Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Oh yeah it doesn't affect me when playing or anything.

I said at the beginning it's only because PC parts cost so much now I'm neurotic. I even underclock my 2080ti a bit. It just a weird thing for me, thanks though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

insane anime posted:

I would beat the fhcuking poo poo out of all of you noobs.

I will not at all refute this claim

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

xZAOx posted:

Ran normal Maelstrom again today. Dropped FOUR weapons. So if you still need yours, this is the event to grind it.

I just wish it didn't take me like 50 loving minutes. I had a couple of goofs, but I can't really see it under 35-40, maybe 30 when I compete the rest of my gear.

Not even gonna try vet, heh.

I've only ran Maestrom ages ago maybe once or twice and was wondering; are weapons something that usually only drop in vet? What's the difference between vet and normal, just blue or purple reward quality?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Fewd posted:

I've only ran Maestrom ages ago maybe once or twice and was wondering; are weapons something that usually only drop in vet? What's the difference between vet and normal, just blue or purple reward quality?
They used to only drop in vet, now they drop in both. The vet versions are "perfected" which is slightly higher quality, yeah.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

They used to only drop in vet, now they drop in both. The vet versions are "perfected" which is slightly higher quality, yeah.

Normal weapons drop on normal, perfected on vet.

Perfected stuff has 1 extra bonus that normal doesn't have, and those bonuses are largely negligible.

Most of the time, you're fine with normal.

Here's a common example:

Maelstrom staves are the standard backbar of p much every mag dps.

The reason being that MA destro staves give you bonus damage against everything standing in your wall of elements aoe. So the typical use is you drop your wall on your back bar, then swap and do your thing on front bar while wall of elements keeps chugging along procing your backbar enchant and the maelstrom bonus while you use front bar abilities/set bonuses.

This works exactly the same whether you have a normal MA staff or a perfected one. Zero difference between the two.

A perfected staff has the above bonus but also gives you about 1k spell penetration. Which only applies while you're on your backbar, which you typically only swap to just long enough to refresh your wall, dots, and whatever buffs you keep back there before swapping back to front bar.

So that bonus is largely useless.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

I try to avoid the imperial city stuff because it takes sooooo goddamn long to get from your base to the city and back through the sewers. I assume I am missing some kind of shortcuts??

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Doctor Zero posted:

I try to avoid the imperial city stuff because it takes sooooo goddamn long to get from your base to the city and back through the sewers. I assume I am missing some kind of shortcuts??

As someone who doesn't PVP, the whole thing was pretty confusing to navigate to me, but I figured it out. Here's a quick "I don't know what I'm doing" guide:

- Top menu, next to groups / guilds / etc, go to alliance, pick an IC campaign, and queue for one. Probably one that's either really empty or your faction is high.
- Now you're in the sewers. For the "kill a group event" you can just go to a boss in the sewers near where you spawned in, it's most likely your faction around.
- Go back to where you spawned in. it's not marked, but there's a door in that base that will take you back to the real world
- Go deeper into your base. In one of those spots there's a bunch of ladders and ropes going up. They each tell you what district it is. If you look at the IC map, you can see bases around the circle, and that tells you what the district name is and who has it.
- Pop up there and grab a daily. Go do it. Good luck.
- Once done, go back to your district base, find the hatch back into the sewers
- Then go to the exit door

When you're used to just wayshrining around, the whole thing is a lot more opaque. None of those things are marked on the map beyond "base".

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

xZAOx posted:

- Go deeper into your base. In one of those spots there's a bunch of ladders and ropes going up.

Hollllly poo poo. Thank you! That's what I was missing. :cheers:

quote:

Go back to where you spawned in. it's not marked, but there's a door in that base that will take you back to the real world

This took me - literally - like a whole hour to figure out. I was ready to delete the game since you can't port out of the base, and there is absolutely no indication or description of how to get back to the real world. I tried relogging my character and restarting the game because I thought it was a bug. Ran around for waaaay too long before I finally googled it, and STILL took me forever to find the goddamn door. I can understand not letting you port out of the battlefield, but why the hell would they not let you port out of the base???

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

To go to the daily quests:
use the ladders, they're near your bank in the base. They take you to a safe quest pickup zone, those are the dailies that give tickets. The turn in is in the base.

The other shortcut that everyone uses is :
port to cyrodill.
When you're done in IC if you don't want to use the sewers, queue up for a cyro campaign and walk through a door changing zones to get the temp invincibility while you wait.
It'll port you to cyro when it pops then queue back for IC and you'll be in your base and can turn in the quest.
Then walk out of the base back to where you started.

This also works in reverse if you're in the middle of nowhere in cyro and want to get back.

If you don't have much telvar you can also get yourself killed and basically pay half your telvar to go back to the base.

Peaceful Anarchy fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Aug 27, 2021

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

To go to the daily quests:
use the ladders, they're near your bank in the base. They take you to a safe quest pickup zone, those are the dailies that give tickets. The turn in is in the base.

The other shortcut that everyone uses is :
port to cyrodill.
When you're done in IC if you don't want to use the sewers, queue up for a cyro campaign and walk through a door changing zones to get the temp invincibility while you wait.
It'll port you to cyro when it pops then queue back for IC and you'll be in your base and can turn in the quest.
Then walk out of the base back to where you started.

This also works in reverse if you're in the middle of nowhere in cyro and want to get back.

If you don't have much telvar you can also get yourself killed and basically pay half your telvar to go back to the base.

gently caress that's brilliant. thanks!

longtimelurker
Mar 12, 2006

Powered by alcohol

Skrying isn't explained terribly well. Do I just go to the zone and start clearing dungeons?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

longtimelurker posted:

Skrying isn't explained terribly well. Do I just go to the zone and start clearing dungeons?
Scrying? It has very little to do with dungeons. Each zone has:
1. A basic Green, Blue and Purple lead. There are just treasure, purple only occurs once.
2. Some combo of purple and Gold Furnishing leads. These are generally from picking up stuff.
3. Ancestral motifs: These come from treasure map chests.

4. There are also mythic leads that are tied to specific dungeon or delve bosses or mobs.

1 is always there, Blue unlocks by digging up green, purple by digging up blue
2. These just pop up randomly by picking up loot and nodes and chests in a zone.
3. These you have to search out treasure map chests
4. These you should look up outside the game and do what you need to get what you want. Hoping to stumble on them will leave you with a lot of gaps.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Gosh, this game is pretty. And I'm enjoying dress-up!

Random thoughts:

- I need to pick a mini-map add-on already
- Morrowind is WAY too full of grass/greenery but is otherwise really pretty.
- I still have too many quests. Running around trying to finish off the prologue ones and the "welcome to the zone" ones. Which is to say, sorry Vivec you literal god thanks for the gold BYE I'll help you with your quest stuff later
- Doing two daily event ticket-getting things a day, gonna get that cool pet eventually!!

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

StrixNebulosa posted:

And I'm enjoying dress-up!
Watch out, that's how the game gets you. Then you'll find you spent millions of gold on motifs and style pages.

quote:

- Doing two daily event ticket-getting things a day, gonna get that cool pet eventually!!
Remember 12 is the max tickets you can hold at a time, so spend them once you get to 10.

Also, the events in Oct/Nov/Dec will let you turn the pet into a big deadric plot of land for a house. Don'
t worry, you can get another pet after.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Wait what's this cool pet that turns into a house?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Barreft posted:

Wait what's this cool pet that turns into a house?
The events give you tickets. Those tickets can buy:
1. The motif pages that can also drop from from coffers, so generally best not to buy these.
2. Fragments for an unstable morpholith pet. There are three fragments, 5 tickets each.
3. Fragments that allow you to morph the pet into something else
4. Group repair kit, this is for when you have nothing else to buy.
5. Some events also have other things like furnishings or pets, these can generally also be gotten without tickets.

This event and the next (Blackwood event), let you morph the pet into a Gryphon mount. If you've just started and don't have Blackwood you won't be able to do this for now, but may have another chance at year's end.

The following three events Halloween (confirmed), Undaunted(?unconfirmed) and New Life(certain), will have fragments that will grant you a house, although there's no building in this house, just a big deadric plot of land and lava.

In this event you should be able to get 24/26 tickets, so you should get the 3 morpholith fragments and, if you can, one of the Gryphon pieces. If you own blackwood you'll be able to get the other two gryphon pieces in September. If not you won't be able to participate in that even, but you'll still be able to get the house in Oct/Nov/Dec. Once you create the pet you can collect the fragments again, and once you morph it you can create another pet.

Spend the event tickets at the impressario, it shows up as a calendar on the map, there's one in vivec city, just outside the city gates north of the wayshrine. Most zones have an impressario tent, but that's the one I use.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Am I misreading you, or do I have to choose between cool house and gryphon pet? Because I really, REALLY want that gryphon pet. (I do not own Blackwood... yet. Hm.)

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
You have to choose, but you can get the parts again for another, at least in theory. Depends on if the fragments commune to be on the vendor in future events.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Am I misreading you, or do I have to choose between cool house and gryphon pet? Because I really, REALLY want that gryphon pet. (I do not own Blackwood... yet. Hm.)
The gryphon is a mount. You CAN get both, but if you don't own blackwood you won't be able to earn tickets to get it until the end of the year. It's tight because you missed the first event of this round from July.

If you want the Gryphon but don't own Blackwood you'll have to do the following.
Get the morpholith (15 tickets)
If you've earned all the tickets so far, and you get all the remaining tickets, you'll be able to buy one piece out of three for the Gryphon. (1 ticket leftover)
Blackwood event: you won't be able to participate.
Witches Festival: Should have 26 tickets available.
You'll be able to buy the first 2 house fragments, plus one piece of the morph pet. (2 tickets leftover)

Novemeber event: Unanounced, but should have 26 tickets as well
This will allow you to get one more piece for the house (10 tickets)
and two more morph pet pieces (10 tickets)
8 tickets leftover

New life festival: (unknown number of tickets, but has 57 tickets last year)
that would allow you to get:
the two remaining house pieces (20 tickets)
the two gryphon pieces you'll still be missing (20 tickets)
and still have 17+8 tickets leftover to get another floating rock pet if you want.

The number of tickets available for New life is a guess, as is the fact that they'll bring back the mount pieces, but there's enough leeway in the number of tickets that I wouldn't be concerned there even if it's a couple of days shorter, and they've always brought back the year's parts so I would feel pretty confident about that.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

The gryphon is a mount. You CAN get both, but if you don't own blackwood you won't be able to earn tickets to get it until the end of the year. It's tight because you missed the first event of this round from July.

If you want the Gryphon but don't own Blackwood you'll have to do the following.
Get the morpholith (15 tickets)
If you've earned all the tickets so far, and you get all the remaining tickets, you'll be able to buy one piece out of three for the Gryphon. (1 ticket leftover)
Blackwood event: you won't be able to participate.
Witches Festival: Should have 26 tickets available.
You'll be able to buy the first 2 house fragments, plus one piece of the morph pet. (2 tickets leftover)

Novemeber event: Unanounced, but should have 26 tickets as well
This will allow you to get one more piece for the house (10 tickets)
and two more morph pet pieces (10 tickets)
8 tickets leftover

New life festival: (unknown number of tickets, but has 57 tickets last year)
that would allow you to get:
the two remaining house pieces (20 tickets)
the two gryphon pieces you'll still be missing (20 tickets)
and still have 17+8 tickets leftover to get another floating rock pet if you want.

The number of tickets available for New life is a guess, as is the fact that they'll bring back the mount pieces, but there's enough leeway in the number of tickets that I wouldn't be concerned there even if it's a couple of days shorter, and they've always brought back the year's parts so I would feel pretty confident about that.

Thank you for this. As long as the event tickets remain relatively easy to get I'll keep at it, aiming for the gryphon ala that plan, and the house. I am NOT buying Blackwood, I don't need to spend that kind of money when I'm already on ESO+.

The biggest obstacles will be my attention span, if I do any holiday traveling (if events land on holidays) and if Zenimax decides to gently caress around and mess with this plan. We'll see!

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

The witches fest and new life tickets will be easy to get, those are annual repeat events aim to be inclusive.
If the November event is undaunted you have to complete a dungeon, that's a little harder but shouldn't be hard, especially if you group up. If it's something else then it's up in the air, but event tickets are generally pretty easy to get.

The November event may or may not overlap thanksgiving, but the New life festival will go from mid december to early Jan, so it'll overlap. But those quests are pretty short.

Edit: Oh, I should add, the last day of tickets is an 8 hour day, from 2AMEST to 10AM EST, so getting those last two tickets can be a bit annoying depending on your timezone. You can predo the appropriate quests and not turn them in, which means you only need to login and turn in and can get them done in a couple of minutes.

Peaceful Anarchy fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Aug 29, 2021

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

I quit vet Maelstrom at lava world, weep for me thread.

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Aug 29, 2021

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

how do I grind undaunted?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Potato Salad posted:

how do I grind undaunted?

Do dungeon achievements if you're wanting to grind. Queue up for any dungeons you haven't completed. Vet mode and HM give more. Browse your achievements to see what else you can grind.

Each day do the three pledges and the delve daily. You pick those up at the undaunted camp. I go to the one just sw of the main city in Grahtwood.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

question on that event pet/mount thing.

Where do I get Black Iron Stirrups? The Impresario guy has all the other items

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Barreft posted:

question on that event pet/mount thing.

Where do I get Black Iron Stirrups? The Impresario guy has all the other items
The Blackwood event in a month, they're not available yet. Same with the 5 pieces there will be for the house. I don't know if it'll be 2,2,1 or 2,1,2 but they'll be doled out so that you can't complete it until the 3rd event of the quarter.

In the last event, in July, only the feather was available.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Baron Porkface posted:

I quit vet Maelstrom at lava world, weep for me thread.

I just cleared normal Maelstrom for the first time today, I can only imagine the nightmare that vet Maelstrom is. On the brighter side, I only died three times and they were all due to screwing up the specific mechanics (spider swarm, poison stacks, and letting them summon the Bone Golem during the final phase of the last boss).

I'm also six ranks into these terrible, terrible Psijic guild quests. I will finish these jerks.

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Aug 29, 2021

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

The game IS really pretty.

longtimelurker
Mar 12, 2006