Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

zimbomonkey posted:

it's weird because they seem to be very pro-social Justice and all that but then they stan the Saudi Arabia company whose ceo said the n word.

but aew is too white

Vince said it with an A at the end.

Like that teacher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Oh wow, 2005 Internet, those were the days.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Stephanie McMahon: "You see, the name on the contract does say...."

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Was she also the one who sincerely said that AEW's roster—the early version pre-COVID—was particularly diverse because it had "AN ACTUAL loving DINOSAUR" or was that someone else?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

davidbix posted:

Was she also the one who sincerely said that AEW's roster—the early version pre-COVID—was particularly diverse because it had "AN ACTUAL loving DINOSAUR" or was that someone else?

No she's the one who thought Abadon had 15 years of experience because she looked up the cagematch profile of someone else.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Sounds like something only Luchasaurus would say.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

zimbomonkey posted:

it's weird because they seem to be very pro-social Justice and all that but then they stan the Saudi Arabia company whose ceo said the n word.

but aew is too white

Having looked at their Twitter feed, as well as that of Lindsay Kelk's, I'm guessing they're going for that "nerd podcast that gets hired/comped/sent tons of free merch by the corpos that they stan for" type of gravy train

Hopefully they'll eventually have a meltdown similar to the one guy who felt slighted by Disney over not getting to see some Star Wars or Marvel movie or whatever, after putting in numerous hours licking their arses on his podcast

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
thank you for just explaining Annual Pass to me because I was not getting that poo poo at all

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

zimbomonkey posted:

but aew is too white

Its not just them as well: I remember around the time of Crown Jewel coming across a twitter account full of very progressive Social Justice issues (rightly so) but also they continually defended the WWE going to Saudi Arabia. I vaguely remember it being framed as a progressive thing as well - or rather the main reason why people would oppose it was because they hated Saudi fans because they weren't white or something along those lines: it was absolutely ludicrous. It comes from a thing where some people that have very progressive political views they are proud of can't handle supporting a promotion (or company or sporting club or wider sport to take it beyond wrestling) that also doesn't have those views so they almost have to rationalise it by spinning it in those terms - I hope that makes sense. I think you also see this with AEW as well - although with them its less silly because they aren't taking blood money from a brutal theocracy, and don't have the history of extreme racism that WWE do.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol remember the dude we got here that wound up hitting us with the "you're all racist against Saudi Arabia" takes that literally wound up being an employee of Vision 2030?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

MJeff posted:

lol remember the dude we got here that wound up hitting us with the "you're all racist against Saudi Arabia" takes that literally wound up being an employee of Vision 2030?

Good ol' Mel Mudkipper

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Some people say things because they believe it, some say it because it's the hallmarks of "a good person".

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

(deleted)

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Good ol' Mel Mudkipper

wait what

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the reason mel ran away from the forum a couple years ago was because he was concern trolling in this forum about people being racist for criticizing the WWE running shows in Saudi Arabia and then people found out that his job was to teach English to Saudi oil company workers

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Alaois posted:

the reason mel ran away from the forum a couple years ago was because he was concern trolling in this forum about people being racist for criticizing the WWE running shows in Saudi Arabia and then people found out that his job was to teach English to Saudi oil company workers

Which happened at roughly the same time as the Streetbeefs thread saga, which was also Mel.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, in the interest of truth Mel just taught the kids of people involved with Vision 2030. But just a big meltdown while the thread honestly and surprising was being tactful about saying they were mad at the government.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

CommonShore posted:

Which happened at roughly the same time as the Streetbeefs thread saga, which was also Mel.

I miss the Streetbeefs thread.

I wonder what RISING PHOENIX is up to these days...

Assenayo
Aug 25, 2021

davidbix posted:

That was the wife half of the very grating Wrestle Joy couple

davius_xw
Aug 23, 2021

Assenayo posted:

That was the wife half of the very grating Wrestle Joy couple

"They love AEW...maybe a little bit too much" -BBT on Wrestlejoy from the post-Rampage scrum last week

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

A talking coyote posted:

Treated like a complete jobber for her entire tenure and fired for not being blonde with big tits in wwe’s new diva’s revolution.

AEW better not screw this up! :jerkbag:

https://twitter.com/tightsfights/status/1430240955836235776?s=21

Nothing has happened yet. I used to like tights and fights until i got trolled for confusing nat and another wwe wrestler and was like gently caress this

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Mel also denied being part of Vision 2030 at first until someone pointed out that it was the only way he could be working in the country in the capacity he described.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Things are confusing if you don't actually watch them who knew?

(Though tbf this is WWE content so it would probably still be confusing, and I certainly don't blame anyone not watching it.)

https://twitter.com/phsycosis182/status/1430659132345004032?s=20

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

How are they still doing dumb stuff with this guy? How has he not gone back to bagging groceries yet?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

sticklefifer posted:

Why is it that the "telling it like it is" people never actually tell it like it is?

because it's a dogwhistle

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

sticklefifer posted:

Why is it that the "telling it like it is" people never actually tell it like it is?

"Telling it like it is" is just shorthand for "I'm going to say something that reinforces your lovely, incorrect beliefs". In this case, Booker's saying something that reinforces Vince's lovely, incorrect beliefs (that Punk was never a draw).

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/StephanieHypes/status/1430690731681742850?s=20

So many of the replies agree with this ...

The only reason I can make that they're believing this is because since AEW is doing so well, and WWE isn't, by saying that they're working together, means WWE is also doing well.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
We don't see enough Facebook in here

Ah I see we should keep it that way.:ohno:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that guy is telling it like it is

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jesus that's the kinda person I wouldn't want to know that I exist. loving scary

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Surprised he's not mad at her instead, in true incel fashion.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Davros1 posted:

The only reason I can make that they're believing this is because since AEW is doing so well, and WWE isn't, by saying that they're working together, means WWE is also doing well.

Oh god, there's still people who go on about this?
I bring this poo poo up as a joke because I think at this point everyone has wisened up about this Russo level take. But apparently not.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's probably more that they can't fathom why anyone would leave WWE for AEW, or talk poo poo about how poorly they were treated, so they need to justify it somehow. Like how could Punk not come back to WWE, the fed that made him a household name? How could Bryan not re-sign? How could Mox and Jericho go anywhere else? Clearly it must be because they actually ARE in WWE! :downs:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Shinjobi posted:

I would love to know what he decided after graduating high school.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Davros1 posted:

The office I'm working out of this week has a casual wrestling fan that doesn't make the distinction between AEW and WWE. It took me a few minutes to figure out what PPV he "thought the ending sucked" because we were talking about AEW(a marketing guy got front row to the 2019 All Out and got VERY rowdy).

And usually when I talk about wrestling I just say The Wrestling. Or rassling. That way I don't have to really go into details about how I chiefly enjoy stuff done in abandoned dentists offices, pawn shop parking lots or dingy florida thrash bars.

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009

coconono posted:

And usually when I talk about wrestling I just say The Wrestling. Or rassling. That way I don't have to really go into details about how I chiefly enjoy stuff done in abandoned dentists offices, pawn shop parking lots or dingy florida thrash bars.

I really want to have a conversation with my coworkers about Zona 23

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

Strong, "I would drink her bathwater" energy.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/floydspanx/status/1431060852707192832

Martha literally sued the company and refuses to let them put Owen in their fake HOF, but since she didn't cut promos on TV I guess that doesn't count as "talking poo poo"

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/floydspanx/status/1431060852707192832

Martha literally sued the company and refuses to let them put Owen in their fake HOF, but since she didn't cut promos on TV I guess that doesn't count as "talking poo poo"
Well he's right about the Wrestlemania main event - "no future"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
How do you go about pretending to be that ignorant about the Owen Hart situation at this point?