Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Alton Brown was one of the first "DO YOU'RE OWN RESEARCH" cooking celebrities when it comes to food science. He implied he was basing his tutelage on scientific method when he was really just pulling poo poo out of his rear end. At least in the beginning of his career.
I stopped paying attention to him when he claimed flambee is only for show and does nothing to the dish (totally wrong), explained about making a box hot smoker by using glue and plywood and did not warn against using any galvanized hardware.

gently caress that guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Tip posted:

I wasn't sure what this was about so I googled "alton brown bad person" and got the headline "Food Network Host Alton Brown Comes Out as Republican, Makes Tasteless Holocaust Tweets"

I guess that is one way to come out as republican, lol

say what you will, the man understands how to drive a brand.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

PinheadSlim posted:

Blow her mind out her tongues rear end in a top hat.

Um, what?

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

alton brown must have had a late-in-life hard right turn, like christopher hitchens or dennis miller. it's hard to imagine the guy who hosted a cooking show full of sock puppets and dancing pa's in molecule costumes being a maga.

it's like if mister wizard joined the proud boys or something.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Prof. Crocodile posted:

alton brown must have had a late-in-life hard right turn, like christopher hitchens or dennis miller. it's hard to imagine the guy who hosted a cooking show full of sock puppets and dancing pa's in molecule costumes being a maga.

it's like if mister wizard joined the proud boys or something.

Beakman is a hydroxychloroquine salesman now

this is a lie. Paul Zaloom is a left leaning liberal

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Think of it this way:

"Blow her mind out using your tongue and her rear end in a top hat"

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Eat. All. That. rear end.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Sorry everyone, he had to go (in the trash)

He was like the bill nye of cookery in my youth and my family and I used to watch him quite a lot. Seeing him irl was a thrill even. He was on American iron chef for pity’s sake!

Much like Ellen degeneres he is a “personality“ I used to admire that I now cannot stand.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Waterbed Wendy posted:

the bill nye of cookery in my youth

That's exactly what he was designed to be.
A "Why does food work this way" kind of guy, and that's it and it's ok to have enjoyed that.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

MMP sometimes the things you manage to post here make me tremble at the things you DON'T manage to post here, and I worry for you.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

That's exactly what he was designed to be.
A "Why does food work this way" kind of guy, and that's it and it's ok to have enjoyed that.

Thanks, bbc

:dings:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Big Beef City posted:

MMP sometimes the things you manage to post here make me tremble at the things you DON'T manage to post here, and I worry for you.

I appreciate the concern but I believe you are overthinking it, friend! As the saying goes, sometimes a jpeg is just a jpeg.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Speaking of 'sometimes a thing is just a thing', another caused me to go down a worm hole of old 'Will Ferrell Is Harry Carey skits' on SNL and, well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTY13Ea314A&t=1s

It starts off goofily enough, and then...

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Big Beef City posted:

Speaking of 'sometimes a thing is just a thing', another caused me to go down a worm hole of old 'Will Ferrell Is Harry Carey skits' on SNL and, well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTY13Ea314A&t=1s

It starts off goofily enough, and then...

Yikes

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I've come to realize that pretty much anytime you rewatch stuff from the 90's (especially comedy material), there's gonna be some things are a big yikes by today's standards but would hardly raise an eyebrow at the time. It's crazy how fast and far we've come on this stuff.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"Here is a physical catalog of scalps I've collected and want to sell you because the government won't buy them anymore" that falls flat as a joke on a national comedy program seems like it should might have been a bigger 'yikes' even at the time. I'm old enough to have known better while watching that at the time as a young teenager and even then it'd been more than an 'eeesh' moment I dunno what they were going for there.

I'm not trying to argue with you or anything, so please don't think that. just basically repeating that that was outrageous.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Big Beef City posted:

I'm not trying to argue with you or anything, so please don't think that. just basically repeating that that was outrageous.

lol Beef I love how you're known for being so aggro everywhere else but you are so polite in here!

Truly The 1000 Page Thread is a place of friends.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Meme Poker Party posted:

lol Beef I love how you're known for being so aggro everywhere else but you are so polite in here!

Truly The 1000 Page Thread is a place of friends.

gently caress you.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I kid, I kid.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

His new av has really mellowed him out

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

Zil posted:

gently caress you.

Is that an offer, or a threat?

I realize you are just goofing around.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I love BBC

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i love his wimpy little noodle arms and the distinct taintly smell of his breath

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Zil posted:

gently caress you.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i lobr yhe squishing sound it makes when he walks by. i love the way the sun catches the blueberry tint off his colloidal silver-ridden skin. i love each and every termite that infests his various peg limbs

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I am also the age of empires 2 GBS champion guys can I get some accolades ???

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Derpies posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tBqdKGiqnI&t=5s

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

You must be one of these PAWGs I’ve been hearing about.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Derpies posted:

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Derpies posted:

:woot:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

hey

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

what movie shall we watch tonight?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

southland tales was last friday and it kicked rear end, it's so 2021 it's ridiculous

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

so far barbarella is on the table, giv e me some options 1kpt i love you don't let me down please (it's ok if you do tho it's that kind of love)

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Blue Ruin

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

beautiful

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

AKZ posted:

Blue Ruin