Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Android Apocalypse posted:

IIRC that was the whole premise of Logan.

Yes and no. Due to time fuckery Old Man Logan has appeared in mainstream Marvel continuity during a recent period where the original Logan was dead and X-23 had rebranded as the new Wolverine. So it's possible to both have a 60 year old Jackman play the part and respect the X-Men movie continuity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
There's no way Jackman is coming back to do Old Man Logan again. He was extremely satisfied with how Logan ended up and he's not gonna risk ruining it. And he's still getting regular work as a leading man so I can't imagine he'll be desperate for money any time soon.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
If Reynolds couldn't get him to play Logan by throwing bags of money at him, I doubt anyone else can. The studio would have went apeshit and agreed to pretty much anything if he said "I'll wear the claws again" because it's the equivalent of a money printing machine.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Unrelated, Jackman was pretty darn good in Reminiscence. My only IIMM was that since it's a noir film there's narrator voiceover. I know it's a classic trope for that genre, but a part of me wishes for a version that omitted it, a la the director's cut of Blade Runner.

I thought their justification for how the memories were in third person was kind of stupid.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
In Superman II from 1980 Superman gives up his powers to be with Lois but it is never actually explained or motivated. It makes absolutely no sense what so ever, his space computer mom just says "If you're gonna be with a mortal you gotta be mortal" and completely ignoring the fact that she fell in love with Superman as well as Clark Kent he just ditches who he was because some hologram tells him to, no questions asked.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

muscles like this! posted:

I thought their justification for how the memories were in third person was kind of stupid.

Yeah, Strange Days did it better as it was all 1st person (which made a lot more sense).

There was that pretty cool moment where Mae sends a message to Nick by "talking" to him via Cyrus.

Man with Hat posted:

In Superman II from 1980 Superman gives up his powers to be with Lois but it is never actually explained or motivated. It makes absolutely no sense what so ever, his space computer mom just says "If you're gonna be with a mortal you gotta be mortal" and completely ignoring the fact that she fell in love with Superman as well as Clark Kent he just ditches who he was because some hologram tells him to, no questions asked.

Superman would've literally blown out Lois' back walls if they boned.

Never underestimate the stupid poo poo people do when they're horny, even Kryptonians.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

She could have pegged him.

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

OwlFancier posted:

She could have pegged him.

What would the dildo need to be made of for when his super sphincter bears down? Because if he is constantly sheering those off inside himself, that would defeat any flared base.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

jjack229 posted:

What would the dildo need to be made of for when his super sphincter bears down? Because if he is constantly sheering those off inside himself, that would defeat any flared base.

Kryptonite.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Surely it doesn't matter, since he can poop with strength enough to fire that thing back out again like a harpoon.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Clark def needs some Kryptonian muscle relaxers, lest his Starro The Conqueror will be clenched up so tight nothing would get thru.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Superman would've literally blown out Lois' back walls if they boned.

Never underestimate the stupid poo poo people do when they're horny, even Kryptonians.

http://www.rawbw.com/~svw/superman.html

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Van Helsing would be a lot more fun if Hugh Jackman was interested in the role even a little.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Wolverine wasn't in X-Men: Apocalypse either.

Few people saw that too.

I gotta admit I think they should use X-23 when Disney reboots X-Men, but OG Logan is too big of a character to let sit fallow.

He was in that in his weapon x gear

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Man with Hat posted:

To be fair, that depiction of the character is iirc mostly based on Silver Age Superman, for whom there was never any plot device too contrived, and his secret identity was sacrosanct to completely ridiculous degrees like the point where Superman keeps it secret from her while they're married (in 'imaginary stories', that is).

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something else that annoyed me about Reminisence is how a big part of the setting is that climate change caused the oceans to rise and how the daytime is too hot in Miami so everybody does stuff at night but this isn't reflected in the clothing at all. Nobody dresses like it is hot out, in fact Hugh Jackman spends like the entire movie in a suit.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Something else that annoyed me about Reminisence is how a big part of the setting is that climate change caused the oceans to rise and how the daytime is too hot in Miami so everybody does stuff at night but this isn't reflected in the clothing at all. Nobody dresses like it is hot out, in fact Hugh Jackman spends like the entire movie in a suit.

I figured Jackman's character Nick just got used to the heat. Or it was set during the winter.

The power move would've been to have him wear a linen suit.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Everyone needed to be sweaty

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Knock Knock: Keanu Reeves' character is raped and the footage is spread on social medias. Which is played for laughs.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What kind of loving joke was that?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What kind of loving joke was that?

He tries to delete the footage and accidentally hit the like button instead

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
You're terrible at knock-knock jokes.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I think people are a bit too closed-minded when they meet Pinhead and the cenobite crew. It is a bit of a hard sell, but they aren't unfriendly really, they genuinely want to show you the sights that they enjoy. Maybe give them and their lifestyle a chance before freaking out and screaming.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I think people are a bit too closed-minded when they meet Pinhead and the cenobite crew. It is a bit of a hard sell, but they aren't unfriendly really, they genuinely want to show you the sights that they enjoy. Maybe give them and their lifestyle a chance before freaking out and screaming.

Yeah they can come on a bit strong but they're just very passionate.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
Everyone who joins them seems to want to recruit others. Can't be that bad!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Armacham posted:

Everyone who joins them seems to want to recruit others. Can't be that bad!

nah every ARG is like that, lots of super excited participants but it always ends up the same way- solving boring puzzles and being a big pain

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Tunicate posted:

nah every ARG is like that, lots of super excited participants but it always ends up the same way- solving boring puzzles and being a big pain

It's more of an AAAARRGG, but I get your point.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Jedit posted:

It's more of an AAAARRGG, but I get your point.

jesus wept

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Memento posted:

jesus wept

I appreciate this reference.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Yeah I'm sure in 50 years we will look back at how close-minded we were and this exact post will appear in the "Media that hasn't aged well" thread.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

HopperUK posted:

Surely it doesn't matter, since he can poop with strength enough to fire that thing back out again like a harpoon.
What an incredible website this is.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
There are actual people running for US political office in 2022 who are openly worse than any cenobite.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
The movie Debug is a pretty ho-hum and predicable sci-fi “thriller” about a rogue AI iiiinnnn spaaaaaaaaace.

The IMM comes from the AI accidentally killing itself by ramming a manipulator arm into its core while killing a passenger. Has this ultra-smart and overtly murderous AI unable to figure out ”gee, if I stick this sharp thing into my own heart, maybe that’ll end poorly for me.”

The film would have been a forgettable watch-it-on-my-lunch-break flick but for that stupid, stupid deus ex machina.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I love pretty much any movie where there's humans against some Wild Dangerous Animal and the entire plot could have been avoided if the loving people hadn't gone into the haunted woods/maze in the center of the forest/loving beach called Shark Attack Cove.

Always ends with the animals dead and the humans, usually down by half, celebrate their survival.

Next time stay out of the loving woods/beach!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

FreshFeesh posted:

The movie Debug is a pretty ho-hum and predicable sci-fi “thriller” about a rogue AI iiiinnnn spaaaaaaaaace.

The IMM comes from the AI accidentally killing itself by ramming a manipulator arm into its core while killing a passenger. Has this ultra-smart and overtly murderous AI unable to figure out ”gee, if I stick this sharp thing into my own heart, maybe that’ll end poorly for me.”

The film would have been a forgettable watch-it-on-my-lunch-break flick but for that stupid, stupid deus ex machina.

It’s just the robot version of when someone tries to cut an avocado and slices their hand wide open. Look at it that way.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I could totally believe an evil supercomputer with a total blindness to it's own spacial existence. It would be aware of where its claws or blades or whatever the gently caress it's attacking with are, but that's it.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I've never understood how anyone is dumb enough to cut an avocado while holding it. Lay it down on a cutting board or at least a counter or something and go to town.

Stabbing directly towards something you're holding in the palm of your hand us a recipe for asymmetrical amateur stigmata.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I mean you do one long cut across the poles, twist the two halves apart, do the badass knife in the pit trick and then you put the dang knife down 'cause it's spoon time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I just tear apart the avocado at a molecular level using my psychic abilities, works every time.