Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Yeah, they're almost down to... the highest Trump's approval rating ever reached! How embarrassing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

It's harder for me to imagine that Tina is a real person

Don't make me tap the sign

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

Yeah, they're almost down to... the highest Trump's approval rating ever reached! How embarrassing.

That's pretty embarrassing though

Lol remember when Stantis wrote a whole arc about how being in ICE prison was better than hanging out with the coyote's family because they recycle and believe in stopping climate change

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Aug 26, 2021

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

VitalSigns posted:

That's pretty embarrassing though
At least it was for a deserved reason

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
it's hard for me to believe ben garrison is a real person also, to be fair

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I loving hope he is, a malicious digital construct would be immune to painful biological death.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Dial911 posted:

Wait... I thought the yellow thing was a coyote?? :confused:
He is. Stantis is not very bright.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

All canines are the same, I don't know why coyotes get mad when I say happy national dog day to them

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

Raised By Birds posted:

Stuart Carlson

How do you have your finger so off the pulse of the discourse? No body likes Levar Burton as host except ultra liberals. Plus he’s like 70 years old so they’ll just be in this same situation in a few years.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

He’s in his 60s and I don’t see how his politics matter unless he became a chud in the past decade. It’s loving Jeopardy, so it’s a stupid thing to make a cartoon about. I guess a cartoon yelling who you want to host an ancient gameshow is extremely on point for a boomer.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

VitalSigns posted:

Lol remember when Stantis wrote a whole arc about how being in ICE prison was better than hanging out with the coyote's family because they recycle and believe in stopping climate change

Also, Winslow's sibling was transitioning and that made them irritable and mean for some reason.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

seiferguy posted:

Also, Winslow's sibling was transitioning and that made them irritable and mean for some reason.

Transitioning into a different species because god forbid we learn about something before we attack them.

That's just him being an rear end in a top hat though, I was commenting on how myopic he is. Like he's worried humanity will destroy itself along with most other life leaving insects to rule the earth, so we should take care of the environment right? No loving way you dirty hippy, go to hell I love swimming in toxic waste, go thank a job creator for polluted water and flooded coasts!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Said reason was author of the comic strip working for the conservative 'culture war' and the money that bring.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

mlnhd posted:

How do you have your finger so off the pulse of the discourse? No body likes Levar Burton as host except ultra liberals. Plus he’s like 70 years old so they’ll just be in this same situation in a few years.

It's a TV show, not the highest court of the land, it's ok to change it out every couple years.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

mlnhd posted:

I think more people don't care at all about the host of a game show than have any sort of preference, but the ones who do all seem to prefer Levar Burton. Or maybe this is how I learn that my feeds are full of ultra liberals.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
"Only ultra-libs like Levar Burton" is one of the more baffling opinions I've seen in this thread.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

There's definitely a contingent of people who like Burton because they have cozy memories of Reading Rainbow.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost

JerikTelorian posted:

There's definitely a contingent of people who like Burton because they have cozy memories of Reading Rainbow.

Hey

I also have cozy memories of Geordi.

And the reading rainbow episode where they explained how they did the teleport effects blew my pre-adolescent mind.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
That's the first time I've seen an Afghan dog used as a symbol for all Afghanistan.

...guess it's preferable to an angry bearded scimitar terrorist, at least

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I didn't even know they polled about VPs, really. Looked it up and a few weeks ago Harris being the most unpopular VP ever according to a poll was all over the right-wing news outlets, and (surprise!) it was also not true.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Joe Biden’s foreign policy — Mario Draghi, the Italian PM, believes he is close to winning the support of Joe Biden to stage a special G20 peace conference on Afghanistan next month that will include key players who have close links with the Taliban"

Telegraph:

Matt:

UK plunges towards supply chain crisis due to staff and transport disruption

Independent:

Times:

‘The sea was closed’: Raab denies paddleboarding while Kabul fell; Baby on Nevermind cover sues Nirvana over child sexual exploitation

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the death of a rock icon

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Johnny Walker posted:

I didn't even know they polled about VPs, really. Looked it up and a few weeks ago Harris being the most unpopular VP ever according to a poll was all over the right-wing news outlets, and (surprise!) it was also not true.

I was about to say Quayle and Cheney had to be less popular, and as it turns out all the recent Republican VPs were less popular than Harris. But especially Quayle, people really didn’t like him.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

They sure liked him as a punch line though, I remember encountering Dan Quayle jokes in the 90's and I live on the other side of the world.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

By popular demand posted:

They sure liked him as a punch line though, I remember encountering Dan Quayle jokes in the 90's and I live on the other side of the world.

He was one special kind of idiot. Here’s a host of quotes I believe I stole from SA

quote:

Remembering Dan Quale:
"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."
"Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children."
"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared.'"
"Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child."
"Welcome to President Bush, Mrs. Bush, and my fellow astronauts."
"I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy -- but that could change."
"What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is."
"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century."
"I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future."
"We're going to have the best-educated American people in the world."
"I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix."
"It's wonderful to be here in the great state of Chicago."
"When I have been asked during these last weeks who caused the riots and the killing in L.A., my answer has been direct and simple: Who is to blame for the riots? The rioters are to blame. Who is to blame for the killings? The killers are to blame."
"Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things."
"The American people would not want to know of any misquotes that Dan Quayle may or may not make."
"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made."

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Joe Dumbiden and his isolationist America should take advise from Global Britain :brexit:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

A leash and a noose are the same thing. AGC.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I have no idea who it was or what it was on but I remember a comedian or someone doing a bit about politicians taking eye exams and one of them was Dan Quayle and the joke was spelling out "potato" and then pausing for a second and adding an e at the end.

It's the first thing I think about whenever anyone mentions Quayle.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Draw Dominic Raab's dick you coward.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Pilchenstein posted:

Now look I just changed the thread title.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
The Potatoe Gaffe was pretty mockworthy, to be sure:

Wikipedia posted:

On June 15, 1992, Quayle altered 12-year-old student William Figueroa's correct spelling of "potato" to "potatoe" at the Muñoz Rivera Elementary School spelling bee in Trenton, New Jersey.

After four years of Trump, though, the Quayle-isms seem a lot less funny. At least you can tell what he was trying to say.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

After The War posted:

After four years of Trump, though, the Quayle-isms seem a lot less funny. At least you can tell what he was trying to say.

Hell, the "mocking politicians misspeaking" thing was plenty tired after eight years of Bush doing daily war crimes while too many people seemed more interested in being amateur Jay Lenos with "eheh did you hear how he pronounces nuclear?"

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

fool of sound posted:

Now look I just changed the thread title.

Back in the day we'd have a new title every other week

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Pilchenstein posted:

Why would you imply his dick is large enough to poke past his stomach?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

In what is being dubbed "CoalKeeper" Angus Taylor, Minister for Energy and Emissions Reduction, is trying to get Australians to pay more for electricity to pay subsidies to keep commercially nonviable coal-fired power plants running. States push back against subsidies for coal and gas-fired power plants (ABC).

Spooner:

Warren Brown:

NSW premier Gladys Berejiklian. NSW hit over a thousand cases yesterday.

Wilcox:

On the day NSW hit over a thousand cases Gladys Berejiklian also revealed how she will relax restrictions. It came with a lot of a caveats about how they will only apply to the vaccinated.

Knight:

Victorian premier Dan Andrews. The donut represents a zero case day, which Victoria like all states and territories except NSW is still chasing as the goal.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

YOU CAN’T MAKE MONEY OFF OF HEALTHY PEOPLE

Big Pharma is not in the business of making us healthier. They profit by disease and the fear of disease. Healthy people with healthy immune systems who take care of themselves are not conducive to profit. Big Pharma wants us dependent on their products. They’re in business to make money from fear.

The vaccine industry is also protected. During Reagan’s administration, the vaccine makers were in trouble. Too many lawsuits were driving them out of business. Can’t have that! So political allies sounded the alarm. We were told vaccines were necessary for the nation’s health and its makers must be protected. So legislation gave them immunity from lawsuits. Nowadays, victims of the vaccines have to go to a special court and present their case. Each victim has to present their case separately and anew. Taxpayers, not the vaccine makers, pick up the settlement tabs.

Free from lawsuits, the vaccine makers became more accountable and responsible. Oh, wait a minute. No they didn’t! They became more free to cut corners on vaccine safety. They became more greedy. The vaccines became far more numerous. Now we have a vaccine (containing aborted fetal tissue) for chicken pox, which formerly was a benign rite of passage. I keep seeing commercials for vaccines for meningitis. Make sure your teen is vaccinated! What they don’t tell you is the chances your teen will contract meningitis are vanishingly small. There is a greater chance your teen will die of the vaccine than from meningitis.

Children are subject to more and more vaccines and the autism numbers climb parallel with the amount of doses, yet there are always more vaccines. Not less.

Fear is constantly being fanned over COVID-19 and Big Pharma is taking advantage of it. You can get a ‘free’ vaccine, but of course there is no such thing. Taxpayers pay for it and Big Pharma is milking that fear and raking in endless billions of dollars. There will be boosters for each variant and more censorship coming for those of us who question the wisdom of injecting dangerous material into our arms.

COVID-19 is a cash cow for Big Pharma and that cow can have a dangerous kick for those who buy the line that the jabs are safe and effective.

Why do you think they call it “mooo-la” (money)

— Ben Garrison

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
This guy gets it :v:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Hm wow this profit driven economic system sounds really bad Ben, maybe medicines should be produced and distributed according to need

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I am so sick of people who act like the immune system is some perfect thing that can’t fail, but only be failed. As if pathogens don’t evolve and get around it. poo poo, the 1918 flu pandemic mostly killed healthy adults because the immune response was so strong. Children and the elderly had either immature or aging immune systems that gave them a better shot at survival. This doesn’t even consider genetic conditions that make you more or less vulnerable to illness, where doing 100 situps a day won’t fix.

And why the gently caress would vaccines harm people if the goal is to just make money? I know this partially because he’s a crackpot who believes in world depopulation schemes, and people who think drugs make you sick to sell more drugs, but he’s talking about vaccines straight-up killing people which seems counterintuitive. poo poo, he thinks the pandemic is fake, so why does it have a 0.02% chance to kill people when the NWO could pretend it’s like 5% and scare even more people into getting shots?

I know the explanation is “Garrison is a gullible idiot who knows he’s been duped so his choices are either admit he’s an idiot or buy into ever-larger conspiracies” but jesus christ dude I wish your job required going outside so you could contract it and tell us how fake it is then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009