Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
why care about anything? why do anything that you don't want to do? everyone in power is fine with you and everyone you love dying a horrible painful death. nothing matters. lmao. lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Sphyre posted:

oh no anything but my precious direct flights from perth to london,

Vancouver to Melbourne was lovely enough before covid, I can't imagine that.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Amazing.

WrasslorMonkey posted:

efb a while ago ;(

Also amazing. Don't sell yourself short.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

so when I quit my job over the phone this morning because I've been at home for 17 months watching my two children and my employer will no longer extend my leave of absence, my manager offered to organize a going away luncheon for me with all of my coworkers and it's like he doesn't see what the gently caress I'm doing here.
lmao stupid motherfuckers

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
the double whammy of the elites just openly stating that every troop death in the past 30 years really was just a pointless grift for the greediest sociopaths to every exist combined with the aggressive demand that everyone gamble their lives on a horrible death so that your blood can grease the wheels of an increasingly unhinged capitalism monster that is actively murdering the planet is just amazing. nothing you ever thought was important is important. all of your plans are ruined. everything is broken forever. no one cares.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

WrasslorMonkey posted:

efb a while ago ;(
both of these own
gonna print and hang at my desk in the office, then i will peace the gently caress out of the office because gently caress being there

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

oh lol is the data not in yet motherfucker

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Bar Ran Dun posted:

sooooo

behavioral issues in kids went from 17% to 56% over the pandemic.

https://www.seattletimes.com/education-lab/scientists-are-racing-to-unravel-the-pandemics-toll-on-kids-brains/

that’s pretty goddamn bad.

This is the shittiest, cloying article. It ends with a literal shrug.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Business Gorillas posted:

ALERT! ALERT! ALERT!

THE JOBS! JOBS! JOBS! POST HAS FOUND A PERMANENT HOME IN A NEW THREAD SO I DONT HAVE TO POST IT CONSTANTLY. PLEASE VIEW IT FOR YOUR WFH NEEDS. THANK YOU!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3977556

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

another ivermectin success story

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Fix posted:

This is the shittiest, cloying article. It ends with a literal shrug.

Every piece of reporting about systemic or existential problems in our society is increasingly going to end with either "who cares" or the journalist metaphorically trailing off and then turning and starting directly into the camera for an uncomfortably long time. Solutions aren't allowed so all you can do is either adopt an attitude of indifferent cynicism or imply solutions that you can't suggest aloud.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

mod sassinator posted:

it'll be a murder - suicide from a father of a dead kid IMHO

if they shoot a bunch of the anti mask anti vax types is that a hero or a villain?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Radirot posted:

lol not a single back to school ad involves masks

Meanwhile, our local schools site:

(may not be reflective of actual student body)

The Oldest Man posted:

Every piece of reporting about systemic or existential problems in our society is increasingly going to end with either "who cares" or the journalist metaphorically trailing off and then turning and starting directly into the camera for an uncomfortably long time. Solutions aren't allowed so all you can do is either adopt an attitude of indifferent cynicism or imply solutions that you can't suggest aloud.

Sure, but it started as "how has covid affected our kids" with four paragraphs about a kid 12 years deep into MRI scans for emotional problems his mom signed him up for at age 3.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

This fuxking clown’s rear end in a top hat is drowning his state in covid, he shouldn’t be out attacking anyone let alone Biden.

The next thing his state will be be under water in the next decade hopefully too. Nothing good eve came from Florida and I’m glad it’s going into the sea.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

mod sassinator posted:

now we open schools :getin:
there's also PAX west labor day weekend in seattle. schools open sep 1st and PAX west is the 3rd through the 6th

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

https://twitter.com/nicunurselifee/status/1430409109577273347?s=20

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

running out OF oxygen, not WITH oxygen

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

running out OF oxygen, not WITH oxygen

not with oxygen is the whole problem here!!

*extremely 90s sitcom laugh track*

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

weird way to tease the daft punk comeback album ngl

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

man. I remember I was a teenage in 2001 during the bush/gore election and then 9/11 and the iraq invasion and just being insanely angry at all of the adults around me all of the time for being venal mean idiots that just didn't give a poo poo about how bad poo poo was.

The teens right now have got to be so insanely crack-pinged it's hard to even imagine.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Thanks. So yeah, it's fine that it only gets air leak when I exhale with the valve covered. During normal operation it is - insofar as I can tell - fine. And it passes the negative pressure check just fine.
Am I correct in assuming it's not really possible to pass one test and fail the other since I mean a seal is a seal no?

Thanks for the help. I'm obviously very scared and also really like the new speech diaphragm thingie. It's nice being Bane instead of being Pyro from TF2.
From last week but I wanted to pipe in that this is
Incorrect, failing either test is a sign of an incomplete seal, and due to seating it is possible to fail one and not the other. Failing the positive pressure test can still put you at risk either
A. Because the seal isn't actually complete, but the gaps are so small you don't notice them during that pre-use inspection, or
B. The seating is only upset during positive pressure, leading to a chance of a gap for brief windows when you blow out/suck in.

You can get some of the bitterant, smoke, or banana scent used for qualitative test from 50-150 bucks online. If you can't smell those waving them under your respirator when it's worn, you're probably in the clear. Hell, the shittiest fit test contractor I've ever used basically only did that as their annual recert.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

pancake rabbit posted:

weird way to tease the daft punk comeback album ngl

Daft died. Respect the dead.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Does anyone have any good sources on how/why we know China isn't lying besides the obvious 'China's methodology was using tried and true methods for dealing with infectious disease that humans have successfully employed for literally thousands of years.' I want to shut up some Lib relatives.

Cus we can talk to people in china and see that they are in fact actually out doing their thing and have been for nearly this entire time?

Is the theory that all our families are lying to us about everything because "communist china"? That it's just bodies everywhere?

Inlaws did all get a message a few weekends ago to go get tested (and they did). That was kind of impressive. Sounded like they mass tested a couple million people over a long weekend to get a couple delta cases tracked down and squashed.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

El Mero Mero posted:

man. I remember I was a teenage in 2001 during the bush/gore election and then 9/11 and the iraq invasion and just being insanely angry at all of the adults around me all of the time for being venal mean idiots that just didn't give a poo poo about how bad poo poo was.

The teens right now have got to be so insanely crack-pinged it's hard to even imagine.

anecdotally and from various primary teachers or school admin ppl i know, lol largely no. most want to suck n gently caress and its also a funny boomer remover that doesnt affect them. a lot of high school students and college students dgaf and want gramps to shut up about covid already

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I loves that libs were bitching that you can't attribute the sudden rise in covid on Martha's vineyard to Obamas birthday bash but you can definitely attribute the sudden rise in covid cases in Sturgis to that event.

Lmao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
lots of foreigners are in China, and they can post to the internet

it's not conceivable that they have, or currently are, suffering from a wave of death on scale that India had (or still is experiencing), and for that to just not be noticeable

never mind the idea that they'd be able to hide all of the bodies, just people posting about their loved ones dying would be impossible to repress

or alternatively, just approach it from the other direction:

mainstream media is acknowledging that China has repeatedly eliminated the virus within its borders

and they are writing Op-Eds discouraging China from continuing to do this, on that basis that it's too costly for "the economy"

but you'd only say that if you actually accepted the premise that China was getting to do what they claim they did, in the first place

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Of course kids are undergoing psychological damage, they’re getting direct proof that their lives don’t matter. But they already knew that from the school shooting drills. maybe now they know the problem won’t go away even if they live to graduation.

What if 911 was happening every week but the adults around pretended it wasn’t?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Mayor Dave posted:

He was literally an incel lol

yea, lifetime bitch really

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1430672557791924227

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

I wish Sydney would copy China and just mass test the whole of Greater Sydney over a couple of days and isolate any positives. That would do a lot to break the chains of transmission, far more than trying to vaccinate our way out of it which won’t work.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Coolness Averted posted:

From last week but I wanted to pipe in that this is
Incorrect, failing either test is a sign of an incomplete seal, and due to seating it is possible to fail one and not the other. Failing the positive pressure test can still put you at risk either
A. Because the seal isn't actually complete, but the gaps are so small you don't notice them during that pre-use inspection, or
B. The seating is only upset during positive pressure, leading to a chance of a gap for brief windows when you blow out/suck in.

You can get some of the bitterant, smoke, or banana scent used for qualitative test from 50-150 bucks online. If you can't smell those waving them under your respirator when it's worn, you're probably in the clear. Hell, the shittiest fit test contractor I've ever used basically only did that as their annual recert.

not all filters block scent tho

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Chamale posted:

I made these with some images from Sketchplanations. Maybe it'll convince someone to start being safer even though they've had the vaccine.

lol I remember when people itt mocked the “swiss cheese” model bc it seemed pedestrian. loving idiots.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

mainstream media is acknowledging that China has repeatedly eliminated the virus within its borders

and they are writing Op-Eds discouraging China from continuing to do this, on that basis that it's too costly for "the economy"

Yeah it owns

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

gradenko_2000 posted:

lots of foreigners are in China, and they can post to the internet

it's not conceivable that they have, or currently are, suffering from a wave of death on scale that India had (or still is experiencing), and for that to just not be noticeable

never mind the idea that they'd be able to hide all of the bodies, just people posting about their loved ones dying would be impossible to repress

or alternatively, just approach it from the other direction:

but you'd only say that if you actually accepted the premise that China was getting to do what they claim they did, in the first place

We're going to find a way to inflect them, aren't we. The US will not stop until everyone is as sick and traumatized as we are

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

There's nothing like a nice tall cold thick glass of horse paste before bed :yum:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Helith posted:

I wish Sydney would copy China and just mass test the whole of Greater Sydney over a couple of days and isolate any positives. That would do a lot to break the chains of transmission, far more than trying to vaccinate our way out of it which won’t work.
but i thought they were doing the strictest lockdown ever

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

TheSlutPit posted:

lol I remember when people itt mocked the “swiss cheese” model bc it seemed pedestrian. loving idiots.

Did they? I always thought it was a pretty simple way to look at redundant safety mechanisms and I think it’s still absolutely the best policy you can have if you’re trying not to get covid. Not going out and doing stuff around people takes a huge bite out of my odds, keeping my distance in public drops them from there, the respirator does any remaining heavy lifting, and the vaccine’s the last line of defense if everything else doesn’t work. Some of the layers of cheese were kind of misguided initially and some of them like masking needed improvement, but the premise makes all the sense in the world.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

crepeface posted:

but i thought they were doing the strictest lockdown ever

yeah, about that

https://twitter.com/abcnews/status/1430293552043421697

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Schmeichy posted:

We're going to find a way to inflect them, aren't we. The US will not stop until everyone is as sick and traumatized as we are

absolutely yes. Again, the CIA deliberately unleashed dengue fever on Cuba with the intent of harming their population with a debilitating tropical disease