Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Anyone do anime/manga videos on YouTube that aren't loving poo poo?

kenny lauderdale is good

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6dsQSn70Cem7zFsUANHqpQ/videos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Somebody, somewhere (don't remember who, sorry) said Raidou spoke in the SMT3 remake, which isn't true. But it got me thinking -- I definitely recall hearing him talk at one point. Then I figured it out: he & Raido had spoken lines in the Soul Hackers 3ds remake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D7ASnaf77M&t=712s

That's weird, from what I can tell Raidou does have a VA for the Nocturne remaster even if it's just for grunts or whatever

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Arist posted:

That's weird, from what I can tell Raidou does have a VA for the Nocturne remaster even if it's just for grunts or whatever

Oh, I see, he's doing the Persona thing of his only lines being calling out demon names

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
is Sailor Moon Crystal actually good

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Captain Invictus posted:

A fox in space is super good and he's been working on more of it since then

Everything he's done with Wolf is amazing. I'm super pumped for the second episode whenever he finishes it because of that scene with the lemurs and the rest of the stuff for James and Peppy's trip to Venom.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

mycophobia posted:

In my opinion, no, but some people will say season 3 is decent.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The manga version of SuperS (which was recently adapted into the Eternal movies) is better than its 90’s counterpart but otherwise I generally prefer the original anime over Crystal (I also enjoyed the live action series despite it being so low budget in terms of effects/fights)

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
SuperS is such a slog lol.... if I were to go back and rewatch the original series i would probably skip it outright

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

mycophobia posted:

As an abridged version of Sailor Moon, it's worse in that respect than DBZ Kai.

I've actually been rewatching og Sailor Moon on Tubi (subbed) this week; the writing is a lot funnier and the side characters actually have value.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wow, Lancelot looks cool.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Think I'll wait for the Utena set.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBdhJ2Gkoe4

2hu.

Chicken Thumbs
Oct 21, 2020

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning!

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Anyone do anime/manga videos on YouTube that aren't loving poo poo?

Super Eyepatch Wolf is good if you can get over the fact that his voice sounds like he's about to burst into tears at any moment.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
actually, who's the worst anime youtuber? bennet the sage was pretty annoying for me

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
your favorite guy, is the worst one

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

RareAcumen posted:

Wow, Lancelot looks cool.

All the art in the set is fanart. Some of it is great:

Some of it is crap:

And some of it is....uhhhhh:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Willo567 posted:

actually, who's the worst anime youtuber? bennet the sage was pretty annoying for me

Anecdotal because I don't know when you last watched Bennett, but I'd say he's improved a lot in the last few years especially after he left the cesspool of Channel Awesome. His latest video is part of a new series where he is going back and updating his old reviews that he's not proud of. He'll still do some episodes for yuks if the content calls for it but he's become a lot more analytical with his newer work.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Dont think ive ever felt the desire to watch an anime youtuber

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

If i cant talk to the m on a forum or discord i dont give a gently caress about their anime opinion and even then i probably dont care too much.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

whybis namtabs avatar so slow

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Aurora posted:

whybis namtabs avatar so slow

Someone (incorrectly) thinks itll give their wife a seizure and an admin keeps changing it, its out of my hands

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

all anime youtubers are the worst by virtue of being anime youtubers, topic locked

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I like anime/manga youtubers because they help me put my thoughts into words about why I liked a show or some trend; bonus points if their channel is largely mostly positivity with the critical analysis mixed in. Super Eye Patch Wolf's videos are especially good because I can just point people on the fence to his videos to try to get people to watch stuff I happen to like.

Then there's channels who are more about the technical or business process of what goes into anime and manga or the history of it and those also interest me from a broader pov of wanting to understand more about my hobby.

In particular videos about going over the themes, hidden meanings, and symbolism of a work are a broader category of content I really enjoy.

As an example, the anime equivalent of this SolePorpoise video on Bloodborne is basically my favourite kind of content in terms of doing deep dives into the concepts behind a work.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Somebody, somewhere (don't remember who, sorry) said Raidou spoke in the SMT3 remake, which isn't true. But it got me thinking -- I definitely recall hearing him talk at one point. Then I figured it out: he & Raido had spoken lines in the Soul Hackers 3ds remake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D7ASnaf77M&t=712s
Woolie is doing an LP of the first Raidou game right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRjllgLWPdo

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Youtubers who talk about anime are good; Anime Youtubers are bad.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

symbolic posted:

all anime youtubers are the worst by virtue of being anime youtubers, topic locked

:hmmyes:

I don't watch a single one, and am happier for it.

If my own eyes or a goon can't sell it, it wasn't worth watching to begin with.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Super eyepatch wolf sucks and gets a ton of stuff wrong and presents stuff in weird ways

Heres some guy who made a two and a half hour long video on getter robo, now thats fuckin youtubing

https://youtu.be/B8OKlITEXRQ

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bad anime youtubers: guys who present a random shonen manga like its lifedefining art through tears, the fifteen white ladies who exist to tell you which shoujo manga are problematic, guys who are obsessed with the fact hentai exists

Good anime youtubers: guys who make five hour long documentaries on which obscure ishikawa manga are referenced in shin getter robo

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

Super eyepatch wolf sucks and gets a ton of stuff wrong and presents stuff in weird ways

Heres some guy who made a two and a half hour long video on getter robo, now thats fuckin youtubing

https://youtu.be/B8OKlITEXRQ

https://youtu.be/fw5Q0AWMcqI

The guy has good opinions, but i wont like comment or subscribe

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

symbolic posted:

What if they hate anime?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

trucutru posted:

What if they hate anime?

hating anime is also fail

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Endorph posted:

Bad anime youtubers: guys who present a random shonen manga like its lifedefining art through tears, the fifteen white ladies who exist to tell you which shoujo manga are problematic, guys who are obsessed with the fact hentai exists

Good anime youtubers: guys who make five hour long documentaries on which obscure ishikawa manga are referenced in shin getter robo

Hell yes

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Ken Ishikawa is one of the greatest comic creators to have ever lived and I'm glad more and more people are learning about him.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

legitimately i feel like bulking up peoples knowledge of more 'obscure' stuff in the west is probably one of the more useful ways to use the medium of Anime Youtube. not that you cant make a like, entertaining, video reviewing some popular shonen manga, but guys seem to go the informational video route with 'did you know fma is good' and like no poo poo its the like number 2 anime on mal. you arent informing me much!!

and the least useful thing the medium of anime youtube can be is a moral guide on which anime its okay to like so ofc theres a ton of people lined up to do that

Tequ
Sep 5, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvPaFpX5Rw0

This was pretty interesting. Action Button's Tokimeki Memorial video is also recommended if you can spare a few billion hours.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
A video essay over an hour long is something a youtuber generally has to earn with me. If I liked their other content then I'll settle down for the longer stuff; but I'm rarely clicking a video over half an hour from a channel I've never seen before.

Endorph posted:

legitimately i feel like bulking up peoples knowledge of more 'obscure' stuff in the west is probably one of the more useful ways to use the medium of Anime Youtube. not that you cant make a like, entertaining, video reviewing some popular shonen manga, but guys seem to go the informational video route with 'did you know fma is good' and like no poo poo its the like number 2 anime on mal. you arent informing me much!!

and the least useful thing the medium of anime youtube can be is a moral guide on which anime its okay to like so ofc theres a ton of people lined up to do that

This is true, like I was prepared to completely pass over Link Click until I saw a youtuber review it and I was like "Huh that actually seems really good, like momento mixed with inception" but, have you considered those of us with normie friends for whom getting them to watch even FMA is a huge ordeal? :v:

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Anyone who is against watching FMA of all things is absolutely not going to watch a youtube review of it

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

also they're right and don't need to be convinced otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont understand the brain of someone who refuses to watch something if their friends tell them its good but will watch it if a random person on youtube does