Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Epic High Five posted:

actually whatever justification you give no matter how absurd is automatically valid so long as you mention religion, per the SCOTUS
when the religion of the land is "magical angry sky man turns you into a statue of salt for looking at a massive explosion instead of being cool, also kills children all the time but abortion is evil for <unintelligible mumbling>" they kinda have to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

5 million pinocchios

...man even this article doesn't talk about nsw outside the 8 areas of interest.

yeah i'm sure it was fine that people from bondi didn't mask and could spend all day snowballing viral loads in public

edit:

lol officeworks and bunnings still open?

lmao you can still inspect properties for investment

quote:

inspect a potential new property (whether as an intended place of residence or investment) within Greater Sydney.

crepeface fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Aug 26, 2021

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

ok fine, don't get the vax but at least mask up ffs

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Glumwheels posted:

This fuxking clown’s rear end in a top hat is drowning his state in covid, he shouldn’t be out attacking anyone let alone Biden.

The next thing his state will be be under water in the next decade hopefully too. Nothing good eve came from Florida and I’m glad it’s going into the sea.

this is 100% the fault of "open biden". of course red states were always going to be worse but lol at thinking the federal government's commitment to classicide had nothing to do with the pile of corpses at every morgue right now. there's a fairly narrow space for governors to demonstrate their alignment with/opposition to the president so if biden had said 'full lockdown, we lick this thing' the chuds would be being fed "yeah but maybe brunch every other weekend is ok" instead of "masks are banned"

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Google Butt posted:

not all filters block scent tho

that seems concerning but i guess an aromatic molecule is smaller than a virus

i realized i wasn't keeping myself safe when i smelled tobacco smoke.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

all I want is to breathe

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Don't worry everyone the patient didn't have a cerebral thromboembolism. I hope he enjoys the $15,000 bill for the mri alone. Another life saved!

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Like I think I'd have difficulty not screaming at an antivaxxer to go gently caress themselves all the way at this point. The millions of preventable casualties is infuriating for me as a health care worker. To be such motherfuckers that want to own the libs or whatever loving bullshit jesus christ people are DYING kids are DYING because you loving knobs want to play games and pretend a loving mask is some political statement.

FUUUUUCK

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Google Butt posted:

not all filters block scent tho

I work in chemical safety not bio hazard stuff, so there might be entirely different filter cartridges used for medical. But the specific compounds approved like the irritant smoke are blocked by particulate cartridges, caustic cartridges, acid , and solvent ones in my experience. None of the above would fully block all smells, but would block the irritant smoke.
There's a reason they use those specific chemicals instead of just saying "make the person walk by something really smelly"
Though my current company has also gone entirely from qualitative to quantitative testing in the past years, since there's always the off chance you find someone who just doesn't have a strong reaction to the sweet or bitterant tests or had a really lovely sense of smell.

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Aug 26, 2021

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
The medical particle filtration in n95s does not block organic odors fully. Many such cases of cdiff diarrhea flows.

Sweet_Joke_Nectar
Jun 7, 2007

i'm a little shai :3
What was the name of those specific kinds of scarves posted earlier for wrapping around respirators? If I recall they were a somewhat thinner fabric and longer length.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

El Mero Mero posted:

man. I remember I was a teenage in 2001 during the bush/gore election and then 9/11 and the iraq invasion and just being insanely angry at all of the adults around me all of the time for being venal mean idiots that just didn't give a poo poo about how bad poo poo was.

The teens right now have got to be so insanely crack-pinged it's hard to even imagine.
lol yeah, glad my kids are toddler/grade school aged and not exposed to the hard crack ping just yet

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Asproigerosis posted:

The medical particle filtration in n95s does not block organic odors fully. Many such cases of cdiff diarrhea flows.

my respirator not only saves me from covid, it also saves me from that jackass at work who insists on microwaving like a dozen cans of tuna every break because "it's easier to eat when it's warm, you get used to the smell" so score 1 for the bane mask crowd

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Harik posted:

that seems concerning but i guess an aromatic molecule is smaller than a virus

i realized i wasn't keeping myself safe when i smelled tobacco smoke.

not even p100 filters fully block cigarette smoke. p100+ multi-gas do, but there's a lot of smells that slip by even 99.97% rated filters. there's some orders of magnitude between even virus particles and molecules

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Petey posted:

A student I know well shared this on their FB, it chills me to the bone to think about the effects on our community/education/mission/morale, especially if/when there is campus transmission, despite all the countermeasures that should reduce, but will not eliminate, cases it the institution. I don't know that I have heard any institution/employer discuss the downstream effects of long covid / PASC (besides Dan Griffin, who has been pounding the table for months on TWIV that we will need HR and educational policies that recognize and provide for a tremendous increase in disability, essentially, and the question is just how big that increase will be).

they've blogged this publicly now, so sharing: https://shaynathemaker.wordpress.com/2021/08/25/i-got-covid-19-as-a-healthy-vaccinated-college-student-and-im-still-dealing-with-it/

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

MANILA, Philippines — The Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF), which manages the country’s COVID-19 pandemic, will again ask President Rodrigo Duterte to allow limited face-to-face classes in areas with low COVID-19 cases, Malacañang said Thursday.

The IATF had already approved “in principle” the preparation of a presentation to tackle the advantages of conducting in-person classes, presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said.

“All I can say is that members of the IATF are now preparing a presentation to show the President that the advantages of pilot face-to-face classes now outweighs the disadvantages,” Roque said in a press briefing.

“The presentation should be made soon before the opening of classes in September and should help the President make the decision,” he added.

The United Nations Children’s Fund (Unicef) has said the Philippines is among the five countries that have not resumed in-person classes since the COVID-19 pandemic began. Other countries that have yet to reopen schools are Bangladesh, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, and Venezuela.

Among the consequences of keeping schools closed, according to the Unicef, are “learning loss, mental distress, missed vaccinations, and heightened risk of dropout, child labor, and child marriage.”

In January, the President approved the conduct of face-to-face classes pilot implementation in low-risk areas, but recalled the decision due to the detection of new COVID-19 variants.

The upcoming school year 2021-2022, which will begin on September 13, will still be conducted through blended learning mode.

the advantages of catching COVID in a classroom now outweighs the disadvantages of not dying from it

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

unicef should gently caress off and get there own holiday

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

They shot down the mandate for private schools. The government still has authority over public school, but that is in effect through the board of education.

All those headlines suck rear end and probably caused a lot of parents to not send masks with their public school kids.

With that said we are still talking about kids with mostly cloth masks so I'm sure they're all doing a poor job anyway.

Zurtilik fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Aug 26, 2021

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s a good time to be a horse worm

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

You make me *cough*
You make me *cough* please
You make me *cough* please I'm governor
*dum dum dum*
Stuck to a chair
Reading this positive lab test

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Paranoid Peanut posted:

ok fine, don't get the vax but at least mask up ffs

no

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

gradenko_2000 posted:

absolutely yes. Again, the CIA deliberately unleashed dengue fever on Cuba with the intent of harming their population with a debilitating tropical disease

If they don't succeed in infecting China with Delta, and they might not, then we can expect a hot war in the near future.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

crack pinging is reaching max levels

good

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

euphronius posted:

it’s a good time to be a horse worm

drat it feels good to be a horse worm
drat it feels good to be a horse worm
A real horse worm nematode plays his cards right
A real horse worm nematode never runs his loving stoma

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
You think climate change is bad, wait until all the kids get covid. The true zoomer doomer. The neurological and cardiovascular damage is more pronounced in people 25 and under. Boomers couldn't help themselves to one up loving everyone else before they gargled off this mortal coil.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

John_A_Tallon posted:

If they don't succeed in infecting China with Delta, and they might not, then we can expect a hot war in the near future.

especially because the collapse of america is going to be a very stark contrast to the stability of china and it's going to be easy to rile up all the angry lost dumbass brain fog morons

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Asproigerosis posted:

You think climate change is bad, wait until all the kids get covid. The true zoomer doomer. The neurological and cardiovascular damage is more pronounced in people 25 and under. Boomers couldn't help themselves to one up loving everyone else before they gargled off this mortal coil.

ahh, but kids don't get covid.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Not the dollar shave club guy nooooo

https://twitter.com/peterpham/status/1430663204108046337?s=21

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Guy that founded a weird company reselling other manufacturer's razors by mail that is entirely dependent on advertising a ton might not be the one to listen to for pandemic advice? Whoa.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/dsacathcaucus/status/1430547612206260225?s=19

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

america yearns for total and final death

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
So, hooray, I'm stuck letting a stranger into my home today because ConED wants to install new meters because it's not like there's a pandemic on, and I can't opt out.
I'll obviously not be letting the gently caress in unless they're wearing their mask properly, and will be wearing my respo the whole time they're here. I don't have any of those fancy in-door air purifiers/filters (what are some good recommendations for the future?) so what's my best bet for making things safe-'er' once they're gone and/or while they're here? I imagine opening all windows before they even come in is one thing? Should I turn on ceiling fans, standing fans, and air-conditioners, too, or will that just spread poo poo around rather than circulate in new air/spread it out? Once they leave I figure keep my front door open for a while?

I'm already freaking out about this so please no 'you're hosed lmao' jokes. Thanks.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
mask on both of you, open the window for an hour if you want. it'll be fine

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Wow, Pence looks like poo poo

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

rt4 posted:

mask on both of you, open the window for an hour if you want. it'll be fine

Thank you. Should I run the air conditioners/fans or would that be bad? It's pretty hot in my place (I hate the summer anyway, I like it cold AF) so normally I am running the AC/fans anyway.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
You'll be fine bud

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

On the subject of booster jabs: it's only 4 months since I got stuck with the second dose of Pfizer slut juice. I don't trust the CDC's bullshit "8/6 months" thing, but is there any reason that 4 months out is too early for a sneaky 3rd?

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Thank you. Should I run the air conditioners/fans or would that be bad? It's pretty hot in my place (I hate the summer anyway, I like it cold AF) so normally I am running the AC/fans anyway.

moving more air is always better than less bc then you dilute any particles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Thank you!