Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

:hai: anyone that had the option of clear and didnt take it is a fool. my n64 is atomic purple

Why isn't every console clear...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
purple gbc is cool

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Those stealth games are paying off, major

haha yeah, seems like it! Luckily I only prompted mycophobia to enter 'suspicious' stance, and didn't trigger any Zone-wide alarms :D

:hai: anyone that had the option of clear and didnt take it is a fool. my n64 is atomic purple

Arrhythmia posted:

Nice, TTJO! And yeah, clear's the best. (Sadly my GBA is the standard purple as it was a gift. Still a great colour and platform though - being able to play GBC and GBP games on it was a real boon, too)

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
12+ Final Fantasy 7 for the Playstation 4 (All Pro Gym Challenges, All Hard Chapters)

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i assume you mean the remake bcuz of "all hard chapters." the title is actually "Final Fantasy VII Remake." i'll allow a 7 in place of the roman numeral but if you leave off the remake it will gently caress up my imp games beat database.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

1. Resident Evil 3 Remake
2. Super Mario 3D World/Bowser's Fury
3. Deus Ex
4. Persona 5 Strikers
5. Nier Replicant
6. Resident Evil: Village
7. Mass Effect 1: Legendary Edition - Paragon, romanced Liara, Sentinel
8. Mass Effect 2: Legendary Edition - Paragon, didn't cheat on Liara, Infiltrator, all DLC done
9. Mass Effect 3: Legendary Edition - Paragon, synthesis, stayed with Liara, all DLC done
10. Episode of Yuffie
11. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
12. Halo 3 Co-Op (replay)
13. Halo 4 Co-Op
14. Yakuza 4
15.The Great Ace Attorney Adventures
16. Quake

Not as good as Doom 1 + 2, but level design is still top notch. The weapon selection is a little lame considering half the weapons are just better versions of older weapons. Episode 2 felt like it gave me the most trouble, and I really enjoyed episode 4. Final boss kinda just blows though.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

b_d posted:

i assume you mean the remake bcuz of "all hard chapters." the title is actually "Final Fantasy VII Remake." i'll allow a 7 in place of the roman numeral but if you leave off the remake it will gently caress up my imp games beat database.

Finally someone is calculating the real pioneers

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Major Isoor posted:

Nice, TTJO! And yeah, clear's the best. (Sadly my GBA is the standard purple as it was a gift. Still a great colour and platform though - being able to play GBC and GBP games on it was a real boon, too)

not to sound like a certain uncle, but i swapped out the shell and it was really easy. tons of cool stuff available online for cheap. i also switched out the screen, which was more hassle, but the payoff is incredible and turns it into one of the best handheld gaming systems known to mankind.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
The GBA of Theseus

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Bolverkur posted:

not to sound like a certain uncle, but i swapped out the shell and it was really easy. tons of cool stuff available online for cheap. i also switched out the screen, which was more hassle, but the payoff is incredible and turns it into one of the best handheld gaming systems known to mankind.

Oh wow! I hadn't heard that you could swap out the screen for a better one! Do you have any photos, by any chance? That sounds great

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Major Isoor posted:

Oh wow! I hadn't heard that you could swap out the screen for a better one! Do you have any photos, by any chance? That sounds great

I have the screen swap too (although my GBA is out for repairs), it's the FunnyPlaying IPS screen and it looks amazing. Basically it's exactly twice the resolution of the GBA screen both vertically and horizontally so everything is scaled up exactly and it's super bright and vibrant. It's not super expensive either

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Major Isoor posted:

I got an IPS screen like Pablo, make sure to get the latest one (V2 I think). I got mine off ebay along with the shell. When you order a new shell and you're putting in a screen as well, I recommend buying a pre-cut one. Otherwise you have to do some cutting of your own to fit it. You can just install the screen as-is, but if you do some very simple soldering you can use Select + L/R to adjust the brightness. I always preferred the regular GBA to the GBA SP, and with a new screen it's unbeatable. There's tons of cool shells out there, some really nice clear ones I want to get later on.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Bolverkur posted:

I got an IPS screen like Pablo, make sure to get the latest one (V2 I think). I got mine off ebay along with the shell. When you order a new shell and you're putting in a screen as well, I recommend buying a pre-cut one. Otherwise you have to do some cutting of your own to fit it. You can just install the screen as-is, but if you do some very simple soldering you can use Select + L/R to adjust the brightness. I always preferred the regular GBA to the GBA SP, and with a new screen it's unbeatable. There's tons of cool shells out there, some really nice clear ones I want to get later on.

dude, theres a guy in this forum who can tell you all about these kinds of hardware hacks, firmware downloads, where to kidnap little thai boys, etc

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

ArfJason posted:

dude, theres a guy in this forum who can tell you all about these kinds of hardware hacks, firmware downloads, where to kidnap little thai boys, etc

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Quake Rerelease: all content in Nightmare difficulty

Domain of the machine holds up fairly well in nightmare, it doesnt spam as many monsters, but theres still a couple cramped areas, and they still drop multiple shamblers here and there. Overall tho, its a billion times better than any of the previous expansion packs and base quake. now, onwards to better, fan created, content.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Arrhythmia posted:

they have to protect trade secrets

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ArfJason posted:

that's not fair he just tells you that your child has been spirited away no matter what bedroom they were in

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

they have to protect trade secrets
Last gen onwards: wait, it's just a computer?!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Simply Simon posted:

Last gen onwards: wait, it's just a computer?!

how do you know that, the consoles aren't clear. idiot

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

https://youtu.be/8yGfQak-q9M

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
GBA SP > GBA imo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

The Klowner posted:

GBA SP > GBA imo

and that's obvious

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The Klowner posted:

GBA SP > GBA imo

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

3. Game Tengoku Cruisinmix Special. good thing this game has infinite continues

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I have the screen swap too (although my GBA is out for repairs), it's the FunnyPlaying IPS screen and it looks amazing. Basically it's exactly twice the resolution of the GBA screen both vertically and horizontally so everything is scaled up exactly and it's super bright and vibrant. It's not super expensive either

i wasnt sure what brand to get for the GBC so i went with this one today, im trusting you pablo. im not always going to play my gameboy games on the severely motion blurred b/w screen like an insane retro hipster but it was a fun novelty to play a game like that after over 20 years of way better quality lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

original ds is my epic GBA option btw

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
lots of games in between last post and this but psychonauts 2. extreme pwnage, the game ive wanted for 16 years

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

this is good. i like it when people turn a ds with a broken hinge into a gba machine and let it live on.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

great ace attorney 1&2

this was cool, its basically one big double length ace attorney game which lets it have a lot more going on in the main plot, at the expense of the first game feeling kinda slight since all the payoffs are backloaded into game 2. don't think it ever quite hit the highs of AA3 but it's my second favorite for sure.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It has my favorite dpad and l/r by far

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations.

Looked back on when I finished the other games in the trilogy. Ace Attorney in 2016, Justice for All in 2018, and now Trials and Tribulations in 2021. After 3 games in 5 years, I've gone out and paid full price for Great Ace Attorney for some inexplicable reason.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Super Metroid, blind, 63% items, 6:03.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Ultra metroid, no sense of touch, blind, deaf, 64%, 6:02 playtime.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

giga metroid 2, no hands, eyes gouged out, 65%, 6:01

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Metroid Dread, hacked into Nintendo’s servers and downloaded a copy, 100%, 7:24

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Did you guys get the quick kill on Kraid though?