Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?

Dr. Faustus posted:

I apologize for the shitpost but I'm at work and can't browse much.

Can I get a 911 recommendation for a free podcast I can try now? Looking for politics, specifically Trump or GOP coverage pretty please. Informative free and funny if possible.

Knowledge Fight, maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dr. Faustus posted:

Can I get a 911 recommendation for a free podcast I can try now? Looking for politics, specifically Trump or GOP coverage pretty please. Informative free and funny if possible.

Know your enemy, I don't speak German, worst year ever, gaslit nation, pod drat America...

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Dr. Faustus posted:

Knowledge fight, cleanup on aisle 45

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Computer lab day! Time to spend 45 minutes trying to load pokemon.com!

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Mike Duncan convinced me to get an Away travel roller.

It really is a nice carry-on. Thanks for the revolutions offer code!

I think I'm about ready to buy some of those razors.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Mike Duncan convinced me to get an Away travel roller.

It really is a nice carry-on. Thanks for the revolutions offer code!

I can confirm that Mike wasn't lying when he said that a toddler will happily push an Away bag around your house as a toy.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Dr. Faustus posted:

As others said it's Knowledge Fight.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Know Your Enemy, QAnon Anonymous, Fever Dream

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Knowledge Fight seems like waaaaay more Alex Jones chat than I can handle. Is there much more to it than that?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

It's mostly about AJ. But if you just want comedy you can listen to this list of episodes: https://www.podchaser.com/lists/project-camelot-saga-knowledge-fight-107a4XhxIo

It's about space raptors and stuff. Do not look up the people in the first episode and spoil the surprise.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
The iheartradio suite of ads is unbearable and they go to breaks way too often. I didn't want to listen to a true crime podcast the first time you suggested it and by the 8th in one 1 hour segment you could not pay me to check it out. What part of "listening to a politics podcast" makes you think I really really want to hear about movie star gossip and fashion?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Grand Fromage posted:

It's mostly about AJ. But if you just want comedy you can listen to this list of episodes: https://www.podchaser.com/lists/project-camelot-saga-knowledge-fight-107a4XhxIo

It's about space raptors and stuff. Do not look up the people in the first episode and spoil the surprise.

The Roger Stone's Deposition is also a must-listen

https://knowledgefight.libsyn.com/knowledge-fight-formulaic-objections-part-3

GodFish posted:

The iheartradio suite of ads is unbearable and they go to breaks way too often. I didn't want to listen to a true crime podcast the first time you suggested it and by the 8th in one 1 hour segment you could not pay me to check it out. What part of "listening to a politics podcast" makes you think I really really want to hear about movie star gossip and fashion?

You know who *won't* try to feed you into movie star gossip and fashion podcasts?

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

GodFish posted:

Truth. There's a crazy similarity to the other podcasts they choose to advertise, as well as doing it in a way that assumes you'll be interested in minor celebrity's opinions, two girls talking about y'know stuff, a serious newscrew telling you just the news you need to know, etc. Like people are desperate to listen to any podcast.

nonathlon fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Aug 28, 2021

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Why are podcast ads all so bad?

If I never have to hear another ad for a podcast where three people are getting together to talk about pop culture and politics and whatever else we want, and giving me zero reason to care about these people's opinions, it'll be too soon

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

rotinaj posted:

If I never have to hear another ad for a podcast where three people are getting together to talk about pop culture and politics and whatever else we want, and giving me zero reason to care about these people's opinions, it'll be too soon

Amen.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

rotinaj posted:

"Hosted by me! Some idiot you've never heard of!"

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
You know what, I wasn't interested in listening to Bazorple, but when you guys mentioned that it was just Rocket-Team!! rebranded, another podcast I have never heard of, well, how could I say no?

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
The Jada Pinkett Smith podcast seemed to be entirely predicated and advertised on the idea that anything a member of the Smith clan does is AMAZINGLY interesting

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

rotinaj posted:

Why are podcast ads all so bad?

I very briefly worked in advertising, and radio ads were the absolute worst and hardest things to produce. I imagine podcasts are the same but harder.

I agree I don't think I've ever heard a podcast ad that made me want to listen to it. Somehow I've just gathered this list of 9000 subscriptions by word of mouth.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

How many accidents do you think you caused with the random honking and siren noises in you ads

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I never made a radio ad, that was for high level people. My stint in advertising was so short I never even bothered to add it to a resume.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
On our new podcast, we talk about life, culture, whatever we want

We just like to have a conversation and see where that takes us

You’re in for it if you join team splorpcast, because it gets wild sometimes

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The golden age of podcasts is long gone now. Now everything is either 3 idiot nobodies talking about "pop culture" or random B list celebrity putting in zero effort

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

rotinaj posted:

On our new podcast, we talk about life, culture, whatever we want

We just like to have a conversation and see where that takes us

You’re in for it if you join team splorpcast, because it gets wild sometimes

If you want to listen to the laziest stream of consciousness trash conversation you've ever heard in an airport bar, come listen to us at Totally Unscripted

Edit: Of loving course Totally Unscripted is already the name of a podcast.

Worse, it's an app developer podcast

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Gaius Marius posted:

The golden age of podcasts is long gone now.

The whole medium peaked with Adam making GBS threads himself but tbf that was only a month ago.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Mantis42 posted:

The whole medium peaked with Adam making GBS threads himself but tbf that was only a month ago.

Wait what?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

twerking on the railroad posted:

If you want to listen to the laziest stream of consciousness trash conversation you've ever heard in an airport bar, come listen to us at Totally Unscripted

Edit: Of loving course Totally Unscripted is already the name of a podcast.

Worse, it's an app developer podcast

Nothing worse than a podcast that's 2 hours of people "riffing" and laughing at their in-jokes to pad up a 30 minute talk on a topic that you find interesting.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

CommonShore posted:

Nothing worse than a podcast that's 2 hours of people "riffing" and laughing at their in-jokes to pad up a 30 minute talk on a topic that you find interesting.
If I wanted to listen to zany hijinks and people cracking each other up, I'd switch over to the Morning Zoo Crew on Z105 FM. I listed to podcasts explicitly to get away from all that poo poo.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004

CommonShore posted:

Like FMGuru said. I've dropped a few podcasts that I once enjoyed when the hosts got lazy and seemingly started to think that they were fascinating in their own right and could just ramble on, promoting their side projects (look at you Flop House). Why shouldn't I just listen to local radio rather than hearing how you're going to be signing comics in Fishkill next Friday?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Violet_Sky posted:

Wait what?

adam pooped his pants and ruined a camping chair

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Spoeank posted:

adam pooped his pants and ruined a camping chair

Man's original sin

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Episode 9 of Blowback S2 comes down pretty heavily on "Lee Harvey Oswald and Jack Ruby were part of the CIA/Cuban exile movement" and that the Cuban exiles were the ones who had JFK assassinated.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021
Did Mike Duncan make the bestseller list or not?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Chairman Capone posted:

Episode 9 of Blowback S2 comes down pretty heavily on "Lee Harvey Oswald and Jack Ruby were part of the CIA/Cuban exile movement" and that the Cuban exiles were the ones who had JFK assassinated.

But the assaination attempt succeeded? So I doubt they had anything to do with it.

If it failed maybe

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

But the assaination attempt succeeded? So I doubt they had anything to do with it.

If it failed maybe

They did quote Fidel from an interview in the 90s where he talks about how the exact same time Fidel was speaking with Kennedy's unofficial representative about trying to normalize relations after the missile crisis ended, a CIA agent was also handing out a poison pen to a mafia guy as part of yet another failed assassination attempt.

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009

Chairman Capone posted:

I hope there's another episode on Watergate. Aside from Kennedy's brain turning into confetti, you could also link the bay of pigs and Cuban exiles to that. Nixon ominously did in his taped conversations, and several of the operatives arrested for doing the wire tapping were Cuban exiles.

Oliver Stone's underrated Nixon movie also explores this.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

adebisi lives posted:

I hope there's another episode on Watergate. Aside from Kennedy's brain turning into confetti, you could also link the bay of pigs and Cuban exiles to that. Nixon ominously did in his taped conversations, and several of the operatives arrested for doing the wire tapping were Cuban exiles.

Oliver Stone's underrated Nixon movie also explores this.

In one of their earlier episodes on the early opposition to Castro, they did at least mention that some of the people involved would later play a role in Watergate. Actually, I think it may have been in the episode where they use audio clips from Secret Honor.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Oliver stone is a loving moron

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

nonathlon posted:

Like FMGuru said. I've dropped a few podcasts that I once enjoyed when the hosts got lazy and seemingly started to think that they were fascinating in their own right and could just ramble on, promoting their side projects (look at you Flop House). Why shouldn't I just listen to local radio rather than hearing how you're going to be signing comics in Fishkill next Friday?

I really wish Flop House coulda kept that level of energy from the mid years, They really were the best Film Podcast about lovely movies. Even Kalan's singing couldn't ruin it for me

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Chairman Capone posted:

the idea that a blabbermouth nightclub owner was a part of a deep conspiracy and took the secret to his grave even as he was dying of brain cancer is extremely dumb imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Gaius Marius posted:

I really wish Flop House coulda kept that level of energy from the mid years, They really were the best Film Podcast about lovely movies. Even Kalan's singing couldn't ruin it for me

It had already started to slip after Elliott moved to LA but I think covid finished it for me.