Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Kalko posted:

I haven't played Duels for a long time but I'm pretty sure Rally is still one of the more busted passives, and All Together Now has synergy with it. There was a site that collected lots of 12-win Duels decks in tweet format along with comments about how good the deck was, and a lot of the time they had lucked into the busted passives so it was like, well, yeah.

No reason it couldn't be a good and fun deck to play, I'm just saying you can do well with just about anything in Duels if you get good passives. And I think this discord is still the best place for Duels theorycrafting, if anyone is interested.

It very passive dependent, yeah. Like often you'll get offered three that have literally zero synergy with our deck or character. Then it's basically a bust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmitri
Sep 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

Desert Bus posted:

### Tonkosaurus
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild

I've been playing with this deck for a while and it's really nice when it works, so thanks. I'm wondering about the deathlord inclusion, doesn't that have anti-synergy with the rest of the deck with its "bad" deathrattle? Is it for combo disruption or something? I replaced it with lone champion which I feel works better most of the time.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

dmitri posted:

I've been playing with this deck for a while and it's really nice when it works, so thanks. I'm wondering about the deathlord inclusion, doesn't that have anti-synergy with the rest of the deck with its "bad" deathrattle? Is it for combo disruption or something? I replaced it with lone champion which I feel works better most of the time.

It can slow down a lot of faster decks and it can act as disruption against stuff like Reno. I can see pulling it but I've also played so much with it I think that would throw me off.

Edit: Petting Zoo is a good swap for Deathlord too

Desert Bus fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Aug 26, 2021

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
There's probably less of a risk of it now that a whole new expansion's come out since then but if you're looking at Duels lists online, ignore anything that's older than like...... July of this year, I think? Before a patch around that time it was really easy to force certain synergistic passive treasures to appear by heavily weighting your starting deck towards them, and basically every deck was built to take advantage of that, so like a bunch of 0-attack minions to force the "Your minions attack is equal to their health" treasure for example. Now I think there's still some synergy involved with passive treasures where it will make sure they're at least a little relevant to your deck before offering them, but there's more variance now and you're much more likely to end up with a dead deck if you use something that counts on getting a certain treasure.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

dmitri posted:

Consider that a 3 cost free spot lol. Deathlord can really gently caress up people who run a lot of Battlecry and slow down faster decks. It can also really gently caress you. Petting Zoo is faster and good tempo. Let me know what's working for you please!

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

BTW vS Data Reaper #205 is up
https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-205/

includes on insights on the Fel Demon Hunter control deck, and the new D8 Warlock build that will likely only be playable for the next 5 days.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Turn 3 win in Standard lol I love this deck:

https://hsreplay.net/replay/moC7F8L2YvszmTfSonkkDE

### AggroShadow
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Desk Imp
# 2x (0) Murloc Tinyfin
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Argent Squire
# 2x (1) Frazzled Freshman
# 2x (1) Guardian Augmerchant
# 2x (1) Imprisoned Homunculus
# 2x (1) Tour Guide
# 2x (1) Voidtouched Attendant
# 2x (2) Cult Neophyte
# 1x (2) Twilight Deceptor
# 2x (2) Wriggling Horror
# 1x (3) Mindrender Illucia
# 2x (3) Traveling Merchant
# 2x (3) Voracious Reader
# 1x (4) Disciplinarian Gandling
# 1x (5) Darkbishop Benedictus
#
AAECAaOrBATn0QP70QOj9wO79wMNsLoD3r4Dm80D184Du9EDxtEDz9EDi9UDyuMDivQDrfcDlaAE26AEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Decklists submitted, check-in complete, MT Silvermoon broadcast starting in 1 hr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1pQcejhH0M

Webcams are required this time around, and it has been such a mystery surrounding the exception process and the actual software/website they use should we need to actually use them. No tech testing, almost no communication, it's been kinda a mess

edit: oh my God we just got the official policy that if one hour goes by and we're still stuck unable to play because of the friendslist/challenge bug the match will be determined by a coinflip :stare:

AnacondaHL fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Aug 27, 2021

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

holy poo poo there are a lot of weird AF lineups in the field, this is gonna be a crazy tournament

For reference, here's what I brought:

http://decklist.hsdeckviewer.com/Ii3tOD

Basically ban Shaman, get Soul Rended/Immo Aura'd all weekend, and try to beat aggro and combo lineups. I just couldn't figure out a comfortable Target Shaman/Warlock lineup

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

AnacondaHL posted:

holy poo poo there are a lot of weird AF lineups in the field, this is gonna be a crazy tournament

Basically ban Shaman, get Soul Rended/Immo Aura'd all weekend, and try to beat aggro and combo lineups. I just couldn't figure out a comfortable Target Shaman/Warlock lineup

Good luck!!

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

AnacondaHL posted:

Your commitment to rush warrior fills my heart with joy. Good Luck!

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

AnacondaHL posted:

Hope it goes well, look forward to hearing!

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

AnacondaHL posted:

Good luck!

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

ty all!

Day 1 done, finished at an uneventful 2-2, will play out Day 2!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

AnacondaHL posted:

we're still stuck unable to play because of the friendslist/challenge bug the match will be determined by a coinflip :stare:

Okay, so I thought the bug of not being able to challenge was due being on the same wifi connection. 2 PCs on the same home wifi, can't challenge. If I instead use my phone on mobile data (i actually never use wifi on my mobile, but maybe I could check that) then I can challenge.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
No, the friends list is just broken and it’s annoying. IIRC the current solution is to invite from the bnet client and/or reopen and speed to challenge, since it’s usually available right on startup. It happens with spectating too.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Day 2 of MT Silvermoon is over for me, I finished at 5-3 for mincash! :signings:

I definitely have regrets, with how I practiced and analyzed the data, and how my lineups didn't bring the awesome tech cards. But overall I'm incredibly happy and blessed to actually put up decent numbers again, and doing it my way.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

AnacondaHL posted:

Day 2 of MT Silvermoon is over for me, I finished at 5-3 for mincash! :signings:

I definitely have regrets, with how I practiced and analyzed the data, and how my lineups didn't bring the awesome tech cards. But overall I'm incredibly happy and blessed to actually put up decent numbers again, and doing it my way.

Congrats!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

AnacondaHL posted:

Hell yeah!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Quotey posted:

No, the friends list is just broken and it’s annoying. IIRC the current solution is to invite from the bnet client and/or reopen and speed to challenge, since it’s usually available right on startup. It happens with spectating too.

Yeah, I stopped playing with friends for the last few weeks - turns out their are more bugs than I know of! I was getting a "deck is invalid" when challenging friends today on the same network - nothing wong with the decks. But could do the brawl against friends no problem.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

AnacondaHL posted:

nice - always good to get paid. on to the next one!

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
I dusted my Illucia after the first nerf, crafted Ilgynoth, dusted Ilgynoth after this nerf, and recrafted Illucia for Shadow Priest. That card must feel awful to lose against; hasn't happened to me yet, but I've done it to a lot of people on ladder. Here's hoping for another nerf.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

fanny packrat posted:

I dusted my Illucia after the first nerf, crafted Ilgynoth, dusted Ilgynoth after this nerf, and recrafted Illucia for Shadow Priest. That card must feel awful to lose against; hasn't happened to me yet, but I've done it to a lot of people on ladder. Here's hoping for another nerf.

There was a post a while back about how Illucia probably wasn’t important for Shaggro Priest but she’s probably the best card in the deck.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23714527/battlegrounds-revamp-coming-tomorrow

battlegrounds update tomorrow, new bg-only keyword, lots of new minions, two heroes

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

peer posted:

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23714527/battlegrounds-revamp-coming-tomorrow

battlegrounds update tomorrow, new bg-only keyword, lots of new minions, two heroes

also a ton of minions are going away, including Toxfin :getout:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
sweet jesus those new cards are strong. Reprinting mackerel as a 5 drop mech? A dragon that keeps all buffs permanently? A beast that gives your macaws reborn? Pirate that puts a golden minion into your hand every two turns? Game will totally change.

Huge deal here:

quote:

Damage cap of 15 damage has been added after the first player dies. Please note that the damage cap does not check for player deaths until the start of each Recruit Phase, meaning if someone concedes, disconnects, or dies during the Recruit Phase (Is Wrath Weaver ever really on your team?), the damage cap will still be present for that combat.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Aug 30, 2021

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

skaboomizzy posted:

also a ton of minions are going away, including Toxfin :getout:

Don't worry they got another way to get poison and it is avenge so you can get it every battle.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Beast looks so much more fun now. I welcome our leap frog triple deathrattle overlords.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

They removed iron sensei :(

One of my favorite minions to grab because none else does.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Oh dang dragons are going to be pinging like crazy. They still got the 1 drop that does start of the battle but now they also have one that does a 3 damage ping right before each dragon attacks.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

No Wave posted:

sweet jesus those new cards are strong. Reprinting mackerel as a 5 drop mech? A dragon that keeps all buffs permanently? A beast that gives your macaws reborn? Pirate that puts a golden minion into your hand every two turns? Game will totally change.

Huge deal here:

It's UNTIL the first player dies, not after.

EDIT: RIP Boat

RatHat fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Aug 30, 2021

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Pretty cool that I can't even pick what's the most fun new card or which tribe will be the most fun.

Shame they forgot to make Jaraxxus or Millificent interesting to match.

How is the permanent buff dragon a 3 star? lol

Avenge is cool because it makes beasts and demons relevant in lots of comps.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

gandlethorpe posted:

How is the permanent buff dragon a 3 star? lol

What in-battle buffs do dragons even have though? You can give it divine shield easily enough, but I can't think of anything else obvious.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

RatHat posted:

It's UNTIL the first player dies, not after.

EDIT: RIP Boat
They changed it, I swear that was a real copy paste. Until seems a much less dramatic effect than after.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

enki42 posted:

What in-battle buffs do dragons even have though? You can give it divine shield easily enough, but I can't think of anything else obvious.

I guess it's not so crazy with Harbinger and Ritualist out, but if you can get DS on it with Selfless Hero early with a Spawn it'll be nuts.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

enki42 posted:

I guess the deathrattle +1/1, +2/2 when a taunt, and the new dragon that gives +1/1 to neighbors, and the 6* pirate. I think that is it.

They remove the taunt guy that gives +1/1 to neighbors.

Edit: Oh poo poo avenge triggers multiple times.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Aug 30, 2021

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Really liking this deck.

### Custom Warlock
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Mortal Coil
# 1x (1) The Demon Seed
# 2x (1) Touch of the Nathrezim
# 2x (1) Tour Guide
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Cult Neophyte
# 2x (2) Drain Soul
# 1x (2) Unstable Shadow Blast
# 2x (3) Backfire
# 2x (3) Blood Shard Bristleback
# 1x (3) Tamsin Roame
# 2x (4) Soul Rend
# 1x (6) Anetheron
# 2x (6) Barrens Scavenger
# 1x (6) Battleground Battlemaster
# 2x (9) Flesh Giant
# 2x (10) Goldshire Gnoll
#
AAECAa35Awby7QOI7wPH+QOE+wOH+wOXoAQMm80D184DwdEDi9UDk+QD2O0D8O0D8e0DxvkDg/sDsZ8E56AEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
^This is the deck I'm currently using too. I'm a pretty bad player (I still sometimes throw games by overdrawing the quest reward even though I know better, or do self damage in a dumb order) but still managed to climb to rank 1 diamond with this deck regardless. The deck is good, is what I'm saying. Right now I'm one star away from legend but I'm too anxious I might lose because I'm pretty tired today, hopefully I'll have the will and energy to do it tomorrow for that sweet extra pack.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

well enjoy it while it lasts, it's likely getting nerfed tomorrow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

There should be a really nutty statted minion with effect "Avenge (7): Fold [i.e. lose]"