Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

i grew up on a near subsistence farm and lemme tell ya folks it loving sucks rear end and anyone who sits around pining for it is a certified dipshit

Nah mate, rural suicides being insanely high is just a coincidence.

Also, eternal debt and money worries.

Also, levels of alcohol and drug abuse.

And, let's not forget the spousal abuse!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

RBC posted:

what happened to soylent

is that still a thing with all the computer people working at home

i'm sure computer nerds are definitely still poisoning themselves with heavy metals.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
:rock:

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Failed Imagineer posted:

In the future, everyone will have access to 3 square meals a day

https://twitter.com/alth0u/status/1429987565390635044?s=19

the yellow ones are the best

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

i grew up on a near subsistence farm and lemme tell ya folks it loving sucks rear end and anyone who sits around pining for it is a certified dipshit

I tend to think this is accurate but where are they handing out these certifications, I know some people in need

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Failed Imagineer posted:

In the future, everyone will have access to 3 square meals a day

https://twitter.com/alth0u/status/1429987565390635044?s=19

the chicken and v burger both have the same air bubbles in the same corner??

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I genuinely would love 3 nutrition blocks as my diet. I am too overwhelmed by choice and then default to being a controlless fatty.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

i am harry posted:

Appears to be a not entirely real product, but that doesn't stop Elon Musk being a mega-billionaire so

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Who doesn't love food cubes?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

i am harry posted:

And the same taste!

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
Not a computer toucher but I started a hobby farm to supplement our food on my 1/4 acre and its been incredibly rewarding despite being a bit of hard work.

Plan on scaling it a bit bigger when we eventually sell up and move south.

Transforming a bit of land from lovely clay to productive, healthy soil has been fantastic.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Whenever my dad would go out to southern california for work stuff he'd stop by a lavender farm and get some nice lavender products. When we finally went out there on vacation with the whole family, we stopped by too and talked to the guy. He was apparently some Cisco dude who had made a bunch of money designing their circuit boards for their top of the line networking stuff back in the 90's and then retired to cosplay as a farmer.

I distinctly remember him describing the whole farming process in the first person, then getting to the harvesting stage and suddenly migrant workers were doing everything.

Kernel Sanders
Sep 15, 2020

hold on to your buttes

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Marenghi posted:

https://twitter.com/sharerliners/status/1430427477843795968

Who could predict if the rents too high for your low paid workers, you're gonna have a hard time finding them to hire

no, you see, they have help wanted signs because people are making more to sit on their rear end at home than go work so we need to end federal unemployment benefits and force the wage slaves back into their places.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
oh, wait, you're telling me that ending unemployment didn't suddenly fill all the open positions? oh, everyone that worked those jobs died or moved to a less exploitative career? that certainly can't be correct.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Shame Boy posted:

Whenever my dad would go out to southern california for work stuff he'd stop by a lavender farm and get some nice lavender products. When we finally went out there on vacation with the whole family, we stopped by too and talked to the guy. He was apparently some Cisco dude who had made a bunch of money designing their circuit boards for their top of the line networking stuff back in the 90's and then retired to cosplay as a farmer.

I distinctly remember him describing the whole farming process in the first person, then getting to the harvesting stage and suddenly migrant workers were doing everything.

reminds me of that secret religious movie that came out just before covid about a family that did that and the trailer was showing off all the hard work this white family was putting into the family farm while out of focus in the background you could occasionally see the migrant workers

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1430893176953327619?s=20

I really hope MLK has an in-game model and you can make him do the dab animation

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

There's so much like, 12 year olds on club penguin logic in the replies

https://twitter.com/TheIcyGamerKid/status/1430949092222504964

They wouldn't make a skin of MLK to sell, because that would be wrong.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Shame Boy posted:

There's so much like, 12 year olds on club penguin logic in the replies

https://twitter.com/TheIcyGamerKid/status/1430949092222504964

They wouldn't make a skin of MLK to sell, because that would be wrong.

I am glad that kids growing in this world are still able to be optimistic lmao

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/s1ms5/status/1430907817678934021
https://twitter.com/Mlickles/status/1430923368237252609

Excellent.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Failed Imagineer posted:

Appears to be a not entirely real product, but that doesn't stop Elon Musk being a mega-billionaire so

so they added the air bubbles but didn’t spring for any different molds

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Crosspostin' this from the 'pos

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Shame Boy posted:

Crosspostin' this from the 'pos

gently caress offffffffff god drat lady

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

best bit - Gabrielle Peterson is a Chicago-based writer and editor who works in the urban design industry.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

shrike82 posted:

Gabrielle Peterson...works in the urban design industry.

Well, maybe not anymore.

https://twitter.com/kittynouveau/status/1430654063046270985

:lol:

Reverend Zero
Mar 8, 2006

i am harry posted:

lol look at the top of the v burger they just darkened the chicken in photoshop and added some kind of layer of ...fluid...on top

the longer you look at it the worse it gets

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
How do we make our game more woke?

I know, let's have the I Have A Dream speech playing ceaselessly on repeat on giant TVs in game. The kids love Martin Luther King!

:hmmyes:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

skooma512 posted:

How do we make our game more woke?

I know, let's have the I Have A Dream speech playing ceaselessly on repeat on giant TVs in game. The kids love Martin Luther King!

:hmmyes:

Martin Luther King? You mean that guy from Fortnite?

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I can't get over how lovely the HUD looks in those videos. this game has an infinite budget

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

White people need to listen to Letter from Birmingham Jail, not I Have A Dream. Yeah, yeah, it's an essay, bite me.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
birmingham jail level in among us when

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
infinite budget also means needs to be able to run ona 50dollar phone

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Arsenic Lupin posted:

White people need to listen to Letter from Birmingham Jail, not I Have A Dream. Yeah, yeah, it's an essay, bite me.

Reading is for nerds, not the definitely cool kids in Fortnite.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1431244339011854337

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

this reminds me of my buddy who did IT support for a private boarding school in Vietnam.

one day he found a locked room full of brand new computers all boxed up and he asked the head guy (who was a retired Vietnamese general)why the students haven't had access to them and he said the students would just ruin the computers.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

That's gotta be a made-up justification to make some other worse reason more marketable (at least to idiot conservatives) right? Cuz like, it's not like the kids are the ones who have to pay for the lunches, so that reasoning just falls to bits if you think about it for more than a second.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

this reminds me of my buddy who did IT support for a private boarding school in Vietnam.

one day he found a locked room full of brand new computers all boxed up and he asked the head guy (who was a retired Vietnamese general)why the students haven't had access to them and he said the students would just ruin the computers.

If it's a private boarding school in Asia, odds are the kids have an ipod at the age of four.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Shame Boy posted:

That's gotta be a made-up justification to make some other worse reason more marketable (at least to idiot conservatives) right? Cuz like, it's not like the kids are the ones who have to pay for the lunches, so that reasoning just falls to bits if you think about it for more than a second.

It's not about making sense, it's about hurting people, and they don't give a single gently caress if the reasoing falls apart.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Like I gotta imagine that accepting the free/reduced price funding means something like they'd have to open their lunch budget to oversight and then the feds would find out the superintendent has been artificially inflating the price of mashed potato shipments and skimming the money off to pay for his weekend cocaine binges or whatever.

e:

Biplane posted:

It's not about making sense, it's about hurting people, and they don't give a single gently caress if the reasoing falls apart.

That's the thing, it really doesn't even feel like a Just Plain Cruelty thing to me either, it feels like they're hiding something and had to come up with a reason on the spot when a reporter asked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Forceholy posted:

If it's a private boarding school in Asia, odds are the kids have an ipod at the age of four.

well this was in 2003 so I dunno