Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Dango Bango posted:

Also bolding this to ask how/why? Did she violate a policy by going in while sick or something?

Either way, I'm sorry and I hope she at least gets well soon.

I can’t speak to her company, but mine had a policy that you got laid off if you had COVID so you could collect unemployment while quarantining. Then they’d hire you back on once you were done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Since it’s National Dog Day, here’s a cute picture of Ridley after she got a bath recently

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Posted it in a previous chat thread, but since I just put it on ig, enjoy some classic Kora on dog day. Miss this enthusiasm every day when I get home.

https://i.imgur.com/PvtZlmS.mp4

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/08/26/ut-austin-liberty-institute/

Love to see people doing the thing they’re most scared of and nakedly politicizing education.

This president has been trash from the get go

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Aug 27, 2021

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
New puppers for dog day

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

seiferguy posted:

Idiocracy implies a lot of really bad things, and is borderline promoting eugenics (i.e. dumb people shouldn't have kids).

Here's the thing, during the Renaissance (so, like 400 years ago), Rene Descartes said something that made me laugh when I read it for class, I'll have to paraphrase it because I didn't memorize it: The difference between the smartest and dumbest humans is so miniscule that it's laughable. Afterall, the Village Idiot is happier than all of the smart people I know, and he has more kids, so I don't dwell on how much smarter I am than you

E; Thanks for the good doggos, thread

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Here's my doggo I haven't seen since October 2019:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Intruder posted:

New puppers for dog day

gently caress

gently caress

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug

Ornery and Hornery posted:

drat, you’re rich as gently caress. You should adopt a bunch of dogs and give them good lives :)

Eh, lots of parts of Brooklyn are still affordable. I want to adopt all the dogs but to be honest I'll likely only be able to get one, and not a high-energy one (apartment living and all).

Look at this scruffy little adorable guy

Intruder posted:

New puppers for dog day

All of the dogs posted are great dogs but I cannot handle this pup

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

This is the most recent picture I have of a dog. Lulu here is 14. She used to only beg from my father-in-law (because he always caves) but now she's old and she's all, gently caress it, I'm gonna try everybody for treats. We last saw her and my in-laws a few months ago. Enjoys pigs ears and scritches along the sides of her face. Used to like walks but now just wants to be a throw pillow.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Aug 27, 2021

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

you do not, in fact,

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1431066462442119170
:guillotine:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Dango Bango posted:

Also bolding this to ask how/why? Did she violate a policy by going in while sick or something?

Either way, I'm sorry and I hope she at least gets well soon.

Right to work state. Because they can.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

gently caress

gently caress

I wanted to name him Wrex for obvious reasons :haw: Well obvious here maybe, anyone else would think it was Rex and I was doing the stupid spelling a name weird thing

The kids and I made a list of names and ended up settling on Hunter

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
My girlfriend's parent's dog, closest thing I have to a doggo now:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I had a hearty chuckle at the big round head haircut. Good doggo, would pet

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/ElaheIzadi/status/1431017855730995200

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Intruder posted:

New puppers for dog day

Sorry Addie youve been replaced

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Intruder posted:

New puppers for dog day

Look at this Disney level poo poo my god

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Sorry Addie youve been replaced

Old and Busted: Addie

New Hotness: This puppers

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Intruder posted:

New puppers for dog day

LOOK AT THE BABY. OMG. LOOK AT HIM.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Intruder posted:

New puppers for dog day

This dog has my sword.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Y'all gettin played. That dog is fake. Probably viral advertising for a new Disney+ show.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
from the Seattle thread

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

The Mariners are doing a promotion tonight where they gave a number of attendees a free baguette because there's a player named Ty France on the team.

Then they had a broadcaster out in the stands standing next to a person dressed up as a cup of French fries and Marie Antoinette.

Lots going on here.

I remember going to mariners games as a kid and getting a free baseball bat. I don't think they were full sized, but they were big enough a child could actually use them to hit balls in their back yard.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
This is why I lease my puppies, new models are always so exciting

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

My darling fake-rear end, muppet-looking dog Marge has matured from this little floof to the 9-year old, eternal good sport and goodest girl.

Although she has backslid from second to third place with my daughter I couldn't have asked for a better not-sister sister for my kiddo (who is desperately, hopelessly obsessed with her).

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Skwirl posted:

from the Seattle thread

I remember going to mariners games as a kid and getting a free baseball bat. I don't think they were full sized, but they were big enough a child could actually use them to hit balls in their back yard.

goms binch

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

:haibrow:

Ah crap, the accidental run of the Supreme Court doing not-awful things is done. Knew it couldn’t last forever.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

harperdc posted:

:haibrow:

Ah crap, the accidental run of the Supreme Court doing not-awful things is done. Knew it couldn’t last forever.

I think this is the last chance for accelerationists to be proven right. Millions of people being evicted in an incredibly short period either has to produce massive social change or we just become feudal Europe.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Wait, there was a terrorist attack in Kabul?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

General Dog posted:

Wait, there was a terrorist attack in Kabul?

I mean, is it terrorist if it's done by the ruling government on their territory?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

I mean, is it terrorist if it's done by the ruling government on their territory?

No.

Edit: to clarify, terrorism is by definition only done by non state agencies.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
If it kills Americans on foreign soil it’s terrorism (unless it was other Americans, refer to table D)

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Its Rinaldo posted:

Still yes, but it wasn't conducted by the taliban apparently. ISIS is taking credit.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Still yes, but it wasn't conducted by the taliban apparently. ISIS is taking credit.

Yeah, then it's terroism.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

General Dog posted:

If it kills Americans on foreign soil it’s terrorism (unless it was other Americans, refer to table D)

Wait, what about if it kills Americans on American soil? Was 9/11 not terrorism?

or did you forget about that

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

There isn't any real advantage to the Taliban doing it anyway right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Todd Starnes wants us to glass an entire Afghan city for each American life lost in the terrorist attack, if you were ever curious what the Brown Person:Are Troop life value ratio was to these loving bloodthirsty shitbags.