Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

What's mental is arsenal aren't budging on season ticket prices. We've delayed renewing ours for this season because of Covid uncertainty but lmao if they think I'm paying nearly 2 grand a year for this poo poo.

Why? Is there any chance of them going unsold? Tbh it'll just open them up for rich casual fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Well this games a writeoff

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I think slo mo absolutely made that challenge look worse than it was. Red might still be fair, but more of an orange I reckon.

The goal was tasty though.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
dumb poo poo Sonichu

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
rip the 'lesters, and lmao soyuncu epic no look back pass dude

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

The Perfect Element posted:

I think slo mo absolutely made that challenge look worse than it was. Red might still be fair, but more of an orange I reckon.

The goal was tasty though.

It's a dark crimson red wtf are you on

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

he stamped on the chap's ankle lol it's as red as they come

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
cool moment for antonio, he’s been through a lot of rough times at this club

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
antonio is pretty good at the foot

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Parity warning posted:

antonio is pretty good at the foot

West Ham’s all time top scorer now I think? Pretty good for a guy who was filling in at right back in 2016.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

peanut- posted:

West Ham’s all time top scorer now I think? Pretty good for a guy who was filling in at right back in 2016.

All time in the Premier League for West Ham. I had no idea he'd scored that many league goals though.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Shrapnig posted:

All time in the Premier League for West Ham. I had no idea he'd scored that many league goals though.

He's played for us for quite a while and was our top scorer for two seasons even before Moyes moved him to centre forward.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Antonio is great and all but him being all time top scorer really tells it's own story about how bad all our other strikers have been

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
Chicharito just needed one more season. :laugh:

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Tortilla Maker posted:

Chicharito just needed one more season. :laugh:

I stand by the fact that both he and Haller should have been at the club together, they would have been a great pairing despite being underwhelming individually

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre

Bogan Krkic posted:

I stand by the fact that both he and Haller should have been at the club together, they would have been a great pairing despite being underwhelming individually

I would've been all about that. But the dude is off his rocker.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i was going to make a big andy just needed a chance post, but then i looked up his stats and 1. he was at west ham for seven years, not three or four 2. he scored 34 goals in 7 years lol

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

i was going to make a big andy just needed a chance post, but then i looked up his stats and 1. he was at west ham for seven years, not three or four 2. he scored 34 goals in 7 years lol

and despite that dismal return he's still our 5th top scorer in of the premier league era iirc

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Eau de MacGowan posted:

In fairness he was only fit for about 90 minutes total in those 7 years.

In the entire Premiership era I don't think we've had a striker that wasn't a colossal oval office, made of glass, or both.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

In fairness he was only fit for about 90 minutes total in those 7 years.

In the entire Premiership era I don't think we've had a striker that wasn't a colossal oval office, made of glass, or both.

That's not strictly true, we've also had plenty of strikers who were just bad for purely footballing reasons

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bogan Krkic posted:

That's not strictly true, we've also had plenty of strikers who were just bad for purely footballing reasons

This is true, shameful Marlon Harewood erasure on my part.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bogan Krkic posted:

I forgot about Haller, West Ham really is a place where strikers go to die

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Big Andy's best-ever Premier League season remains the half-year before Liverpool bought him for £35,012,000, when he scored 11 goals in 19 league games. He has never again reached double figures.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I remember there were some serious lols at the fee but personally thought 'hey not a bad move for a young rough player who knows where the goal is. Liverpool will have the last laugh here'

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Big Andy's cross to shelvey last season just proved that he should have been in the wide channels all along. The gentleman wing back.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Hell,

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

vyelkin posted:

Big Andy's best-ever Premier League season remains the half-year before Liverpool bought him for £35,012,000, when he scored 11 goals in 19 league games. He has never again reached double figures.
I mean my impression of Carroll is that he blew any promise he had by not taking care of himself, either by not staying fit and rehabilitating his injuries properly or because he was regularly boozing.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Gorn Myson posted:

I mean my impression of Carroll is that he blew any promise he had by not taking care of himself, either by not staying fit and rehabilitating his injuries properly or because he was regularly boozing.

How do you explain Vardy?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

I forgot about Haller, West Ham really is a place where strikers go to die

Listen you can't *prove* John Hartson's cancer was caused by the massive doses of radiation we gave him to turn him into a mutant super-striker for a season and a half.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

sebzilla posted:

How do you explain Vardy?

Vardy is the lad who didnt turn up to any classes and gets straight As.

Andy is the lad who worked super hard but missed one class that went over all the exam questions

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
We all love:

-the permanent MDT
- an early kickoff where it's funny whichever team gets beat
- Leeds

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Arsenal losing is never funny!!! 😤

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Arsenal losing is never not funny!!! 😤

Fixed that for you OP

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Looke posted:

Fixed that for you OP

Agreed, op

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I for the record do not love Leeds

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

fridge corn posted:

I for the record do not love Leeds

Who are your best teams

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

We all love:

- Leeds

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

the sex ghost posted:

Who are your best teams

My best teams are man u, the usmnt, and maybe brentford idk yet

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

This smells like exactly the sort of game Arsenal will win and Pep will make some baffling selection choices but I am quite happy to he quoted later when city smash them up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Nah, 4-0 City.