Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1431234322699333637?s=20

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

man what in the gently caress is going on

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lol more death i guess

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Casey Finnigan posted:

man what in the gently caress is going on

getting ahead of the gun violence that’s about to happen in Louisiana

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
we must combat the scourge of childhood obesity.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
microdosing myself with smaller bullets before graduating to bigger bullets to make my skin stronger through microfractures to combat the gun epidemic

take the shot

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ham Cheeks posted:

is your government & supreme court committing genocide lmao?

https://twitter.com/ibnkafka/status/1352994276666388481

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Kulldorff

quote:

Kulldorff is one of the three authors, along with Sunetra Gupta and Jay Bhattacharya, of the early October 2020 Great Barrington Declaration, which argues for letting COVID-19 spread in lower-risk groups to promote herd immunity while advocating "focused protection" of older, high-risk people. The declaration was sponsored by the American Institute for Economic Research (AIER), a libertarian free market think tank. The World Health Organization (WHO) and numerous academic and public-health bodies said the declaration's strategy was dangerous and lacked a sound scientific basis. They warned that the declaration's strategy could cause many unnecessary deaths, that it would be challenging to shield medically vulnerable people, that the long-term effects of COVID-19 were not yet understood, that herd immunity could be undermined by the limited duration of post-infection immunity, and that it was most likely to cause recurrent epidemics.

Kulldorff has appeared at events and on media platforms to oppose lockdowns, contact tracing and mask mandates during the COVID-19 pandemic, and to support the Great Barrington Declaration. He has spoken out against COVID-19 vaccine passports, but has said he supports vaccinations.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I think it's not that they're trying to deliberately kill us off but instead that our leaders see millions of Americans dying, being given life-ruining disabilities, and/or made destitute as the least bad alternative.

Similar to how, during the cold war, the conventional wisdom among the military leadership and the business and political elite was that tens of millions of Americans dying in nuclear hellfire was an acceptable loss so long as the Soviet Union and communism were destroyed.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

uber_stoat posted:

we must combat the scourge of childhood obesity.

No kids, no problem

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

"we have found that bullets pose no risk to human bodies"

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

psst pstt psssst hey look away from covid. look over here. lookie

*rattles keys*

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Morbus posted:

Only problem with this theory is it posits that the US had the foresight and competence to suppress the initial domestic outbreaks, only to succumb to the virus after it become widespread elsewhere.

Which, lol, lmao.

The US primordial strain mutated into alpha in Wuhan where it was able to finally start accelerating and causing more severe health issues leading to Wuhan being identified as the source.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

skewetoo posted:

Any semblance of functional government has disappeared lol

Well it was never the government's job to take care of people so I'm not sure what they were expecting

Sweet_Joke_Nectar
Jun 7, 2007

i'm a little shai :3
so I know that being fully vaxxed drastically lowers the likelihood of hospitalization and death from covid, but that you can still catch, get sick, and transmit the virus if fully vaccinated. I’m wondering, does being fully vaccinated reduces likelihood of catching it, and the amount of virus you shed if you do catch it? or are you just as susceptible to catch it and be a carrier/vector for further spread, but with significantly less consequences to yourself?

also, does vaccination reduce the risk of long covid if you do catch it?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

crossed legs, nice and casual. love it. there’s a thousand people dying today in Florida and he’s got his legs crossed during a quiet discussion with a good friend. brilliant. what’s up next, a nice sandwich for lunch in the conservatory?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/drewtoothpaste/status/1431399408571195393

Lastgirl fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Aug 28, 2021

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Salt Fish posted:

The US primordial strain mutated into alpha in Wuhan where it was able to finally start accelerating and causing more severe health issues leading to Wuhan being identified as the source.

alpha didn’t come along until almost a year after wuhan

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

FistEnergy posted:

"While there is no official death count for prisoners that were left behind, 517 prisoners were later registered as "unaccounted for" by Humans Rights Watch."

:staredog: how did I never hear about this

because Angola is literally just a slave warehouse run by the United States of America

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Steve Yun posted:

alpha didn’t come along until almost a year after wuhan

Well what greek alphabet letter comes before alpha

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Sweet_Joke_Nectar posted:

so I know that being fully vaxxed drastically lowers the likelihood of hospitalization and death from covid, but that you can still catch, get sick, and transmit the virus if fully vaccinated. I’m wondering, does being fully vaccinated reduces likelihood of catching it, and the amount of virus you shed if you do catch it? or are you just as susceptible to catch it and be a carrier/vector for further spread, but with significantly less consequences to yourself?

I could have sworn there's been preprints both directions on if vaccinated people spread more or less. Im looking through the covid data spreadsheet though and not seeing it.

If anyone finds it - can you point it out / add it to the spreadsheet?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12Ss6gA8ULL-2gxh4tWy12gFjTB078ba2KuxeqI9yz70/edit#gid=0

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

uber_stoat posted:

Joe Biden when he decides to do Katrina and Benghazi... at the same time?????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7oD_oX-Gio

I'm the absolute creep with the candy

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

My understanding is that the current best answers are "not really if your antibodies have waned, but you do shed less virus faster as your body spins up antibody production from its memory of the vaccine" and "maybe"

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

mastershakeman posted:

Katrina was only cat 4 when it hit Nola right

No evacuation this time either, lmao they're leaving the entire population of NOLA to die

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Solarin posted:

uh please don't make wild assumptions we need to wait for the science to come in on this

The science is in. Rich people are dicks. Don't step into a crosswalk in front of a luxury vehicle.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Good 'ole Wayne F&S.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Lacrosse posted:

No evacuation this time either, lmao they're leaving the entire population of NOLA to die

The way everyone has the freedom to choose the level of hurricane preparedness that works best for them

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
thinking about racists coming out after the storm surge making GBS threads their intestinal linings to try and take shots at looters but keep missing on account of coughing violently each time they lead the sight to pull the trigger on

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

does being fully vaccinated reduces likelihood of catching it,

and the amount of virus you shed if you do catch it?

or are you just as susceptible to catch it and be a carrier/vector for further spread, but with significantly less consequences to yourself?

Yes

Yes, but "sheds less load" can be irrelevant depending on the circumstances of the exposure event

No

Not sure on this one

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

If it helps, I caught delta or some other ungodly variant, got pretty sick and my sats still won’t go over 97% with maximal effort when before they were always 100-99%. 3 of my immediate family have come down with it too and all but my youngest were fully vaccinated.

Also evacuating for a hurricane with a family full of covid is not an option so we’re sheltering in place. So much for a peaceful convalescence before returning to the front lines. :(

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

i am harry posted:

crossed legs, nice and casual. love it. there’s a thousand people dying today in Florida and he’s got his legs crossed during a quiet discussion with a good friend. brilliant. what’s up next, a nice sandwich for lunch in the conservatory?

weird thing to get hung up on but ok

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

being vaccinated seems to lower your chances to about 1/6 as likely to catch Delta as an unvaccinated person, which eventually wanes down to 1/3 as likely over time

vaccination only seems to lower your chances of long covid by lowering your chances of infection. once you do get infected, you have a 20% chance of long covid, roughly the same as an unvaccinated person who gets infected

the good news is that vaccinated people getting long covid seems to almost always be loss of smell and taste, and not the more severe things like memory loss and brain fog or loss of lung capacity.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

weird thing to get hung up on but ok

no, it's correct

biden is sauntering around like a motherfucker gently caress him

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
trump used to have daily covid press conferences lol. remember when covid existed?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Casey Finnigan posted:

trump used to have daily covid press conferences lol. remember when covid existed?

yeah it existed back in 2020 before biden was elected

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Could you imagine if we lived in a functioning loving society? Jesus Christ what a world that would be.

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

went through and tidied up the spreadsheet a bit (deleted blank columns, added headers and a date column to the school outbreaks tab if anyone feels like going through and pulling that info out of the links)

also added a tab for tweet threads and added that AAP PDF about children to the studies tab

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

it's Friday lol time to hit da bricks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
Edit: This is a work in progress.

The Western world, it is implodin'
COVID's flowin', Ida's growin,
Climate change will kill, Al Gore is gloatin'
You'll never take the vax, but what's that paste you're totin'?
And even Lake Pontchartrain has bodies floatin'
But you tell me over and over and over again my friend
Ah, you don't believe we're on the eve of destruction

Don't you understand what I'm trying to say?
Can't you feel the fear that I'm feeling today?
When my lungs turn to cheese, there's no tissue to save
There'll be no one to save with the world in a grave
Take a look around you boy, it's bound to scare you, boy
But you tell me over and over and over again, my friend
Ah, you don't believe we're on the eve of destruction

Yeah, my blood's so thick, feels like coagulatin'
I'm sittin' here, just ventilatin'
They can't face the truth, the world's a simulation
Handful of Senators won't pass legislation
And COVID alone brings extermination
When NOLA's levees are disintegratin'
This whole crazy world is just too frustratin'