Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

size

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

for starting out as kind of a cringe character, clara does still have one of the best designs, definitely helped by her being the character who constantly turns into a little gremlin for comedic effect

also sometimes she brings a musical into the ep

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

dogsicle posted:

for starting out as kind of a cringe character, clara does still have one of the best designs, definitely helped by her being the character who constantly turns into a little gremlin for comedic effect

dope shoes imo

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami

Plutonis posted:

Slowbeef sucks rear end and tried to beef with DSP who is not only a better LPer but also a better human being

:thunk:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

badass

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Willo567 posted:

DSP? Are you talking about DarkSyde Phil? Because he seems like a real poo poo head

Jokes aside, he managed to be a big enough jackass to get banned from blip for racism.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Mokinokaro posted:

The best part of RP was when it moved into being commentary over LPs of terrible games rather than mocking the actual LPers.

The Darkseeds and Mystery of the Druids are amazing

the Darkseed series were real good and i think i will spend my night getting hammered and rewatching them

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
darkseed 2 is hard to watch because the longplayer didnt turn on text so you cant really understand what anybody in the game is saying under the commentators voices

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

mycophobia posted:

darkseed 2 is hard to watch because the longplayer didnt turn on text so you cant really understand what anybody in the game is saying under the commentators voices

he also does that maze section over and over bc he doesnt see the quick travel button and it pissed me the heck off!!!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm a sicko and use the prime trilogy lps as sleep noise sometimes

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

verbal enema posted:

dope shoes imo

the right one's name is connor, the left one's name is murph.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

just lol if you don't have all the darkseed 2 lines memorized

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

dogsicle posted:

i'm a sicko and use the prime trilogy lps as sleep noise sometimes

im kind of tired of watching decino play doom before i fall asleep so i might put on the sonic 06 lp tonight

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Aurora posted:

just lol if you don't have all the darkseed 2 lines memorized

i can still hear "oh hi there mike, i'm just watering my lawn" perfectly after all these years

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hey, ya missed, pal!

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami

Ibram Gaunt posted:

he also does that maze section over and over bc he doesnt see the quick travel button and it pissed me the heck off!!!

I remember when he would go to Mike's bathroom and stay there for like 2 min multiple times lmao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

you don't?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yuu Morisawa posted:

I remember when he would go to Mike's bathroom and stay there for like 2 min multiple times lmao

My theory is that he was alt tabbing to open a walkthrough or something and just left the game running.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

dogsicle posted:

yeah and while she starts out p cringe she has some fun development over the course of the story. I'm up-to-date on the manga but need to get caught up on the anime. About how far into the story has the anime gotten?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mycophobia posted:

now that you've said this i can't stop noticing it and i hate it

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

dogsicle posted:

Clara having the ability to just literally pull anything imaginable out of her pockets is a ridiculous power, but is basically only used for shenanigans and to spawn infinite snacks and toys

I also love the running gag of her being the worst-drawn character in the manga at all times

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

copy posted:

yeah and while she starts out p cringe she has some fun development over the course of the story. I'm up-to-date on the manga but need to get caught up on the anime. About how far into the story has the anime gotten?

They just visited Clara's house.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Hunt11 posted:

They just visited Clara's house.

thanks kindly, friend

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I also joined because of Let's Play. I think the first thing was ProtonJon playing Kaizo or something and then I found out about Chip Cheezum's Uncharted LPs and slowbeef doing Metroid Prime Let's Plays and getting bodied by a ramp he couldn't discipher as a path to walk on.

I was still in high school and found out about the Baldurdadh off-site for LPs so that owned because that always got through the website filters in the one computer class, even as they cracked down on YouTube and all the flash game sites because no one else knew about that one.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I lurked without an account for a long time but finally registered because I wanted to post about something but don't even remember what it was now :shobon:

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
I joined because of LPs that I can't find anymore (I remember watching a Metal Wolf Chaos one around that time and enjoying it) and got sucked into reading Helldump, D&D and ADTRW a lot. I remember watching Haruhi being subbed as it aired and then Gurren Lagann during my first year here and during college. Helldump I have less fond memories of.

e: actually I just realized my timing is a bit off, ADTRW was open to the public at the time haruhi aired in 06 I think and that's where I got info on subs, I owned the first dvd of the series in my last year of high school I think.

Weird BIAS fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Aug 26, 2021

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD

Weird BIAS posted:

I joined because of LPs that I can't find anymore (I remember watching a Metal Wolf Chaos one around that time and enjoying it)

this is from shortly after you joined but was it this one? (videos on internet archive, somehow)

I vaguely remember the early days of let's play, a lot of my freshman/sophomore year weekends watching the freelance astronaut streams (on ustream, which is slightly different now)

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i like harvester more than darkseed but thats mostly because harvester has a bunch of weird bits that got stuck in my head permanently so it ended up more memorable in the long term

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mix. posted:

i like harvester more than darkseed but thats mostly because harvester has a bunch of weird bits that got stuck in my head permanently so it ended up more memorable in the long term

Harvester and Darkseed at least had their hearts in the right place with regards to making something that was weird, even if they didn't exactly work out. DS2, man, I dunno!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Shifting to ridiculing the game instead of the LPer was a strong pivot and they had some weird loving games to work with. I'd never heard of any of them aside from Sonic 06 and Clock Tower 2 at least.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
SA LPs were the prototype for 'watching people play videogames = content'. And the LP posters represented themselves with usernames and avatars. What I'm saying is that SA is responsible for vtubers.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
:letsplay:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

While I didn't join because of the LPs, I soon found myself jumping right into SuperBestFriends' LPs of Wolf Among Us and Until Dawn around the same time.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

is there any possible way to watch stardust crusaders without the anti-violence censorship

i can watch dead bodies being photographed/examined in great detail on netflix but not watch a jojos guy with a bloody mouth unaltered

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

is there any possible way to watch stardust crusaders without the anti-violence censorship

i can watch dead bodies being photographed/examined in great detail on netflix but not watch a jojos guy with a bloody mouth unaltered

Hulu

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
I'm pretty sure the blu-ray edition had a bunch of stuff redrawn and uncensored

There's a website that has side by side comparisons that seem pretty uncensored, anyway

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

harvester legit traumatized me as a child. i became unreasonably pants-shittingly terrified of ever upsetting a staff member in school because of the baseball bat scene. probably something i should not have been permitted to play

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's cute and decently funny and avoids all the cringe shounen ecchi tropes that usually come with the territory. The main and subcast are mostly all good too. Only one I don't like is Camui who basically is the ballhead kid from mha but he also doesn't show up nearly as much which makes it more tolerable.

plus camui actually stops being that for the most part

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

I joined SA because of The Dark Id's Chrono Cross LP

it made me fall down the LP rabbit hole nearly as hard as I fell down the vtuber rabbit hole

that's my SA story I hope you enjoyed it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

rip to the Freelance Astronauts who are all probably dead by now