonauts 2 told me that my nvidia drivers would cause a known issue with the game and that i should update them. i did so and now one of my other games crashes. i am pleased

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Cavauro posted:

psychonauts 2 told me that my nvidia drivers would cause a known issue with the game and that i should update them. i did so and now one of my other games crashes. i am pleased

thats what you get for being a smart mouth.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

im a big mouth bass

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Oh, my bad! I'll take the question elsewhere.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

SirPhoebos posted:

Oh, my bad! I'll take the question elsewhere.

too late

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9TmoMYqSjQ

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

wow rick and morty sucks balls

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

cool people love to say it

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

it's too hot right now. i dont like it.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I watched Solar Opposites and it's a lot better. More of a Simpson's than a family guy.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I made you guys a video but I don’t want you to have it anymore. None of you are my friends

That DICK! fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Aug 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

That DICK! posted:

wow rick and morty sucks balls

rememebr when he was a pickle lmfao so random