Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Thunder God Biden posted:

This was the opening sentence of the email from my kid's highschool today:

hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-vaccine-updates-08-27-21/h_69257269f19db36d63d57343d25b129a

LOL

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Metal af

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:coronatoot:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Truniht posted:

After the 70s it became practically realizable to double the size of the labor force by sending both parents to work and let the state handle their kids

now that kids can’t go to school because they can die the us govt effectively lost a sizable portion of their labor force and they want it back

My buddy was telling me that when he had his first kid, his wife's entire paycheck every month went to daycare. And these are both white collar workers with good jobs for the area. It's absolutely loving nuts - and when no explanation is offered for why two working parents are getting a worse deal than people used to get with just one, it's no wonder people start going "well maybe this feminism thing is the problem!" It's loving stupid, obviously, but when neither political party in your country even addresses that this is reality, you go with the first boot that fits!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lol

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

did they ever actually say where they got the 8 months number?

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

My buddy was telling me that when he had his first kid, his wife's entire paycheck every month went to daycare. And these are both white collar workers with good jobs for the area. It's absolutely loving nuts - and when no explanation is offered for why two working parents are getting a worse deal than people used to get with just one, it's no wonder people start going "well maybe this feminism thing is the problem!" It's loving stupid, obviously, but when neither political party in your country even addresses that this is reality, you go with the first boot that fits!

the common person has no representation

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Weaponized Autism posted:

The 5 Stages:

Denial - "Just the flu, bro!"
Anger - "What do you mean I have to close my business?!"
Bargaining- "What if masks, but only indoors?"
Depression- *crack* *ping!*
Acceptance- "We need to live WITH the virus"

That's all just denial.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Der Meister posted:

the common person has no representation

Fuckin A!

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Tzen posted:

someone asked this earlier but maybe I missed an answer
so what happens when someone drops some 'ring worms' long-term? do those parts of the intestinal tract just grow back or what?

The intestinal tract heals very quickly, since it is being constantly digested. But damaging it with ivermectin or bleach can expose underlying tissue to the contents of the intestines, which leads to infection.

From what I've heard from ER nurses, the smell of these infections is legendary.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

CODChimera posted:

so is there a reason these people are hesitant to take the vaccine but other random poo poo they can't wait to shovel down?

like yeah I get they are morons but from their perspective what do they think is going on?

the people they trust on tv like tucker and laura ingraham are telling them not to take the vaccine and to instead eat the horse paste

the people they distrust and think are secret communists out to kill them and destroy america like biden and fauci are telling them to not eat the horse paste and instead take the vaccine

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Stereotype posted:

"Mr. President, we have to start giving out boosters ASAP or the death toll will be unimaginable!"

"Okay well poo poo.. um how long has it been since we started giving out vaccines? 8 months? Okay just run with that we don't want people to think we made a mistake"

Doctor
Jul 22, 2005

GO TO YOUR ROOM!
honestly is there any difference between us praying to number and old cultures praying to whatever god and sacrificing people on altars at this point lmao

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Nixon vetoed a child care bill, that would have changed everything ,because of Cold War poo poo

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comprehensive_Child_Development_Bill_of_1972

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
more lol

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-vaccine-updates-08-27-21/h_69257269f19db36d63d57343d25b129a

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Doctor posted:

honestly is there any difference between us praying to number and old cultures praying to whatever god and sacrificing people on altars at this point lmao

They thought the gods would do something in return.

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

Doctor posted:

theres a better chance of an old god answering our prayers than number

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Stereotype posted:

no

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

weird, my wife makes like 2x what I make so it was a no brainer to quit when it was clear the alternative was to pay money to get them infected.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Stereotype posted:

from the science idiot

septa
Oct 13, 2016

that has to be on purpose, right?

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Stop requiring parental approval and I guarantee that number jumps

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Doctor posted:

Never has been. 15th century Europeans would boil people in big pots to make a vaseline-like ointment from human lard. They were very offended by the Aztecs because sacrificing someone to a god is paganism, killing a useless person for vaseline is just resourcefulness.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Alright I got boosted up at Walmart. The guy at cvs gave me poo poo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

tiberion02 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udpe2zXyNSc&t=189s
Ride to ruin and the world's ending!

DEEEEAATH! DEAAAAAAAAAAAAATH!!!!

movie owns

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

covid is good

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Doctor posted:

sacrificing people was rare !! rarer than it is now

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

my mom quit her job in the 90s when i was born for the same reason, daycare cost way more than she was getting paid

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

stump collector posted:

lmao sounds like CVS is cracking down on their screening process.

I did my 3rd Fauci not approved booster shot at a local Publix, yup It's my shot #1!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

smoobles posted:

covid is good

you do not, in fact, gotta hand it to covid

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

stump collector posted:

hell yeah a booster and a 25 cent sams club soda

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

any triple pfizered pfolks starting their moderna regimen yet and if so how long are you waiting

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

stump collector posted:

when i go in for my bimonthly booster, i put 5 vaccine passports down on the counter and every time i catch the pharmacy tech checking his phone, or talking to a coworker, or otherwise not injecting me with mrna, i remove one from the counter

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

smoobles posted:

covid is good

:hmmyes: for accelerationists

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

tiberion02 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udpe2zXyNSc&t=189s
Ride to ruin and the world's ending!

DEEEEAATH! DEAAAAAAAAAAAAATH!!!!

watching this and cackling like a madman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunder God Biden
Sep 8, 2004

Israel is not a legitimate entity, and no amount of pressure can force us to recognize its right to exist.

septa posted:

that has to be on purpose, right?

Technically its from the PTA and those people are...not people like me. There's no telling.