Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

fosborb posted:

lol the "believe me I'm a real scientist and so is my wife" guy in the gbs thread saying everyone should be blindly trusting the CDC guidelines because they are the experts

imagine thinking CDC mask guidelines, if absolutely nothing else, are unassailable

iirc, those same guidelines still advise against N95 masks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

ayo gohmert comin

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

Zurtilik posted:

My kids bus driver caught COVID.

=)

There is also a federal schoolbus driver shortage (can't imagine why!), which means most students will be unable to distance on the bus. I also saw almost no mask wearing on the bus last spring.

Plus what are the drivers going to do to enforce it? The bus and lunch rooms are where kids are gonna get it if their teachers are taking precautions.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

DoombatINC posted:

Alright kids now if someone kicks in your classroom door with a Striker-12 the trick is to get them to fire all twelve rounds into your fellow classmates, you can make a fairly leisurely break for it during the half hour pause when they stop to manually unload and reload each chamber and then rewind the drum

Agree.

So this is happening now.
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/education/let-the-virus-run-its-course-a-seattle-area-school-district-official-said-on-facebook/

quote:

“What’s the end game with all this? Masks, vaccines and limiting freedoms for how long? My family has been in Washington for seven generations and this is the first time in my life that I despise this state.

“It only took 200 years to get rid of small pox. Let the virus become endemic and run its course, it’s here to stay,” the district’s chief financial officer, Jake Kuper, wrote in response to a public service post about masking from the state health department. “So happy for the strictest Covid-19 mandates in the US. I thought liberals loved freedom…and pro choice…oh wait.”

E: Job listing for this person's job posted 2 days ago, lol.
https://www.govhrusa.com/job/issaquah-wa-chief-financial-officer/

nomad2020 fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Aug 28, 2021

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

my favorite covid school story was when someone's kid came home with another kid's mask lol

just trade them like pogs. s'cool

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Does he know how we got rid of small pox and what happened when it ran wild in a new population?

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo
ok my wife can't smell dank weed but said it smells like gas and vic's vapo-rub.
said it's more of a "can't smell anything but when i can, it's real weird which notes pop out" kind of deal.
also managed to find a loving abbott test which is trash but something while we wait 1-3d for a PCR.
ordered it online. having a friend drop it off.

every minute clinic, weekend walk-in, CVS, Walgreens has 0 available appointments.
you have to go to the next state for a rapid test.
just the absolute super-coolest response going on rn

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I’m gonna write down bong hit transplant on my next booster form at walmart

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

steroid nebulizer? never even heard of that one

I have heard of a Z-pak though, that's the antibiotic that stubborn assholes demand from their doctors every time they get a viral infection

seems like they're all for elaborate treatments just as long as they don't work

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Durf posted:

my favorite covid school story was when someone's kid came home with another kid's mask lol

just trade them like pogs. s'cool

Yeah the kid had a Batman mask and came home with a Spider-man one on because he traded at lunch

The fact that schools are still open crack pings me on a continuing basis

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

bedpan posted:

iirc, those same guidelines still advise against N95 masks

yes lol on account of medical staff need them and you're too stupid to use them right (so obviously homemade cloth is better)

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

What strict measures? It’s full open Biden but with a mask mandate. There’s no restrictions on restaurant or event capacity, people are out living it up. Conservatives are such whiny little babies who don’t want be inconvenienced. Yet they want to force their poo poo views on everyone else and make them comply with regressive beliefs.

That dipshit is from one of the wealthier suburbs of Seattle too but the school district isn’t rated very highly. The unincorporated areas around it are just full chud and the district used to have a Republican rep.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/about-face-coverings.html
updated Aug 13, 2021

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
lol I forgot the CDC is still recommending gaitors

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Got my 3rd Pfizer yesterday at walmart. I dont' even care whether insurance covers it. Still cheaper than a trip to the ER.

also holy poo poo am I glad I turned down a job on the NOLA waterfront a few months ago. This is exactly what I was worried might happen.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

If these work why do so many chuds keep dying? :thunkgun:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

WampaLord posted:

The fact that schools are still open crack pings me on a continuing basis

covid over

open biden

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

SirPablo posted:

If these work why do so many chuds keep dying? :thunkgun:
lamestream media won't cover the successes!!

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

fosborb posted:

90% of gaiters are camo

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

fosborb posted:

I was at the store the other night and I saw a guy in slides with crew socks and Bart Simpson pajamas tucked into them and by the time I got to his face I noticed he had a black eye and a bandana around his mouth.

it all made sense.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

literally zero mention of respirators

i guess it's good that they're not advising AGAINST respirators, to be honest, seems like something they would do

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Idiot Kicker posted:

90% of gaiters are camo

it doesn't really matter anyway. the only people who were wearing gaitors as masks have decided covid is over

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Shitpostradomus posted:

ok my wife can't smell dank weed but said it smells like gas and vic's vapo-rub.
said it's more of a "can't smell anything but when i can, it's real weird which notes pop out" kind of deal.
also managed to find a loving abbott test which is trash but something while we wait 1-3d for a PCR.
ordered it online. having a friend drop it off.

every minute clinic, weekend walk-in, CVS, Walgreens has 0 available appointments.
you have to go to the next state for a rapid test.
just the absolute super-coolest response going on rn

Wait those drive through tests at walgreens have to be scheduled?? I know urgent cares are booked days in advance. gently caress that's ridiculous and stressful I'm sorry. How is anyone supposed to find out if they got it

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

How is anyone supposed to find out if they got it

they get hospitalized

Grabnar
Nov 24, 2017

My (anti-vax, covid-denying, classic pre-Alex Jones conspiracy theorist) uncle is apparently sick and refuses to get tested because of the "ethylene oxide residue in the swabs."

He sent us what he's doing to treat himself:

"The nebulizer solution is quarter cup of distilled water, quarter cup of food grade liquid hydrogen peroxide 3%, a pinch of mineralized sea salt, three drops of food grade supplemental iodine, and three drops of liquid nano silver."

:rip:

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Wait those drive through tests at walgreens have to be scheduled?? I know urgent cares are booked days in advance. gently caress that's ridiculous and stressful I'm sorry. How is anyone supposed to find out if they got it

They want you to die in your home so they don't have to count you.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

fosborb posted:

I wear a gaiter over an Elipse P100

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Grabnar posted:

My (anti-vax, covid-denying, classic pre-Alex Jones conspiracy theorist) uncle is apparently sick and refuses to get tested because of the "ethylene oxide residue in the swabs."

"The nebulizer solution is quarter cup of distilled water, quarter cup of food grade liquid hydrogen peroxide 3%, a pinch of mineralized sea salt, three drops of food grade supplemental iodine, and three drops of liquid nano silver."

The Dale Gribblification of America.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Gaiter done!

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
lmao

https://twitter.com/WentRogue/status/1431603529882476546?s=19

everything is so hosed

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

I'm pretty sure my state will attempt to do morethings but not a moment before the state fair, where we mix hundreds of animals and tens of thousands of people from all over the surrounding states, is over.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

apologies if this was posted but i'm just finding out:

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1431674764347813891

:lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol:

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Grabnar posted:

wait hold up, are we talking like an Americas Test Kitchen pinch or like a Ming Tsai pinch?

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Mr Interweb posted:

apologies if this was posted but i'm just finding out:

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1431674764347813891

:lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol:

He then went on to inject himself with horse paste if he is to be believed.

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
My Aunt is a nurse in Orlando Florida and she's in the hospital with Covid. She got OG Covid during the first wave and was out of commission for week but she was otherwise fine. This time they've kept her for over a week in the hospital and they have her on oxygen and they aren't planning on letting her leave soon.

Both my Aunt and Uncle are unvaccinated, passively anti-vax and lightly anti-mask. It's especially frustrating because they're the closest thing in my family to reasonable, educated adults. I genuinely didn't think I'd have to encourage them to get vaccinated.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

[helicopter noises in the distance]

CONTACT! CAT F CAT F! BROKEN ARROW BROKEN ARROW BRO-EARARAGH

[sporadic gunfire]

DROP THE VIRAL LOAD AND COOK THESE MOTHERFUCKERS NOW

[napalm erupts in the jungle line]

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Do we have any data as to whether or not the booster helps with the odds of being infectious? Trying to give my sister and brother in law good info to help them protect my 1 and 3 year old nieces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zisky posted:

The Dale Gribblification of America.

Well maybe this year's Thanksgiving dinner will have fewer conspiracy theory talk?