Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Oh poo poo Worf delivers molly? I gotta text him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Brawnfire posted:

Oh poo poo Worf delivers molly? I gotta text him

Why do you think Jadzia hooked up with him

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

StashAugustine posted:

Why do you think Jadzia hooked up with him

"Got that Ketracel White, here!"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Jadzia is on like her fifth Monster Raktajino and the Dax symbiont still can't crank out any more tetradopamine, that promenade rave was brutal

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Now I'm watching the episode where Picard gets a teenage son.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

This just turned into "gently caress you, you're not my real dad!" The Episode .

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

it's ok. that's not his real son. i believe this is the ep we learn picard shoots blanks

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

CainFortea posted:

Okay edgelord, settle down.

He's right though! Worf was objectively kind of a lovely person but he made a hilarious stick in the mud

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

"Jean-Luc, you know aren't viable since the Nausicaans stabbed you in the ballsack."

"It was the heart, Beverly."

"You lost consciousness pretty quick, but they stabbed your ballsack after you kept laughing."

"That explains the angry red scar. I call it The Nexus."

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

no wonder he was embarrassed to be operated on by pulaski , his artificial ballsack probably needed replaced too

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Geordi: Ball sack? I'm not detecting any ball sacks....oh, a ballsack! I get it! That's pretty funny.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Mulaney Power Move posted:

it's ok. that's not his real son. i believe this is the ep we learn picard shoots blanks

If you’re on the enterprise for more than a few years you are almost certainly sterile from all the anomalies.

Riker and Troi tried but it came out all hosed up

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Telling the budtender that my only weekend plans are to watch Star Trek and she feigns enthusiasm but we both know it's really sad.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

In "Family", when René says he married twice after the story about him traveling with sisters, is the joke that he married one sister, got divorced, and married the other sister?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

In "Family", when René says he married twice after the story about him traveling with sisters, is the joke that he married one sister, got divorced, and married the other sister?

Yes.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

And then he died in a fire the end

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Endless Trash posted:

And then he died in a fire the end

Spoiler alert!

Geeze.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Spoiler alert!

Geeze.

Star Trek: René will explore the story of how he didn’t actually die and the fire was a ruse because he was wanted by a secret Romulan organization that is so secret even the super secret one from Star Trek: Picard doesn’t know about it

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Picard season 2 sees Picard piloting an X-wing starfighter down the trench of a Borg death cube.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Applewhite posted:

Picard season 2 sees Picard piloting an X-wing starfighter down the trench of a Borg death cube.

"Now this is podracing!".

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
1000% chance someone in the writer’s room of Picard/Disco has suggested incorporating fighter craft into Star Trek.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Applewhite posted:

1000% chance someone in the writer’s room of Picard/Disco has suggested incorporating fighter craft into Star Trek.

For some reason that reminds me that I was really drunk the first time I watched BSG 2004 and I thought that early episode where they get attacked every 30 minutes or whatever was what the series was going to be and I was crushed when it wasn't. I was really dumb and drunk.

Also, I'm a Baltar apologist.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

didnt DS9 have fighters?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

punishedkissinger posted:

didnt DS9 have fighters?

The runabouts doubled as them, but other than that there were some fighters shown during the massive dominion battle scenes

It felt like fighters were a desperate times desperate measures type thing, unlike what Picard would do with fighters which would just be “every ship has a bunch of fighters. That’s just normal”

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

didnt DS9 have fighters?

All I can think of are the Defiant, Runabouts, or that solar ship that the Bajorans piloted or whatever

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Those ships the Borg Cube destroyed approaching Earth in Best of Both Worlds were fighter sized.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

sweet geek swag posted:

Those ships the Borg Cube destroyed approaching Earth in Best of Both Worlds were fighter sized.

Legit felt bad for them but loving lol that they were they entirety of earth's defenses.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

sweet geek swag posted:

Really hope there was an inquiry into whatever admiral or captain ordered those pea shooters to intercept the ship that had just wiped out the entire fleet. That’s “denethor sending faramir” levels of loving psychotic.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

didnt DS9 have fighters?

Fighters were always "in universe" but never really shown until "Best of Both Worlds" and DS9.
"Fighters" are fighting vehicles and therefore antithetical to Federation philosophy but that won't stop the Feds from having them in their back pocket.

edit: Beaten

sweet geek swag posted:

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Double post.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I read that Ishara was based on Vasquez from Aliens but she's really got more of a Sarah Conner vibe.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The "fighters" that were used in DS9 were those light patrol ships that the Maquis used a lot. They got slaughtered whenever they showed up in fleet battles.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

lighter platforms kinda make sense if you can put a couple torpedoes on each of them. they'd get shredded but they would probably get some kills. the Enterprise is clearly a super-heavy battleship, one with good survivability too. This does make more sense for the Federation from the perspective of doctrine and ideology, definitely.

punishedkissinger fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Aug 28, 2021

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I read that Ishara was based on Vasquez from Aliens but she's really got more of a Sarah Conner vibe.

Oh wait, Tasha was based on Vasquez. I'm dumb.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
They wanted the fleet scenes to be more layered, so they reused a model they had. I don't think there's any more to it.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Gutcruncher posted:

It felt like fighters were a desperate times desperate measures type thing, unlike what Picard would do with fighters which would just be “every ship has a bunch of fighters. That’s just normal”

well they should have been full of fighters during the war. modify the shuttles or something. they were constantly outnumbered. hell remote control them and smash them into the enemy. keep moving forward. shoot them in the belly. when you put your hand in a puddle of goo, and it turns out to be odo...

Mulaney Power Move fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Aug 28, 2021

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
What the gently caress Neelix had a goddamn family this whole loving time and chose to stay on Voyager

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Brawnfire posted:

"Jean-Luc, you know aren't viable since the Nausicaans stabbed you in the ballsack."

"It was the heart, Beverly."

"You lost consciousness pretty quick, but they stabbed your ballsack after you kept laughing."

"That explains the angry red scar. I call it The Nexus."

Is this the Beta Cannon I've heard so much about?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Legit felt bad for them but loving lol that they were they entirety of earth's defenses.

Was about to make this comment. Like the Home of the Federation’s entire defense are 3 piddly fighters which I have to think made the Borg go “Why are we assimilating these useless biologics?” Like Shinzon heading to Earth and those three fighters come out. Not like a network of space stations or the moon turning around and firing gently caress off lasers and torpedos or anything half built put together from the Utopia Planitia yards on Mars intercepting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Hollismason posted:

What the gently caress Neelix had a goddamn family this whole loving time and chose to stay on Voyager

It was the restraining order.