Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
family only drags you down, holding you back from fulfilling your ultimate destiny especially in covidtimes, you have to be ruthless and logical to drive a wedge to save yourself not only physically and emotionally, but financially :capitalism:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

from their front page

quote:

Our physicians are hydroxychloroquine knowledgeable and fully aware of the science and data regarding its safety and efficacy.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Lastgirl posted:

family only drags you down, holding you back from fulfilling your ultimate destiny especially in covidtimes, you have to be ruthless and logical to drive a wedge to save yourself not only physically and emotionally, but financially :capitalism:

trust nothing but your fists agreed

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

text editor posted:

China would have handled these quacks months ago, and burned the evidence

We should be more like China

buddy you're doing an authoritarianism right now

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Jealous? :yosbutt:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26
https://imgur.com/a/j5Ag7mG

covidactnow.org

philly is extremely powerful and the last bastion of american freedom

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

from their front page

they're just following in the footsteps of pain doctors

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

horse paste is chuds bringing the pandemic to the one field they think is real, consumer choice. the vaccine is the liberal choice. like Nike after they signed the guy who kneeled or Starbucks after they said racism is bad. They rejected those brands, and saw that as a real exercise of political power. they thought that was freedom. the only political sphere between elections is what they buy.

So faced with mass death by a preventable disease, they buy horse paste.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

I'm glad I'm single so I don't have to worry about a lovely partner abandoning me because I got sick

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Someone in GBS who doesn't understand maths got mad enough at me to buy me my first redtext av and I genuinely love it :neckbeard:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Atrocious Joe posted:

horse paste is chuds bringing the pandemic to the one field they think is real, consumer choice. the vaccine is the liberal choice. like Nike after they signed the guy who kneeled or Starbucks after they said racism is bad. They rejected those brands, and saw that as a real exercise of political power. they thought that was freedom. the only political sphere between elections is what they buy.

making GBS threads my pants is MY CHOICE

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
If you don't live in a space large enough for the both of you to quarantine separately, and your government doesn't have dedicated quarantine facilities, then take care of each other

I don't know what the medical implications of huffing each other's covid breath is (though I'd love to know) but it's just practical

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lacrosse posted:

I'm glad I'm single so I don't have to worry about a lovely partner abandoning me because I got sick

When that poster said "leave" they meant "quarantine away from temporarily" not "divorce"

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

there are no available ICU beds in the entire west? I know it's bad but that can't be right

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

euphronius posted:

good job pillowpants

you may end up needing that mass

yeah I’m going to crack ping myself to death with chocolate.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

actionjackson posted:

there are no available ICU beds in the entire west? I know it's bad but that can't be right

this almost certainly attempting to keep a person within a particular healthcare system if true, and has less to do with no ICU beds anywhere.

There are open ICU beds where I live as of last night.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Lacrosse posted:

its pretty difficult to maintain relationships especially when people are consumers who think they're capitalists and are dictated by such a force in society that myriads of problems can crop up such as

gradenko_2000 posted:

If you don't live in a space large enough for the both of you to quarantine separately, and your government doesn't have dedicated quarantine facilities, then take care of each other

which is why finance is one of the biggest drivers of divorce

like there's too many artifices for the relationship to navigate in this zoo people society, not saying that it's 100% the whole case but it is a rarity to find genuine company that isn't driven by motives that are dictated by capitalism and the meritocracy myth, especially with the nuclear family model push in a post-WWII society for "stability" and now there's no stability so woops!~

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

actionjackson posted:

This does sound a little crazy. Montana and Wyoming aren’t doing too bad at the moment

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

actionjackson posted:

as someone else said, it's an in-network thing. still a really really bad sign.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Lacrosse posted:

:laugh: I dont post great always, I'm not trying to abandon my partner. It's something we talked about together.. what to do if one of us gets it? We couldn't come up with anything besides take care of each other in our studio apt. "Leave them" was deffo a poor choice of words

gradenko_2000 posted:

I don't know what the medical implications of huffing each other's covid breath is (though I'd love to know) but it's just practical

No doubt. It's a more difficult question for people with kids and I originally thought of it because a poster earlier was in this exact situation and talking about quarantining in a different part of the house

Harry Potter on Ice fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Aug 28, 2021

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
KY has officially exceeded its previous high 7 day average. :confuoot:

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

You know poo poo's bad when the US government is distracting TO the rampant gun violence.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
The only state with no ICU beds as of 24 hours ago was Alabama according to HHS

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Capitalism tells us that the smart thing to do when someone is dying of COVID is to airlift them across the country so they can continue to pad your bottom line

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Pillowpants posted:

LA has to be functionally done, right? surely they aren't admitting new patients ahead of Ida

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Schnorkles posted:

Capitalism tells us that the smart thing to do when someone is dying of COVID is to airlift them across the country so they can continue to pad your bottom line

invigorating a lot of industries doing that :hai:

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

fosborb posted:

LA has to be functionally done, right? surely they aren't admitting new patients ahead of Ida

im pretty sure that a lot of gulf states are lying to the feds based on all the stories we see

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

prob compared to virgin wild type virus

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

:laugh: I dont post great always, I'm not trying to abandon my partner. It's something we talked about together.. what to do if one of us gets it? We couldn't come up with anything besides take care of each other in our studio apt. "Leave them" was deffo a poor choice of words

it was a strange phrasing, but yea, I guess i get what you mean. It's just something you have to decide when/if you get to it, I think. If you're lucky, the infected person has relatively mild symptoms and they can kinda take care of themselves while they quarantine as best as the living arrangements allow. If not, then I dunno. I think you help take care of them while following precautions the best you can.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phigs posted:

You know poo poo's bad when the US government is distracting TO the rampant gun violence.

They can't single out Chicago anymore as a distraction because they decided to double down on "203 COVID cases at Lollapalooza" and any number of shootings will be considerably less than that

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold

Shitpostradomus posted:

In line at the CVS.
Big sign on the out building.
No PCR tests please go through drive thru.

Wow this is pretty neat.

Can confirm CVS around me do not do any testing. WallGreens does, but only if you fill out a PITA online form and schedule a time a few days out. At this point I just bought some at-home Covid tests.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Pillowpants posted:

it could be that they were the only hospital that indicated they would take transfers. I know a lot of hospitals like to keep an ICU bed or two as a "code bed" for stuff like cardiac arrest or stroke and they do everything they can to avoid keeping anyone in that spot for long.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

Are we still thinking that initial viral load leads to worse infection? Cause if not just care for your sick partners/relatives/parents, they probably already infected you anyway

- posted from a 200 person wedding

Also sister's sense of taste has thankfully mostly returned

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo
OK. Back home. Walgreens didn't have any of that flawed purchase test. So. Uh. I guess I'm going to look for solutions on a Saturday in a state that Bill Lee governs.

I'm still hoping it's something else. But. I'm aware that's statistically improbable. I'm more pissed off that I'm over 7'2". Overweight. 20 pack year smoker. Asthmatic. And my wife, the person that flags me down to take vitamins every day, is the one with her nose in garlic saying it's weird af that it smells sweet.

I'd ask what kind of God does that but. Right now I'm too busy trying to find a valid test because if we/she pings hot -... I mean, I'd say that I'm going to really lay into my coworkers but. Since I'm the only person in an office of 12 who had a vax, I guess it'll be p chill day and everyone will be out sick.

One to three day turnaround. Swab in the drive thru. Drop it in a box directly in the sun.

Not surprised but still somehow shocked.
Anyhow. That was a rough personal transition from nite crew to day crew. Thanks for listening to me go through it.

This Parade Sucks
Jul 30, 2006

This Parade Sucks fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Aug 28, 2021

Objective Action
Jun 10, 2007

You know I think the low-key funniest thing about this horse paste thing is I am pretty sure it gained traction so fast because Ivermectin is easier to pronounce and write than Hydroxychloroquine was. I'm pretty sure Hydroxychloroquine only went as far as it did because god-king Trumpster was directly pushing it.

Just the absolute dumbest reason ever to latch onto Ivermectin.

Lol.

Lmao.

amethystbliss
Jan 17, 2006

My 7 year old takes horseback riding lessons every Saturday. Today there were boxes of ivermectin out in the parent waiting area. It's never been there before and the owner usually puts little treats she's selling in that area soooooo.

Now my husband is driving around to 3 different pharmacies to get a Pfizer booster he's eligible for. Walgreens and CVS are giving him a hell of a time. He has ulcerative colitis, takes Humira, and his GI told him to get it ASAP. Two of the Walgreens are out of Pfizer and refusing to give Moderna. Third trip was to CVS who are claiming insurance won't cover the 3rd dose so they can't do it. Glad we're making this easy.

Happy Saturday lmao

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Shitpostradomus posted:

I'm more pissed off that I'm over 7'2".

why are you posting on dead comedy forums instead of playing in the nba? joel embiid's knees could disintegrate at any moment. the city needs you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

amethystbliss posted:

Now my husband is driving around to 3 different pharmacies to get a Pfizer booster he's eligible for. Walgreens and CVS are giving him a hell of a time. He has ulcerative colitis, takes Humira, and his GI told him to get it ASAP. Two of the Walgreens are out of Pfizer and refusing to give Moderna. Third trip was to CVS who are claiming insurance won't cover the 3rd dose so they can't do it. Glad we're making this easy.

Happy Saturday lmao

Book a first dose online with CVS using a fake name, say he's uninsured