Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I started playing shortly before they did the T34/T30 swaperoo but didn't get up the line in time to get the free tanks before they added the M103/T110E5.

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Have you fine gentlemen considered the T34 B? :monocle:

It has an extra 4 AND a letter.

Since you mentioned it, the T34 is very much like a tier 8 version of the T30; derpy gun, sluggish, and no armor except the mantlet. I do about equally as poorly in each of them.

Lladre posted:

So the t95 is just shoot the hatch right?

Those, and there's also a weak spot under the gun, i.e. the lower plate. It's not as weak as the hatches (200-230 vs 250) but in a T95 vs. T95 battle, you should generally be able to penetrate it at ranges you can reliably hit it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

McGavin posted:

Oh, cool, let's see what GREAT DISCOUNT I got!

:negative: :wtc:

Sair
May 11, 2007

McGavin posted:

Yeah, except now your HE round hits the wheel for 0 damage.

Steel belted.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
took me 154 battles to finish the first set of light tank missions with secondaries on a fresh account while paying no attention to them neat to bad because i won't be completing anymore now lol 1 tank line account

also just unlocked the tier 8 batchat now

update on the new tank- i cannot win in it 0-3 so far yep.. i cannot steal the wins like i could in the tier 7 so far stock

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Aug 25, 2021

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Dezgamez - Crew 2.0 Postponed, New Marathon, Caliban Buff, Battle Pass Season VI | World of Tanks News
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oulSNcppBk

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I'm sure it won't take them another 4 years just to make sixth sense default... right?

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Oh my god another Sabaton tank.

And it's a tier 9 premium.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/game-events/sabaton-spirit-of-war/

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

On paper doesn't look bad. I sure as gently caress am not going to put myself though that grind though.

For T9 mediums I have T55/T54/430/Skoda/Standard. That tank doesn't look too special in the scheme of things.

Making that list I realized how many awesome T9 mediums there are.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Tier 9 premiums are in boys, time to toss all our t8s in the trash.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
It's a heavy tank.

Gonna be weird cause I already have the primo Victoria with the sabaton crew. And this one comes with another set of sabaton crews with added music bonus or something.

Sigh. You know I'm gonna get it.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Katamari Democracy posted:

It's a heavy tank.

Gonna be weird cause I already have the primo Victoria with the sabaton crew. And this one comes with another set of sabaton crews with added music bonus or something.

Sigh. You know I'm gonna get it.

Oh poo poo I read it wrong.

Hmm, gotta check out the armor later when I am not on a phone...

Now that I am thinking about it, there are a lot of amazing T9 heavies. T9 tanks in general have always had tanks that seemed to be in a balanced spot. Especially compared to their T10 "upgrades".

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
Guess this is why they opened frontlines to t9?

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Aug 25, 2021

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Now that I am home and not on my phone's keyboard. I can properly nerd out about this. Because I love this poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peTCePu1jMs

I heard Sabaton was going to come out with a new album because they were not finished with making The Great War, and has announced The War to end all Wars. This song Steel Commanders is so loving good.

But anyways, the tank looks loving sexy and yeah, I will be getting it of course. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjL37LKyVX8

Bring on the Tier 9 premiums with super awesome 3D styles I say.

Edit: Also I bet you this tank without the discount will be something like 99.99 Plus the 6500 gold to purchase the 3D style. Whew. Rip my credit card.

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Aug 25, 2021

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

what the hell they finally started doing tier 9 premiums now? or is this going to be a first USD sale of one

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Turmoilx posted:

what the hell they finally started doing tier 9 premiums now? or is this going to be a first USD sale of one

Maybe we can give them money so our t9 reward tanks count as premiums tanks too

:shepspends:

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Turmoilx posted:

Its their first one and I am going to step on the moon on this frontier.

Getting this tank and the 3D style the moment I get off work Friday.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

how its going vs how it started..... im very sad rigged game! stock wittle tier 8 cannot carry tier 10s and afk bots on every team plz wg ... engine upgrade once my tank gets out of hopefully its first loving win though at least.. it may not be a win though but still engine upgrade :toot:

surprise it was the 14th loss (updating as i go) .. :tinfoil: WG put me on a special list. f these tier 10s~! this is a drat record!

just checked, its not even friday the 13th im not even mad just surprised .. maybe i shouldn't of picked im an athiest in that silly quiz i did earlier because GOD HELP ME

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5999435#serene_coast-splorch4punishmentdaddy-bat_-ch_tillon_12_t :thanks: the curse is lifted

and as a souvenir

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Aug 26, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah, the B-C 12t never really sat right with me. It felt like the tank itself wasn't much of an upgrade over the 13 75 but suddenly you're playing T10 games all the time.

And my stats bear it out. Especially since I at least got the first MoE star on the thing, although that might be partially because I had to play it a whole lot to unlock both the AMX 13 90 (which owns) and the B-C 25(t). But still: I didn't do amazing in the thing and I was still in the top 35% of players.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

never going to recover from that. upgraded besides the tracks i plan to skip those 18k exp for 2 degree faster turing ill pass since its view range sucks and can barely scout anyway

oh i guess its not that bad at 380 base but i can't afford optics lol savin what i can for the tier 9 for now

ahhh just remembered suspension has hidden stats like ground resistance right? wonder if the upgraded set would be faster on lovely terrain

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Aug 26, 2021

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Turmoilx posted:

never going to recover from that. upgraded besides the tracks i plan to skip those 18k exp for 2 degree faster turing ill pass since its view range sucks and can barely scout anyway

oh i guess its not that bad at 380 base but i can't afford optics lol savin what i can for the tier 9 for now

ahhh just remembered suspension has hidden stats like ground resistance right? wonder if the upgraded set would be faster on lovely terrain

It does, but not by a terrible amount. Just get out of that T8 asap.

UndeadWombat
Sep 1, 2005
The undead native marsupial to Australia!
If there is still room in Pansy on NA, I wouldn't mind an invite.

In-game name: UndeadWombat

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

UndeadWombat posted:

If there is still room in Pansy on NA, I wouldn't mind an invite.

In-game name: UndeadWombat

I sent you an invite. Do you have a Discord? You can message me Katamari Democracy#9862 through here and I can send you a link to our discord.

Also I had all of my irl plans canceled due to Covid rampaging in my area so im staying my happy rear end home and will be grinding tanks all weekend to knock out a couple stages for discounts on the Strv K. I really want that tank but I can also save money and continue working down the Czech heavy line. I do have the gold to spend to get the camo so there is no doubt I will be able to get it. Anyone is free to join me platoon for fun times ahead I guess!

Also I am planning on this bundle being like 100+ dollars and lol I know I spend a lot of money on this game and all. But even I had to take a couple steps back after watching skill and other people play it. It does not look good on paper and it definitely does not look good on the battlefield. Definitely not a Frontline heavy tank by any means; it does look extremely good in certain situations where you can peek above hills or have the advantage of being in the high ground. But thanks to its poor DPM and speed. Its not like you will be doing much of that anyway even if you were there.

Also do not be fooled by the credit capabilities this premium tier 9 can offer. The standard shells cost 1050 credits per shot and that alone gets offset from the premium advantages. The gold rounds is where its at but you will still lose money even with boosters. You will have to get an Ace tanker with 8 kills with 5000 damage in order to make that screaming profit wargaming shown off. If you shoot and miss a lot while dying. You wont be making poo poo with this premium.

I still want this tank because Sabaton owns and that skin looks loving unreal. And maybe I can make it work when I finally get my hands on it. But I am sure whales like me are going to gobble it up and become cannon fodder. This time around I didn't want to be that guy.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Yeah, you don't get Raider on light tanks. You get it on stupid slow poo poo like arty or a TOG.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse
My only Raider was in an SU-26, back in the ancient days when the SU-26 was OP as gently caress.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
It's 91 dollars.

Lmfao

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The Strv K reviews are in:

- Skill says it's an awful tank, not fun to play whatsoever. Says it's the worst T9 heavy, or possibly the second worst tied with the Type 4 Heavy.
- QB says it's a bad tank, doesn't have the turret armor, the DPM, the mobility or any of the soft stats needed to compete.
- RagingRaptor says it's bad, not worth buying, not worth grinding for.

Also the credit income isn't great. T9 running and ammo costs are so high and the thing's credit coefficient isn't that high, so you'll probably make more money playing the better T8 premiums, and have a better time doing so.

Everyone in agreement that it's intentionally a bad tank to soften the blow of "we broke our promise not to make T9 premiums" as well as saying this opens the door for them to easily power creep the Strv K and make everyone buy more T9 premiums later, rather than getting a good one right off the bat -- when this thing will sell like hotcakes simply because it's the first T9 premium.

"Not worth buying, not worth grinding for."

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

It's 91 dollars.

Lmfao

:zaurg:

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
I'd be willing to stomach a shifty tier 9 premium but the credit earning looks like poo poo. It really feels like they made this tank trash to make up for the tier 8 Skoda lol.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

all these exp boosts are insane 30 battles in a tank.. a tank that i started out with a 14 loss streAK with 77k exp on it not counting whatever the gun and radio cost to upgrade

this is impressive , one of the shortest maps and oneof the least camo valued tanks

this is the military badge right?

thought it was funny

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Aug 27, 2021

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
senlac and mutz are so nice with the new HE.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Streaming this dumb marathon for a bit.

https://twitch.tv/ragebusket

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

dennyk posted:

My only Raider was in an SU-26, back in the ancient days when the SU-26 was OP as gently caress.

:hfive:

I got 12 kills in my Su-26 back in the day.

Turmoilx posted:

this is the military badge right?

Yes. I have one. :smugdog:

I got 10 free days of premium for logging back on after a year or so.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Aug 27, 2021

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
So I have been going down the Czech heavy line and I am up to Tier IX. It's seriously loving good.

This to me makes me a ton of experience in getting discounts on the Strv K Sabaton and its a ton of fun. I already have the double shot and turret to make this tank semi viable without it being stock and its very fun to play.

I hope to have the Tier X by this Sunday with my grinding.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Recently got back into playing and holy gently caress I'm so rusty. Got to a 54.48% WR when I played years ago but been slowly dropping over my recent playtime.

Not really paying much attention to it anymore though. Just being more chill about it.

Steadily working my way up the lines. Tier 9 in the American mediums, tier 8 in the Chinese mediums, American TDs, and tier 7 for the Italian, Czech, and Swedish mediums, American lights, and British TDs. How are the tier 10s for these ones?

I'm also wondering to go for the AMX 13 105 or the Bat Chat. I'm leaning to the BC but I'd like opinions. Same with the two French heavy lines.

Also wondering if there are any other good lines to go down. I'm typically an aggressive player and prefer mobile things (if you couldn't tell from most of my choices).

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
http://wotreplays.eu/site/6001477#highway-mariuslecter-leopard_prototyp_a

http://wotreplays.eu/site/6001485#prokhorovka-mariuslecter-t-150

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

skaianDestiny posted:

Steadily working my way up the lines. Tier 9 in the American mediums, tier 8 in the Chinese mediums, American TDs, and tier 7 for the Italian, Czech, and Swedish mediums, American lights, and British TDs. How are the tier 10s for these ones?

In order:

OK, OK, not great, very good, very good, situational, not good, depends on which British TD, the Badger is slow and doesn't have a turret but does have god tier DPM, the Trashbarn has a turret but got hosed bad by the HE nerf and is more of a meme than a useful tank.

quote:

I'm also wondering to go for the AMX 13 105 or the Bat Chat. I'm leaning to the BC but I'd like opinions. Same with the two French heavy lines.

The AMX 13 105 is far better than the Bat-Chat 25. The BC has been powercrept to hell and back and needs a lot of buffs to be viable, whereas the AMX 13 105 is possibly the best T10 non-wheeled light tank, or at least in tight competition with the LT-100.

quote:

Also wondering if there are any other good lines to go down. I'm typically an aggressive player and prefer mobile things (if you couldn't tell from most of my choices).

Well the Chinese heavies wrap up with the WZ-111 5A which is basically a heavium. Very mobile, good DPM, good gun. Some people really like the T57, which is an autoloading American heavy that has bad DPM but god-tier burst. The new Czech heavies are also excellent in the "jump someone and gank them" role.

From the tanks you mentioned, Czech and Italian mediums are also very good, aggressive and highly mobile tanks, and you can never go wrong with Soviet mediums (both the Object 140 and the Object 430U are great, albeit slightly different). You might also enjoy the AMX 13 105, which is the most offense-oriented T10 light by some distance.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

It's 91 dollars.

Lmfao

In 3 months they will sell the same package for 50 bucks.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Swedish mediums on the new Recon maps were :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

TracerM17 posted:

In 3 months they will sell the same package for 50 bucks.

100%.

That's what they've done every time so far. Sell the marathon tank in some padded bundle for 65 euros, then a few months later sell it for half that much.

And also remember that you can easily mod in any 3D skins on your tanks locally. Of course others won't see them, but if you just want to see the 20 euro 3D skin, it's v. easy to do.