Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Father Wendigo posted:

https://twitter.com/OverwatchTXT/status/1430966328752545797?s=19

Any bets on what the new name will be? Maybe the cowboy was actually Talon's off brand Echo pretending to be a cowboy!

Trying to remember if there's any art assets in the game with his initials on them, maybe that would be enough for the team to rename him like Jimmy McCraw or something to save a little time. Jey McSriff. Justin McElroy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megane
Jun 20, 2008

The Cowboy Formerly Known as Jesse McCree

e: I always wonder. Does writing poo poo like this in legalese actually matter to anyone? Like, is there some guy in Ohio who reads that and nods and says "oh, yes, they're creating a fictional universe, whew, I was worried it might have something to do with the lawsuit or his being a sex pest, but this mealy-mouthed boilerplate really puts my mind at ease."

megane fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Aug 26, 2021

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Bob A. McFarland

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Rename him to Joel

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

megane posted:

The Cowboy Formerly Known as Jesse McCree

e: I always wonder. Does writing poo poo like this in legalese actually matter to anyone? Like, is there some guy in Ohio who reads that and nods and says "oh, yes, they're creating a fictional universe, whew, I was worried it might have something to do with the lawsuit or his being a sex pest, but this mealy-mouthed boilerplate really puts my mind at ease."

it matters to defense lawyers

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Turns out that was a terrible name for a cowboy.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Jesse McCree was just an alias he was using the whole time.

His real name has been revealed to be....

Bobson Dugnutt

megane
Jun 20, 2008

resistentialism posted:

Turns out that was a terrible name for a cowboy.

what did the robot in the car know, and when did he know it

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/taufmonster/status/1426229430893096965

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
"Hey guys, Aaron from the Overwatch team here, and we have some exciting news. Sombra has hacked the Overwatch files and revealed the true identity if your favorite cowboy to the world. Deciding to embrace his past, our hero has chosen to live now under his real name, John Wayne Gacy. A cowboy to the core, he...*muffled whispers*.. we will be right back..."

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

"Hello, my name is Essej Eerccm, and I come from someplace.. uh.. far away. Yes, that will do"

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Jeff McTigole

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

OWL is playing with a rough build of OW2 this week. Also this happened:

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1440397042749100041?s=19

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Sucks because i'm really enjoying playing off tank when I want to chill out and they're removing it for reasons

cos they can't balance for poo poo

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

My overall experience with OW has improved dramatically when I realised that tank was a thankless, awful task. Now I just play support, which is just thankless.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
It certainly can be if you don't play Sigma and out dps everyone!

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

My overall experience with OW has improved dramatically when I realised that tank was a thankless, awful task. Now I just play support, which is just thankless.

I feel the same way, but then inevitably go back to tank when people make dogshit tank picks that make things so much harder. Or just can't play worth a drat.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

I feel the same way, but then inevitably go back to tank when people make dogshit tank picks that make things so much harder. Or just can't play worth a drat.

PUSH FORWARD TO TAKE THAT CORNER AND MAKE SOME SPACE oh you're just going to sit on the point and wait for the timer even though all the enemy team is dead? cool cool cool

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

withoutclass posted:

It certainly can be if you don't play Sigma and out dps everyone!

This is probably because sigma makes zero actual space and just plays like a fat DPS.

Same as hog, tbh.

I'm just laughing at how apparently the whole "oh they have a hog, guess i'll save bubbles for when he hooks my genji" is still considered galaxy brain in 2021.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

This feels a little unfair to my boy Sigma. The cooldown time on putting the shield back out was a huge nerf, but he's still pretty versatile, got a little bit of everything. Nothing beats repeatedly rocking a Genji who thinks deflecting will protect him.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

I still DM rocks.

Hell, I still DM shatters.

Bad thing's gonna happen, and I have a button, better push it

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Exhibition map for Overwatch 2 showcasing Rome and the new Push mode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar3oTETtAdE&t=10582s

Not sure how much of my reactions are because of the observers' inexperience at watching this new game mode, but it was really hard to follow. It'll probably make more sense when the game's out.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Sombra is going to be immediately nerfed, holy poo poo

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Sombra is going to be immediately nerfed, holy poo poo

She's better as DPS, but no more 8 second ability lockdowns on hacked targets is a huge nerf.
I'd say it is a wash. If her DPS buff is too much, that's an easy number to balance.

Bastion gets pretty cool looking upgrade. RIP Pirateship.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Watching every tank get loving deleted every time a DPS presses a fun button is a bit depressing. Tanks are now just fat DPS.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I'm someone that thought pretty much every OW balance change and overhaul was a step in the right direction, or at least a nice change of pace, but I am not hyped about OW2. It looks like a huge step in the wrong direction. I don't want another bland shooter geared toward individual contributions, and I like assault maps a lot more than my perception of push. This is going to be a big win for people who are bad at team play, and toxic assholes that want to boost their ego by 'carrying' in 1/10 games on widow.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Hey there's that classic blizzard balancing, then they can leave her in this comically busted state for 9 months. Maybe it's true that they really are struggling to figure out how to balance stuff on a really fundamental level if that's what they turned out.

1) 50% more damage to hacked targets is just rofl stupid. 15% would be extremely strong and would still be a big deal when combined with other available damage boosts

2) EMP now does 40% damage to everyone caught in it. This is just lazy af and uninteresting, wow a big aoe damage explosion and they clearly tried it make it ~dynamic~ by just slapping a huge fuckoff number on it. 40% is ridiculous. It could be 15-20% and it would still be strong, additionally so if it interacts with damage boosts. Also let's not talk about why tf an emp is doing damage to hp, either.

Anyways this rework would be a lot less perplexing if it didn't seem like every other hero was playing basically the same as currently.

and lol contrast this ridiculousness with the zarya rework of 'zarya gets two bubbles now!!'

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Yeah they are moving toward everything being damage and headshots with hints of utility here and there.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I liked Overwatch because you could help the team and do well without being some snap headshotter like every other shooter out there, seems they want to ruin that.

Radio PhoolCat
Aug 13, 2003

Gentlemanly attire.
(wheee)

socialsecurity posted:

I liked Overwatch because you could help the team and do well without being some snap headshotter like every other shooter out there, seems they want to ruin that.

They lured me in with promises of not needing to aim, and now they are kicking me out because I cannot aim.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Mechanical skill and tech abilities are the least fun part of any game. I like card games and turn based strategy, but overwatch was able to lure me in for an obscene amount of hours. I like that you can succeed on just making good decisions and enhancing your team and generally pointing things in the right direction. Not looking to play valorant here.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Yup, big same. I gave always been terrible at FPS, it’s fine if you play a single-player game but horrible for multiplayer. Over watch was cool because I could do a lot without that particular skill. The less that’s true and the more you need to click head, the more frustrating the game gets.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Florida Mayhem announce the release of the Florida Mayhem

https://twitter.com/FLMayhem/status/1444346626072588299

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

More footage from OW2 https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwnBEhITAFhjwJNe6xyxzXau5ZE1A-Y4e

Individual POVs from dps, tank and support players. These should be different from the exhibition match during owl finals.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Just great to see Blizzard's design ethos of "nerf the gently caress out of supports until they're completely unfun to play".

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
How were supports nerfed? By other things being made stronger? Or actually nerfed? I'm watching these videos and despite the changes, the game doesn't look as different as I expected.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

In that build:
* All healers do %25 less healing on targets that have taken any damage within the last 4 seconds
* Mercy's healing nerfed from 55 to 50
* Ana's sleep dart has a 15 second cooldown, up from 10
* Ana's biotic grenade has been nerfed as well, healing down from 100 to 60
* Brig shield-bash stun removed

So supports can't clutch heal, have far fewer defensive abilities, there's no off-tank to peel for them, and DPS are being overtuned. Obviously these are all subject to change, but the fact that they're playing with such widespread nerfs suggests that Blizzard are really keen on making support a miserable role.

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Oct 10, 2021

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
That first one is insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Should've stuck with 1-3-2.