Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

quote:

Back in January 2021, we highlighted a YouTuber called Street Speed 717 who trashed his Ram 1500 TRX while attempting to jump over a creek in rural Pennsylvania. The damages to the shiny new truck weren't his only consequences. Shortly after the video went viral, he was charged with 18 criminal counts, including disturbance of waterways and watersheds, misuse of property and waters and littering and polluting waters, according to the York Daily Record.
Lol
https://www.ydr.com/story/news/2021/08/24/youtube-street-speed-717-star-charged-tearing-up-creek-gets-ard-hyssong/5570482001/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Where the youtube of him crashing his toy?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJQcaxHXIGA

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Oof, you can see the bed flexing, I wouldn't be surprised if it had frame damage.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

I'm just waiting for some dumbass state legislator to "take up the cause" for this fuckwit.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

I'm just waiting for some dumbass state legislator to "take up the cause" for this fuckwit.

wait wtf

quote:

His lawyer, Brian Perry — who, incidentally, represented Bill Cosby in his successful appeal of a rape conviction — said, “He’s looking forward to putting this behind him.”

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

He got a slap on the wrist, big deal

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

audio
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/437110082594013205/882528155565424650/le-trolling.mp4

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

That is just evil.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Poor guy must be deaf.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://i.imgur.com/7rgE5QG.mp4

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

never get caught slipping if you got one of these badboys:

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
that's loving cool i wonder how much it...... holy poo poo $20,000

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I borrowed the 15k one we have at work and compared it to the 200 dollar one I bought. The 200 dollar FLIR camera is incredibly impressive.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Source4Leko posted:

I borrowed the 15k one we have at work and compared it to the 200 dollar one I bought. The 200 dollar FLIR camera is incredibly impressive.

yeah but that thing is an sound visualizer not thermal.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

It's an extremely specialized tool that clearly took a lot of development work to invent, and they probably sell like 100 of them a year. The price seems about right to me.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

I would really like to know if that works on refrigerant leaks, but i can't even get the boss to pony up for more than one 200 dollar sniffer per 10 techs, so lol at getting this space magick funded.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

MRC48B posted:

I would really like to know if that works on refrigerant leaks, but i can't even get the boss to pony up for more than one 200 dollar sniffer per 10 techs, so lol at getting this space magick funded.

Fill line with propane/butane, give each tech a lighter.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
As a bonus, propane is an excellent refrigerant.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

That is cool as hell. I used ultrasonic leak detectors and those are cool, visualizing it is a whole other level. I could use one of those all day long. Compressed Air is incredibly expensive once you're talking about real compressors, not <10HP small time stuff we use in our homes or auto shops.

The tech will eventually come down in price (unless FLIR has the basic tech patented in a way that its impossible otherwise that is..)

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

Pomp and Circumcized posted:

As a bonus, propane is an excellent refrigerant.

Just make sure to call it R290, it doesn't sound as dangerous :)

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

chrisgt posted:

Just make sure to call it R290, it doesn't sound as dangerous :)

It's that R-718 you have to watch out for, that poo poo's nasty

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Reminds me of this oldie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LONT1oboJrs

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

LifeSunDeath posted:

yeah but that thing is an sound visualizer not thermal.

Oh wow ok I missed that super cool.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Hi, I'm new here and this is a big thread so I figure I can post here without loving too much poo poo up.

If you can point me a better place to post this, that would rock too, because I'm probably an idiot.

I have a 2010 Mazda 3. I get a little rattle behind my left drivers side air vent and I don't know what it is. I have a pretty bad case of misophonia so it drives me insane.

If I had to pick two things that it sounds like:
1. Little screw rattling
2. Something percolating

The other thing is it doesn't make the sound at all until you get to like a good speed, like a freeway or highway for a few minutes, sometimes more. Once it starts though, it will consistently do it regardless of where you are. I believe a completely smooth road will cease it, but it's hard to tell because my Mazda 3 doesn't exactly drive smooth.

I'm not a car guy which is why I'm here, but I do know long road trips are impossible until I can figure this out. I'm happy to take it in but I'm not sure how to replicate it without getting the guy in the car with me and taking a 10-15 minute drive down the highway, because he probably wouldn't even notice it without me in the car. I could probably pre-drive it until it starts doing it, but also wanted to see if anyone here just has an idea, or knows an easy way to pop that vent cover off for inspection. Or anything. I want to go visit my parents.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Jelly posted:

Hi, I'm new here and this is a big thread so I figure I can post here without loving too much poo poo up.

If you can point me a better place to post this, that would rock too, because I'm probably an idiot.

I have a 2010 Mazda 3. I get a little rattle behind my left drivers side air vent and I don't know what it is. I have a pretty bad case of misophonia so it drives me insane.

If I had to pick two things that it sounds like:
1. Little screw rattling
2. Something percolating

The other thing is it doesn't make the sound at all until you get to like a good speed, like a freeway or highway for a few minutes, sometimes more. Once it starts though, it will consistently do it regardless of where you are. I believe a completely smooth road will cease it, but it's hard to tell because my Mazda 3 doesn't exactly drive smooth.

I'm not a car guy which is why I'm here, but I do know long road trips are impossible until I can figure this out. I'm happy to take it in but I'm not sure how to replicate it without getting the guy in the car with me and taking a 10-15 minute drive down the highway, because he probably wouldn't even notice it without me in the car. I could probably pre-drive it until it starts doing it, but also wanted to see if anyone here just has an idea, or knows an easy way to pop that vent cover off for inspection. Or anything. I want to go visit my parents.

This sounds like a job for the AI Simple Questions thread.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Memento posted:

This sounds like a job for the AI Simple Questions thread.

Thank you, kind person

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I guess I should put this here too

Symptom: gnarly rattling/chattering noise during light engine braking, idle, and 0-5% throttle. Sounded like a really bad water pump, timing chain guide, bottom end, flexplate to converter bolts loose, torque converter failure, etc

Flexplate turns, crank does not
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiVdAHTJGEY

So I beat the gently caress out of it with my ratchet because I was tired and didn't feel like standing up for a hammer... And it's lifetime warrantied
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65vpJEp4p5g

Middle fell out pretty easily considering it's like 14ga or 12ga steel sheet

It had 296k-ish on it. I can't really fault it much but I really wish it had lasted 300, I would be fixing it post-move rather than pre-move then.

kastein fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Sep 3, 2021

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Better than it breaking during-move :v:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I mean it still ran and drove, if it broke mid move I probably would have found the next store with one in stock, bought it, and driven till it didn't anymore. I.e. end of the move. This has been making noise worse and worse every time I've driven it since over a month ago and probably was partially cracked even back then, so I'm sure it would have made the rest of the drive if it started during it.

wankel13b
Jan 23, 2005

quak

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

From the OSHA thread, but it's more a mechanical issue:

https://i.imgur.com/h0t6Knp.mp4

From the thumbnail, I was expecting the guy to drive off in an invisible car. I don't know what it is about the angle, it just doesn't look like he's sitting on the ground.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

wankel13b posted:

From the thumbnail, I was expecting the guy to drive off in an invisible car. I don't know what it is about the angle, it just doesn't look like he's sitting on the ground.
There's no edge contrast between the curb and the pavement, so your brain sees what he's sitting on as one continuous thing.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
I am all about "back half of a totaled vehicle" trailers but that's mostly because they keep the original suspension, axles, and tires.

That looks like the result of someone who has a welder, a case of beer, a bunch of old junk, and ideas.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Yeah I don't trust how that axle is connected to the frame AT ALL unless I can see it closer. My trailer has apparently been dubbed "the most redneck thing I've ever seen in Massachusetts" by bystanders and I wouldn't touch that with a 100 foot pole.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Maxed out the tongue weight in tare.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017
$50 for an engine might not be that bad

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Is this from the same guy who made the trailer a few posts earlier?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

Something tells me that door is not original to the van.