Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
So I Married a Necromancer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Wifi Toilet posted:

I forget, do the eyeballs grant the power of flight or is that innate to Mother? Could Father fly if he put in the flying eyeballs? If not, then I'm picking Mother. With a flying snake on the loose you're at a disadvantage if you can't also fly.

I feel like this is stealing agency from the snake, who isn't "on the loose" but rather doing its own things for its own purposes

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.
Has there been a date announced for when season two will release? Google is less than helpful with a jillion clickbait articles recapping the plot.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

GABA ghoul posted:

Goddamn I love this stupid show, it's the one thing on tv I'm actually looking forward to

e: just thinking about it makes me wanna do drugs again

:hmmyes:

we need the second season already so we can have none of our questions answered

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

CODChimera posted:

:hmmyes:

we need the second season already so we can have none of our questions answered

Yes! Season 2: no answers, just more questions!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Being able to fly, disintegrate people with her screams, all whilst T-posing, means Mother owns just slightly more than Father.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

We don’t know that, she never let him use her eyes.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Invalid Validation posted:

We don’t know that, she never let him use her eyes.

Disintegration by dad jokes.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

General Battuta posted:

When the robots kept happily carrying on with their mission to repopulate humanity on a new world when they had a total of one (1) surviving human boy I should've known this show was next level. The discovery that they'd been feeding their kids radioactive potatoes was just the incredible goon zipline tier "can't figure out why these kids keep dying!!' payoff.

The space ship powered by radioactive potatoes would be the funniest part of the whole show were it not immediately eclipsed by the fact the potatoes being radioactive was unexpected, and they sent a regular rear end potato powered space ship.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Gonz posted:

Being able to fly, disintegrate people with her screams, all whilst T-posing, means Mother owns just slightly more than Father.
I mean, on the one hand disintegrating screams, on the other hand very powerful dad jokes. Who's to say which is superior.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
Mother, Father... the important thing is that anyone who says they preferred Campion goes in the hole.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Season 2 is going to be about Mother and Father trying to find Campion, although some of it will be focusing on what Campion is doing. Every time Campion isn't on screen the other characters should be asking "Where's Campion?"

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Alhazred posted:

Disintegration by dad jokes.

:eyepop:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

mrmcd posted:

The space ship powered by radioactive potatoes would be the funniest part of the whole show were it not immediately eclipsed by the fact the potatoes being radioactive was unexpected, and they sent a regular rear end potato powered space ship.

I think the ark was milk powered though. They had tons of fresh milk on board and it even survived the crash

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

GABA ghoul posted:

I think the ark was milk powered though. They had tons of fresh milk on board and it even survived the crash

Raised By Wolves: Milk and potatoes for our growing snek boi.

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.

Wifi Toilet posted:

Yes! Season 2: no answers, just more questions!

My googling answered none of my questions and neither did this thread! :lost:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
milk snake, boiled over raw.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

So I just found this show and binged it in two days and I just want to say despite the pretty awful last episode I enjoyed this show more than anything since season 3 of The Expanse. Just a fun, weird and interesting bit of sci-fi. I love the performances by the two android leads, especially the woman that plays mother I thought was spectacular. All the other performances were solid too, even the kids were good (despite goon's seemingly pathological hatred of child actors), especially Tempest and Paul. If I had to choose a weak link its Travis Fimmel who has very limited range as an actor and who's intense staring and weird vocal cadence just don't do it for me, love Sue though. Campion is annoying but he's written that way and I think it makes sense, given his characterization, that he reacts the way he does to events.

I'm fully onboard for more weirdness in season 2 though I read that season 2 probably won't be out until late 2022 so that's a bummer.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Fimmel, it seems, has decided to play every character he portrays as Ragnar Lothbrok.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

A Pale Horse posted:

So I just found this show and binged it in two days and I just want to say despite the pretty awful last episode I enjoyed this show more than anything since season 3 of The Expanse. Just a fun, weird and interesting bit of sci-fi. I love the performances by the two android leads, especially the woman that plays mother I thought was spectacular. All the other performances were solid too, even the kids were good (despite goon's seemingly pathological hatred of child actors), especially Tempest and Paul. If I had to choose a weak link its Travis Fimmel who has very limited range as an actor and who's intense staring and weird vocal cadence just don't do it for me, love Sue though. Campion is annoying but he's written that way and I think it makes sense, given his characterization, that he reacts the way he does to events.

I'm fully onboard for more weirdness in season 2 though I read that season 2 probably won't be out until late 2022 so that's a bummer.

milk

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

milk milk lemonade

'round the corner giant flying snakes are made

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This thread is just active enough to keep giving me false hope that the new season just dropped, but it's always just some basic bitch whining about how much they hate milk and robots and snakes followed up by a bunch of random poo poo posting.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

veni veni veni posted:

This thread is just active enough to keep giving me false hope that the new season just dropped, but it's always just some basic bitch whining about how much they hate milk and robots and snakes followed up by a bunch of random poo poo posting.

shut the gently caress up

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

the milk will continue

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
the milk must flow, my droogs

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

yeah it's annoying as hell but we will never stop

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Alhazred posted:

Fimmel, it seems, has decided to play every character he portrays as Ragnar Lothbrok.

Find something in life that you are good at and then stick with it

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

mlk snek

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

This is a good shitpost tho

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

I watched all of this show and liked it and my big complaint is that the second half ran out of steam a bit. Overall it was still good at delivering at least one insane thing happening per episode but not as much as the earlier episodes. Season 2 really needs to step up that level of nuttiness.

Also the actor for child Campion is head and shoulders above the rest. He perfectly acts "homeschooled for most of his life and having culture shock from trying to make real friends". Paul's kid actor really gets overshadowed by comparison, Campion is showing real emotion and doubt and pangs of anger in his face and Paul is just staring blankly ahead.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

bewilderment posted:

Also the actor for child Campion is head and shoulders above the rest. He perfectly acts "homeschooled for most of his life and having culture shock from trying to make real friends". Paul's kid actor really gets overshadowed by comparison, Campion is showing real emotion and doubt and pangs of anger in his face and Paul is just staring blankly ahead.

Paul's the less showy part, but, yeah, Campion is clearly the better performer from the two kids.

Of the other children, Tempest is the best though.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Open Source Idiom posted:

Paul's the less showy part, but, yeah, Campion is clearly the better performer from the two kids.

Of the other children, Tempest is the best though.
The actress is almost 30 years old.

Sally Sprodgkin
May 23, 2007

bewilderment posted:

I watched all of this show and liked it and my big complaint is that the second half ran out of steam a bit. Overall it was still good at delivering at least one insane thing happening per episode but not as much as the earlier episodes. Season 2 really needs to step up that level of nuttiness.

what the gently caress are you talking about

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Sally Sprodgkin posted:

Maybe they mean ran out of milk and potatoes

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Sally Sprodgkin posted:

*looking at the dark souls rapist hulking out on reverse android milk”

“Very normal not insane stuff here”

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Sally Sprodgkin posted:

I'd agree with bewilderment that it ran out of steam, but more in the middle episodes when it was bogged down in the kids' storylines. I think it ramped back up in the insanity towards the end of the season and finished strong.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

JazzFlight posted:

I'd agree with bewilderment that it ran out of steam, but more in the middle episodes when it was bogged down in the kids' storylines. I think it ramped back up in the insanity towards the end of the season and finished strong.

This is fair.

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhUTqO4Ci68
Space pomegranates confirmed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

there's a bunch of weird poo poo in there so that's good but the lack of giant snakes is concerning