Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

euphronius posted:

just say no to vaccine fraud

the biggest vaccine fraud is joe biden's refusal to mandate it for all americans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

ram dass in hell posted:

lol if u havent started every monday thru saturday with an Open Biden and every Sunday with a Good Morning Sunday Morning in order to achieve maximum nancification of yr brain, like me

i prostrate to a dove chocolate ice cream bar when i wind down every day after a grueling sesh of open bidens

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Covok posted:

I remember reading somewhere that exhaustion and compliancy to mass death is a sign of a failing society.

Anyway, 100k projected to die by December.

https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/u-s-projected-to-see-100000-more-covid-deaths-by-december-unless-changes-are-made/

In other words, what the coronavirus has in store this fall depends on human behavior.

:hmmrona:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

parents get your masks before they're sold out
lol that this is the only back2school ad/promo that doesn't crack ping me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdg85Un6YBc&t=26s

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Covok posted:

I remember reading somewhere that exhaustion and compliancy to mass death is a sign of a failing society.

Anyway, 100k projected to die by December.

https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/u-s-projected-to-see-100000-more-covid-deaths-by-december-unless-changes-are-made/
"U.S. projected to see 100,000 more COVID deaths by December, unless changes are made"
lmao

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
seriously wondering if any of you have actually tried saying the magic words "open biden" out loud, i have and not only have i not contracted covid, but also listen fat, if you don't like it, i'm gonna go eat some ice cream now

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

HiHo ChiRho posted:

You will see a sequel to January 6, 2021. Not at the Capitol, but spread out at every hospital in the country will be violent actions. The amount will be sporadic at first, but the few successes will embolden others:

October 10th, 2021
08:00 AM EST

Atlanta is burning. CDC headquarters was hastily evacuated 6 hours ago after a Trump car parade smashed through the abandoned barricades.

Proud boys march in the streets, and effectively are the current active police department, which means not much has changed aside from their uniforms.

The hospitals are still operating, but the security staff is barely hanging on. The mobs are packed so tight by the glass doors, you can smell a mix of sweat and apple flavored paste in the air.

The chuds are coming.

They have brought the drench, and will save their loved ones or die trying.

Going to assume you don't live in atlanta

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Koirhor posted:

that number is insanely optimistic

added to my 2020-2021 toxic positivity vision board

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

if people are just shrugging at death why dont they just get the evil death vaccine

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Lastgirl posted:

i prostrate to a dove chocolate ice cream bar when i wind down every day after a grueling sesh of open bidens

rewarding myself by going to the cvs and smelling all the $2 conditioner bottles, you can't kick me outta here JACK it's a free country and I've got my mask on

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
hey guys I just heard we can limit the number of people who die to climate change if we act now lol

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Zokari posted:

if people are just shrugging at death why dont they just get the evil death vaccine

???

?????????

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

hey you while you are waiting for your booster why don't you head on over the the freezer and pick up some delicious Jenis Splendid Ice Cream you'll be happy you did

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fauci: Well, I was wrong; the vaccines are a godsend.

Lisa: But isn't that a bit short-sighted? What happens when we're overrun by asymptomatic spreaders?

Fauci: No problem. We simply release wave after wave of mask mandates.

Lisa: But aren't the masks even worse

Fauci: Yes, but we're prepared for that. We've lined up a fabulous strain of COVID that thrives on children.

Lisa: But then we're stuck with COVID!

Fauci: No, that's the beautiful part. When wintertime rolls around, the children simply breathe to death.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Zokari posted:

because I'll die how I want to

i have agency, control over things i do not, and it is very unwise to test my worldview like this

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

what do those dipshits think ~the government~ should be doing to fight obesity
nothing. this is the same thing as them saying instead of helping immigrants we should help americans first

and you say okay can we help americans then

"no"

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Peter Daou Zen posted:

Fauci: Well, I was wrong; the vaccines are a godsend.

Lisa: But isn't that a bit short-sighted? What happens when we're overrun by asymptomatic spreaders?

Fauci: No problem. We simply release wave after wave of mask mandates.

Lisa: But aren't the masks even worse

Fauci: Yes, but we're prepared for that. We've lined up a fabulous strain of COVID that thrives on children.

Lisa: But then we're stuck with COVID!

Fauci: No, that's the beautiful part. When wintertime rolls around, the children simply breathe to death.

https://twitter.com/RonPaul/status/1430216575160918016?s=20

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug

space chandeliers posted:

my spouse and i are on the same page so much our political arguments are over the stupidest minutiae that I feel guilty bringing them up immediately after. i can't imagine what i would do if we would argue over things like getting a vaccine or not exposing ourselves and children to a deadly virus.

jesus christ Demon Of The Fall hang in there, i hope you don't end up on a goon spreadsheet

Same-- I am incredibly thankful that my wife and I are on just about the exact same page with this. She's a little more willing to do stuff, but not by much, and she's been cooped up working from home since April of last year, so I get it. Got lucky with my parents, too-- I sent my mom an article a month ago back talking about Delta and suggesting she start masking again, and they were totally on board. I feel for everyone here that are finding that getting people to take basic precautions is like pulling teeth.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

given that they have brainworms, I completely support this method of treatment

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

In other words, what the coronavirus has in store this fall depends on human behavior.

:hmmrona:

We all know how last fall turned out

:theroni:

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mod sassinator posted:

the biggest vaccine fraud is joe biden's refusal to mandate it for all americans
im not for like, holding people down and giving them vaccines but by all means, ban them from leaving their homes

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Tzen posted:

"U.S. projected to see 100,000 more COVID deaths by December, unless changes are made"
lmao

we'll make changes alright... open biden!!!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

whoever had "half the country won't get vaccinated but blame the vaccine for continued cases" on there bingo boards,

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Zokari posted:

Spite is what drives fascists, generally speaking, and part of what differentiates them from regular Conservatives who are merely driven by hatred and fear. Spite, not hatred. Hatred is - in its own way - a reasonable thing. I hate Republicans but there are various factors that keep me from acting out on that hatred, both logical and emotional. Spite is not reasonable. Spite is the willingness to destroy yourself to harm your enemies.

They don't care if they die so long as they stick it to the Libs in the process. That's all that matters. I mean hell, it's why they lionize Lost Cause mythologies like the Confederacy and Thermopylae and poo poo. It doesn't matter that these warriors were defeated and failed to accomplish their goals in reality, all that mattered is they fought and died, kicking and screaming like toddlers, against their enemies.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Stupid Boxes posted:

omg I didn’t know open biden was a real thing loving nancy said whaaaatt

lmao

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

didn’t he have a stroke live on stream lmao how is he alive

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
100k by November, maybe.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Potato Salad posted:

whoever had "half the country won't get vaccinated but blame the vaccine for continued cases" on there bingo boards,
still loling that they won't get jabbed but will poison themselves with horse paste

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

no that was jeffrey toobin

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003
I can't stop crack pinging about the democratic governor of New Mexico's logic on why limiting capacity at indoor businesses is the action of last resort.

quote:

Like extra last. Last and then something, something, something. And here's the reason – more than the economy, more than the uncertainty for business, we want people to have confidence. I do too. Now that we have tools, they have the science behind that confidence, that we can get to a normal, and if you have to use these tools, these extreme tools, we minimize people's confidence that, in fact, we can use science to control this pandemic.

Doing things that actually work reduce the confidence of science. :thunk:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Tzen posted:

still loling that they won't get jabbed but will poison themselves with horse paste

the horse paste isn't poisonous it's all natural

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Zurtilik posted:

100k by November, maybe.

127 days until December 31, they're assuming we'll only hit ~787 dead per day from now until then.

Stupid Boxes
Feb 9, 2004

good grief!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I watched the whole thing the guy is basically a mumbling corpse at this point

edit: open biden I guess

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

lmao hell yeah dude

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Vishass posted:

Going to assume you don't live in atlanta

Oh definitely. I do find it extremely likely chuds will band together to break into ICUs to smear horse paste on their loved ones armpits, though

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

this rocks

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/cor...uma4-story.html

quote:

SARASOTA — Sheriff’s officials in one Florida county say they’re not disciplining employees who knowingly came to work after either testing positive for COVID-19 or experienced symptoms.

On Aug. 3, Sarasota Sheriff’s Office Maj. Jon Goetluck sent an email asking employees to stay home if they felt ill, the Sarasota Herald-Tribune reported. The email included a list of COVID precautions to employees about hand-washing and staying home when ill.

On Aug. 12, he said he resent that email “because we are still having employees coming into work with symptoms and exposing other employees and then testing positive 2-3 days later,” the newspaper reported.

He sent a third email Aug. 18 after cases continued to increase.

“It appears that we still have personnel coming to work sick, to include some that have tested positive,” Goetluck’s email said. “I wasn’t going to publicize our numbers to avoid unnecessary panic, but I find it necessary to do so.”

On Tuesday, the agency reported 93 employees were out sick, and that 57 had tested positive for COVID-19, according to the newspaper.

But those who came to work after testing positive or while feeling ill won’t face any repercussions, sheriff’s spokeswoman Kaitlyn Perez told the newspaper.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Assuming we stay at the 1470 deaths we had today, well hit 100k additional in about 68 days or November 2nd. For us that will be a Tuesday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
lmao one cool trick to keep schools open and humming along during a pandemic

https://gothamist.com/news/nyc-public-schools-will-only-conduct-random-covid-tests-unvaccinated-students-fall

quote:

NYC Public Schools Will Only Conduct Random COVID Tests On Unvaccinated Students This Fall

New York City plans to randomly test 10% of each school’s unvaccinated population twice a month this school year to prevent COVID-19 transmission, Mayor Bill de Blasio and Schools Chancellor Meisha Porter announced Thursday.

The updated testing strategy is considerably dialed back from the previous protocol that held weekly testing of each school’s entire school population, but it does fall in line with recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

This year, the city is also not setting a threshold number of COVID cases to close a school. Instead, the city will only consider closures if there is “widespread transmission” in a school, the Department of Education said. Last year, schools closed whenever there were two or four reported cases of COVID-19 in different classrooms within a week that were traced to a known exposure inside the school.

we have less precautions, less control, less protocols... and a more infectious variant. what could go wrong