Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

walking down the middle of the freeway because we only die when it's time for us to die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Stew
Dec 27, 2009

Lol my friend was arguing with his girlfriend about getting the vaccine and eventually this was also her argument when she could no longer bullshit about it killing or sterilizing you. "Everyone has to die eventually, so what's the point? " Just loving crazy, suicidal poo poo and you can't even begin to reason with it. Condolences. It's loving maddening.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Covok posted:

So anyway, my co worker has been coughing all day. That isn't great. Closed my office door but uh yeah. It's a traditional closed office, not an open one.

Still, RIP.

that reminds me of what I dont miss working from home, which is listening to some guy clear his throat every 10 minutes and never ever drink any water

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Demon Of The Fall posted:

thanks. i'm sorry to poo poo the thread up with my problems, everyone can go back to your regularly scheduled lols

dont be its half of what this thread is for.

also this is not a joke: there is a less than zero chance your wife is suicidal. im sorry.

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

my spouse and i are on the same page so much our political arguments are over the stupidest minutiae that I feel guilty bringing them up immediately after. i can't imagine what i would do if we would argue over things like getting a vaccine or not exposing ourselves and children to a deadly virus.

jesus christ Demon Of The Fall hang in there, i hope you don't end up on a goon spreadsheet

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

oh man my advice is even better now. seriously. take all that poo poo and start applying it to your children. they’re going to die someday too, right? start shopping for baby coffins and making her go through their life insurance

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

my warm embrace and death's cold embrace balance each other out

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

sonatinas posted:

my neighbor works for the bottom company and they pretty much own all of the funeral homes. the ones that seem local are owned by SCI. they buy them up and maintain the local connection.

Let me tell you, time share salesmen have nothing on the highpressure tactics the funeral guys have when you are at a very vulnerable stage (having to arrange a funeral for a loved one). When my dad died, last year, they were relentless on the upsell to the point my mom had to leave the room.

shameful.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

start shopping for a kids coffin and ask which one she likes more

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Strep Vote posted:

Scene: prepping my kid for school

Me: just keep your mask on and you'll be fine. Oh, and don't be a stickler for social distancing, they changed it from six feet to three feet. They decided they're the same.
Kid: oh, ok.
Me: ...
Kid: ...
Me: ...
Kid: ... but that makes me think that six feet wasn't enough and it should be 12?
Me: gently caress WHY ARE YOU SO SMART

drat someone raisin' the next einstein here

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
There was a covid scare last week but thankfully my daughter shows no symptoms and tested negative. She was exposed during after-school care from a close friend. Thankfully that other kid is a mask-wearer.

There was a kid that complained of a headache on day 3 of class and she was missing for a week. She came back on Monday (exactly 10 days after she left class) but wasn't present the day after she came back. They don't consider this a close-contact with our daughter since she's in a different 'pod' table although they share classrooms. That kid with the headache hadn't worn a mask and was in a 'pod' with 5 other kids. None of those kids missed class.

The district is following the lead of our amazing governor that banned a mask mandate, but the school is 31% white so I'd say it's like 70% masked for 1st graders, which is great. What's interesting is that mask usage drops HARD once you enter 4th-5th grade because peer pressure rears its ugly head and I'm guessing that kids are ditching their masks on the first whiff of "why are you wearing a mask? U SCARED?!"

Recently, 2 no-mask children started showing up to class with masks on, according to our daughter. More parents are getting scared. :shepface:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lmao holy gently caress

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The American doesn't put the same high price on life as does a Chinese. Life is plentiful. Life is cheap in America

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Beef Stew posted:

Lol my friend was arguing with his girlfriend about getting the vaccine and eventually this was also her argument when she could no longer bullshit about it killing or sterilizing you. "Everyone has to die eventually, so what's the point? " Just loving crazy, suicidal poo poo and you can't even begin to reason with it. Condolences. It's loving maddening.

ask her if she thinks we should prosecute murderers

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

lmao we’ll never know how many families covid just completely destroyed

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

How... Different is this versions of your spouse versus when you were first dating? Do people change a lot? Did you just knock her up and go "eh, why not get married"? Like I am flabbergasted that things get to this point over a couple of needle jabs.

Seriously try for the life insurance thing tho.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Atrocious Joe posted:

I've heard that poo poo from so many people tbh.

sadly that's a super common sentiment.

This is the same poo poo my gfs mom said to her. Its been a huge point of contention and ruined their relationship. My gf even tried taking the logical approach, asking her mom why she is hesitant. Mom consumes antivaxx media from some doctor who had been on tje news. Said doctor was a former trauma surgeon and is grifting to sell an alternative medicine book. She put together a whole document debunking the doctor and showing the efficacy and safety of vaccines and her mom just said "honey you need to respect we have a difference of opinion" after previously saying she'd consider it at least. I told her this is what would happen, but she still wanted to try for her moms sake.

Its extra ironic because her dad is much more a chud and trump supporter then her mom, but he got vaxxed without hesitation because his wife is a hospice nurse

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Condolences. Sorry. I have zero luck convincing any of the anti-vaccine folk I know of anything.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Lacrosse posted:

A friend of mine went to the Carolinas for vacation and just got back. We were hanging out in VR when he started sneezing really bad. I didn't want to freak him out by asking if he got tested, so I waited until he logged off for the night and discussed it with his close friend who was still on. He just said 'he's vaccinated he'll be fine if you're worried then stay away from him' and I'm like 'wait why is he having a shindig soon- OH WAIT OUR FRIENDS ARE COMING TO VISIT'. I suddenly realized some mutual friends are flying in this week and he was planning a backyard BBQ I had forgotten about. Lmao.

Also it's kinda frustrating whenever I bring up being concerned someone is ill they automatically assume I'm afraid of getting sick. While that's true I'm also worried my friend is going to get a bad breakthrough case. It's like it breaks people's brains when you try to explain you're concerned about other people and not just yourself.

these people attribute 0 risk to covid. it doesn't exist and if it did exist it won't hurt them, so they probably assume you are freaking out about it for attention.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Dolphin posted:

whoa this is like the opposite of that movie Idiocracy

by not vacinating childrens, we put on the virus selective pression so a variant that targets kids more than addults spread

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
poo poo man you don't even need to be together to argue about a vaccine, I told my ex-wife our kids absolutely need to get vaccinated when it's available to them and of course I get the "I need to see more data and make sure it's safe before I commit to anything" and of course she's not vaccinated and I can't just get my kids vaccinated without her consent as well. pisses me off so much and if it comes down to it I'll gladly take legal action against her to make loving sure my kids are protected.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Schnorkles posted:

op take a deep breath and have a conversation with your wife not over text.

maybe a divorce is where this goes but i would be deliberate about it at least

lol that conversation was from june

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

BraveUlysses posted:

are you sure you can't keep doing the fmla stuff? i remember a lady doing that at boeing for 3-4 years...she'd come back every year or 18mo and work a week then go on fmla again.

just leave your 401k alone, if you choose some of the funds that are based on the stock market they have really low fees. dont use the targeted retirement in 2040/50/60 funds, they charge high fees.

you'd be FAR better off to let them hit you with a layoff than to quit.

yeah but they won't do that. I have to go in and work in person and I refuse to do it so they would just fire me for absenteeism.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

we easily have more than a couple dozen goon marriages destroyed in the past 18 months

I was in a new relationship at the start and it ended because she went full broke brain you can’t inconvenience me. we are still friends though because she takes the Covid part seriously.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Lacrosse posted:

It's like it breaks people's brains when you try to explain you're concerned about other people and not just yourself.

Because most people are unconcerned about being concerned about other people. It's how we got into this mess.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Joey Steel posted:

How... Different is this versions of your spouse versus when you were first dating? Do people change a lot? Did you just knock her up and go "eh, why not get married"? Like I am flabbergasted that things get to this point over a couple of needle jabs.

people can change *a lot* during the course of a relationship, especially once kids come into the scene. kids turn people into illogical morons.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Atrocious Joe posted:

i had one relative tell my mom that she's not sure about the vaccine because her time to go is god's decision

then she should my mom to get out to more restaurants and not be afraid

Just ask them why they always choose to go to the ground floor of a building and exiting from the door there rather than just jumping out the window of whatever floor they're on. It's much quicker.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Joey Steel posted:

the pandemic has been hell on everyone. remember in the first months when all kinds of couples realized.. holy poo poo I hate spending time indoors with this person, we only existed to sleep together before and now this loving sucks!!

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

oh man my advice is even better now. seriously. take all that poo poo and start applying it to your children. they’re going to die someday too, right? start shopping for baby coffins and making her go through their life insurance

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

:sever:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

start shopping for a kids coffin and ask which one she likes more

Pick the Juggalo coffin.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Demon Of The Fall posted:

lol that conversation was from june

I wish to modify my previous advice from lawyer up now to lawyer up then

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Joey Steel posted:

capitalism, it literally is unsustainable in every aspect of american life, from the intimate to public

we're the only nation that consumes more than our weight in antidepressants and when we tell our therapists an inkling of whats not working because the greater system is so pervasive and suffocating, they don't even do some buddhist approach to "reach out to those around you", they literally tell you straight up to live with it so they can "fix" you up for the labor force again

if the refrain sounds familiar, we're being told to learn to live with covid, so the pattern is just so obvious and even more so when the system is seizing the gently caress up

people tell you to get married, live an american life and all, thats great if you can afford to keep the illusion going.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Iron Crowned posted:

Because most people are unconcerned about being concerned about other people. It's how we got into this mess.

What mess?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pharmacy won’t do third unto 8 months after second

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

you don't *have* to speedrun a divorce, you know

it’s better for the lawyers to go slow

Stupid Boxes
Feb 9, 2004

good grief!