Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Less kids means less job competition for your kids so really it's a good thing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
hence the deceptive CFR thanks to modern medicine without it….lmao, hope the oxygen trucks don’t get stuck in traffic

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/fema/status/1431697962682535938?s=20

Grabnar
Nov 24, 2017

Koirhor posted:

hence the deceptive CFR thanks to modern medicine without it….lmao, hope the oxygen trucks don’t get stuck in traffic

Hope the oxygen production facilities centered around and reliant upon the O&G sector in the gulf coast don't get disrupted by a catastrophic hurricane or something stupid like that

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

bedpan posted:

absolute unit. zergling minor level

dude, rip

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Salt Fish posted:

Because if it works it proves all of their other ideology is right. "They" were really out to get you after all. In effect its this exact documentary that connects the death of flat earth to the rise of qanon, but its the death of qanon giving birth to covid trutherism:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTfhYyTuT44

So after covid trutherism doesn't pan out, then what do they pivot to?

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

https://apnews.com/article/lifestyle-entertainment-music-health-coronavirus-pandemic-6446e345441fe62c74ec88de5bd9ae3d posted:

How much impact could Sturgis rally have on COVID caseload?

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) — Rumbles from the motorcycles and rock shows of the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally have hardly cleared from the Black Hills of South Dakota, and the reports of COVID-19 infections among rallygoers are already streaming in — 178 cases across five states, according to contact tracers.

In the three weeks since the rally kicked off, coronavirus cases in South Dakota have shot up at a startling pace — sixfold from the early days of August. While it is not clear how much rallygoers spread the virus through secondary infections, state health officials have so far reported 63 cases among South Dakota residents who attended the event.
(..)
“This coronavirus forest fire will keep burning any human wood it can find,” he said. “It will find you, and it’s so infectious.”
(..)
:hmmrona:

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

My mom refuses to get vaccinated but insists that putting a penny in a bag of water repels mosquitos

we did this in Texas all the time. it works

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

grim

biden 100% the person to be like, everything will be okay while holding a pillow above your face

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Dude. DUDE.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/h...da-e8618b35d9fd

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Aug 28, 2021

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I'm loving cackling here

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Didn't a goon say last night that the US sent all the emergency resources to Afghanistan

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

bedpan posted:

My retired boomer parents live in Florida. Thankfully, they are both vaccinated. I've spoken with them about the booster shot and my mother said she wasn't eligible until September 20th or so.

I told her to go to Walgreens and say she and my dad are immunocompromised. This was backed with a threat that I would stop talking to them or texting with them if she refused.

lol what the gently caress is wrong with you

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Salt Fish posted:

Because if it works it proves all of their other ideology is right. "They" were really out to get you after all. In effect its this exact documentary that connects the death of flat earth to the rise of qanon, but its the death of qanon giving birth to covid trutherism:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTfhYyTuT44

This is a good doc but Dan Olson has a very oddly shaped body

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Pohl posted:

Doesn't want gay parents to die, so what

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Friend of mine got covid. He could (and had been) working remotely, but was forced to go into the office a couple times a week because some of the other staff were required to go in. He probably caught it on the subway.

:toot:

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Lastgirl posted:

love is real and exists, and it also has many shapes and forms, a spectrum if you will.

Capitalism just doesn't let it thrive organically because if it's not for the purpose of procreation to replenish a labor force and to boost Q1 earnings through gimmicky holidays like Valentine's out of some manufactured social obligation, then that kind of organic love has no place since it exists outside of Capitalism's required parameters that makes people so zoo-like about love through material lenses of status and stability that you basically now submit resumes and portfolio of your "personality + identity" that was ascribed to you from whatever consumerist choices you made to make dates seem viable as an investment of sorts.

the isolation is insane, people are pretty much going spiritual (speaking personally too, buddhism) but the upshot about it is that it gives more pause to what is worth it in the human condition. Time has certainly slowed down a lot more for me to appreciate going outside away from people and do what I want in the peace I can find in between the spaces of madness with new pursuits and hobbies I never considered. I look at things very differently to and try to practice mindfulness to stave off the isolation.

Once you are aware of the external forces driving it, it makes the whole "I'm not good enough" seem trivial because everyone is literally certifiably insane from peak consumerism and lost the plot.

:hmmyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7w0eqUBp3c

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Pohl posted:

needs therapy

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Shiroc posted:

I got a covid test this morning because I am sick as hell with something. The site was absolutely full of toddlers and well below min vax age children. I loving hate this monstrous society.

if only they had somewhere safe to send the kids all day, they wouldn't be getting sick.

oPeN ArE ScHOoLs AlReAdY
:goonsay:

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

McNugget Buddy posted:

Didn't a goon say last night that the US sent all the emergency resources to Afghanistan

Hey shut up

Open ida

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Pillowpants posted:

https://twitter.com/patricklsimpson/status/1431694797060853762?s=20

Here's a Twitter thread I just made using HHS data on staffing shortages and ICU Occupancy now and expected. I turned the data into color-coded maps for everyones pleasure.

Thanks for doing this. Also, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Glad these horse dewormers and silver huffers can continue to tax are already busting medical and social services.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

McNugget Buddy posted:

You may live to see man-made dumbfuckery beyond your comprehension

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Fire doesn't actually burn you, the libs are just trying to stop you from looking like Ghostrider!

Iverron
May 13, 2012

If you got bad news,
You want to kick them blues, horse paste
When your day is done
And you want to run, horse paste
She don't lie,
She don't lie,
She don't lie, horse paste

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lol active shooter drills during a pandemic lmaooooo

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Der Meister posted:

needs therapy

We all do :hmmyes:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Steve Yun posted:

Dude. DUDE.

wish i worked in that call center

"well sir i'd tell you to go to the hospital but lmao. anyway thoughts and prayers. *click*"

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

You may live to see man-made dumbfuckery beyond your comprehension

Trump second term it is

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

love is real and exists, and it also has many shapes and forms, a spectrum if you will.

Capitalism just doesn't let it thrive organically because if it's not for the purpose of procreation to replenish a labor force and to boost Q1 earnings through gimmicky holidays like Valentine's out of some manufactured social obligation, then that kind of organic love has no place since it exists outside of Capitalism's required parameters that makes people so zoo-like about love through material lenses of status and stability that you basically now submit resumes and portfolio of your "personality + identity" that was ascribed to you from whatever consumerist choices you made to make dates seem viable as an investment of sorts.

the isolation is insane, people are pretty much going spiritual (speaking personally too, buddhism) but the upshot about it is that it gives more pause to what is worth it in the human condition. Time has certainly slowed down a lot more for me to appreciate going outside away from people and do what I want in the peace I can find in between the spaces of madness with new pursuits and hobbies I never considered. I look at things very differently to and try to practice mindfulness to stave off the isolation.

Once you are aware of the external forces driving it, it makes the whole "I'm not good enough" seem trivial because everyone is literally certifiably insane from peak consumerism and lost the plot.

A correct post

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

my buddy's kids both got covid from their grandparents who were up visiting from Northern California.

they rented the grandparents a car and send them along. unclear on if they were vaccinated to full immunity.

update: both the fully vaccinated parents have breakthrough infections now.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Iverron posted:

If you got bad news,
You want to kick them blues, horse paste
When your day is done
And you want to run, horse paste
She don't lie,
She don't lie,
She don't lie, horse paste

When you can't smell skunks
In your neighborhood
Who you gonna call?

Horse paste!

When you're making GBS threads worms
And they don't look good
Who you gonna call?

Poison control!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Animal-Mother posted:

Thanks for doing this. Also, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But all the western media said the US was best prepared of all nations for this crisis?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

McNugget Buddy posted:

a coffin

Optical Inch
Oct 26, 2002

Soiled Meat

crepeface posted:

buddy you're doing an authoritarianism right now

point is authority should be legitimate and justified. when the threat is an airborne disease, making sure that everyone is vaxxed and masked up is justified for the common good of the tribe

Iverron
May 13, 2012

McNugget Buddy posted:

When you can't smell skunks
In your neighborhood
Who you gonna call?

Horse paste!

When you're making GBS threads worms
And they don't look good
Who you gonna call?

Poison control!

:horsedrugs:

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I feel like we are getting close to a breaking point where unvaccinated covid patients are just turned away from hospitals. Laws be damned, when you go into triage those decisions start becoming a reality.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Dave Grohl gave my kid covid.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Nandi_Bushell/status/1431303207934783494

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

cr0y posted:

I feel like we are getting close to a breaking point where unvaccinated covid patients are just turned away from hospitals. Laws be damned, when you go into triage those decisions start becoming a reality.

Then the CHUDs seige the hospitals.