Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

so what's the go right now, some sort of attack while i was asleep? we're going back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
TMUMPO

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Mrs. Dash posted:

I just flipped on network news and they showed a 1 minute bit before commercials showing pictures of soldiers giving afghans at the airport and talking about how the US military is the best because they are the strongest and also the kindest and I feel like I'm living in 9/11 again

[Falling man . Jpg]

it's us and it always has been, it's liberating in a bitersweet and beautiful way, [eckhart tolle slavoj zizek voice] we are all foreverially trapped in the amber of eternal 9/11 nowness, from which there ish, no eshcape

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 17 days!)

tithin posted:

so what's the go right now, some sort of attack while i was asleep? we're going back?

suicide attacks in the crowds at the airport, killed like a dozen US soldiers and who knows how many Afghans.

we're not going back, we're just gonna get more and more talking heads in the media fantasizing about how many bad guys they'd kill and if they were there or if Trump were in charge things would've been different

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Thesaurus posted:

Are there any good authorities for the numbers of afghan casualties over the last 20 years? And the cost to the US?

Sustainable, etc etc

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

if Trump were in charge things would've been different

It's true, Trump would have gone on TV and called the marines losers for getting blown up

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ram dass in hell posted:

[Falling man . Jpg]

it's us and it always has been, it's liberating in a bitersweet and beautiful way, [eckhart tolle slavoj zizek voice] we are all foreverially trapped in the amber of eternal 9/11 nowness, from which there ish, no eshcape

and so on and so on....

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

god do I hate Biden and he caused a lot of this mess for the previous 20 years, but his commitment to ending this crap is incredible. eating poo poo and punches from media, agencies, allies and he's still ending the god forsaken war.

hell he's even taking questions today.

This feels like Biden's Truman moment when he fired Douglas Macarthur.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

etalian posted:

I liked the articles about Kamala bragged how it was her idea.

Similar to how Crooked Hillary believed convincing Obama to get involved in Libya would be her capstone political accomplishment.

She's too stupid to distance herself, and it's going to be beautiful

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

slave to my cravings posted:

Trump would have never allowed this to happen

Nothus posted:

Trump would never have done it

Trump would have done it, and you wouldn't have seen any of it on Fox or any right wing media at all.
He wouldn't give any press conference about it, his press secretaries wouldn't be out either, the only access will be a softball from Hannity or whoever he likes now OAN.
He would mention hes bringing the troops home, how all the afghans love him, the Taliban were great when he met them, the Taliban loved him.
And then within the next 20 sentences after he would have mentioned Hillary, Covid doing great, and calling out a random US governor and/or black female reporter/dem he has a beef with this week.
There would be no evacuations of afghan helpers, just troops and personnel.
Everyone from Dinesh to Tucker would be calling for the Peace Prize for doing so.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

suicide attacks in the crowds at the airport, killed like a dozen US soldiers and who knows how many Afghans.

we're not going back, we're just gonna get more and more talking heads in the media fantasizing about how many bad guys they'd kill and if they were there or if Trump were in charge things would've been different

I haven't seen the updated numbers but at least 60 afgans were killed and a hundred or so more wounded

You don't hear about this in the media because the media doesn't care about the Afgans, no matter how much they are rending their clothes over "abandoning" them

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
DRUMNPH

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Feldegast42 posted:

I haven't seen the updated numbers but at least 60 afgans were killed and a hundred or so more wounded

You don't hear about this in the media because the media doesn't care about the Afgans, no matter how much they are rending their clothes over "abandoning" them

UK news is the same.
Sky News literally said 'No UK people among the killed', didn't give any number and went on 'they came from the British Embassy'.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/MnarMuh/status/1430994409793990658

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Content, homie! - Wall Street

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Dr. Killjoy posted:

can't wait to see whatever Paris By Night schlocky TV special bullshit the future Afghan diaspora community puts out

Şehzades of Centerville

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The Taliban have been utterly defeated and forfeited autonomy. Afghanistan belongs to us forever.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I’m looking forward to a reboot of Homeland bc I really miss manic Juliet, the drone queen

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
since the majority of marines are nazis what are the chances that the ISIS suicide bomber killed nazis in today's blasts

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

since the majority of marines are nazis what are the chances that the ISIS suicide bomber killed nazis in today's blasts

ISIS are the heroes in all of this actually :downs:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ISIS are like a villain created for a movie you need to be able to sell in every country.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Radirot posted:

cry more lib

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/EliLake/status/1430995337599127554?s=20

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Lastgirl posted:

Where N is the ratio of nazis in the Marines,

1-(1-N)^12

Assuming the 12 death toll I'm seeing is correct. In that case, since you specify a majority, it could be a minimum 99.7 percent chance. Otherwise it's 1-(1-N)^M, where M is the number of dead Marines. Plug in 0.5 for N to get your minimum bound.

This assumes the dead are a representive sample of the general tendency of the Marines towards Naziism.

Mr. Lobe has issued a correction as of 01:19 on Aug 27, 2021

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Judakel posted:

cry more lib

lol cute

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Mr. Lobe posted:

Where N is the ratio of nazis in the Marines,

1-(1-N)^12

Assuming the 12 death toll I'm seeing is correct. Otherwise it's 1-(1-N)^M, where M is the number of dead Marines.

This assumes the dead are a representive sample of the general tendency of the Marines towards Naziism.

I legitimately want to try this math out lmao so I'm digging for the stats here possibly

https://twitter.com/brooklynmarie/status/1430914684559921155

Radirot posted:

nah, too early, give em 20 years to rotate out, taliban's time in the sun atm

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

If Biden sticks to his guns and completes the withdrawal, there will be no big payday for western mic vampires.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

This is the deep state turning on Biden. of course they gave the list, how the hell else would the Taliban be deciding who to let through the checkpoints

what part of 'They won' is hard for people to understand

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

We are about to see who will actually win now that a sleeping giant is awoken. This war has just begun.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Lastgirl posted:

I legitimately want to try this math out lmao so I'm digging for the stats here possibly

https://twitter.com/brooklynmarie/status/1430914684559921155

nah, too early, give em 20 years to rotate out, taliban's time in the sun atm

Just keep in mind, it produces a ratio, not a percentage. Plugging in 0.5, a fifty percent chance of each being a nazi, the minimum youd need to overcome for a majority, you get a ratio of about 0.997, or 99.7% chance of at least 1 dead Nazi

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a thousand Helsinkis, a million Munichs

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

This is the deep state turning on Biden. of course they gave the list, how the hell else would the Taliban be deciding who to let through the checkpoints

what part of 'They won' is hard for people to understand

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Looks like the CIA chief had a productive trip. Good for him.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

yeah, whoever is saying that is out for blood against Biden. Utter nonsense.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

but how many pinocchios?

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

a thousand Helsinkis, a million Munichs

Nine hundred and eleven 9/11s

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
https://twitter.com/LucasFoxNews/status/1431033504930877441?s=19

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

My fave is all the poll questions that ask something like 'ARE you in favor of USA leaving Afghanistan EVEN THOUGH it will mean Al Qaeda and terrorism and etc etc' and they still come out mostly Yes, lol

e.g.

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1430474481496170502

Man Musk has issued a correction as of 01:40 on Aug 27, 2021

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Lol I am now 100% sure it was an op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

How convenient.