Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

El Mero Mero posted:

I've been anxiously awaiting this kind of data since responsiveness to the risk is clearly motivated by partisanship. The other source I often look at for partisan impact is here

lol @ arizona, the state biden won by just 10,000 votes in the last election and pennsylvania

Lol yet another time lapse visualization where the Sturgis effect is hilariously visible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Steve Yun posted:

“Many men have tried the Wormer of Life. “

“They tried and failed?”

“They tried and poo poo their pants at the grocery”

What is in the box?

Pain.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

"it's fine for people to die, because they are probably christian" - the governor of mississippi

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

frozen 2 is ok

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

SKULL.GIF posted:

is it notorious rim who's been following mutants? does C.1.2 have the deadly combination?

I don't see what C.1.2 has going for it that's so special

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wfYIMyS_dI

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

Glumwheels posted:

What does he care? He’s keeping himself and his kids safe, has access to the best healthcare, and will feed every single one of his supporters to the meat grinder to win points and play politics to stay in power.

he's the kind of chud that loves to dunk on democrats/liberals for being the wrong kind of protestant, or even atheists

quote:

“I’m often asked by some of my friends on the other side of the aisle about COVID … and why does it seem like folks in Mississippi and maybe in the Mid-South are a little less scared, shall we say,” Reeves said.

“When you believe in eternal life — when you believe that living on this earth is but a blip on the screen, then you don’t have to be so scared of things,” he said,

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

I will never get tired of these and will always chuckle when i see one.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

remember that mortality spikes if the ICUs are full. The hospitalization rate is 0.2%-1.9%. So that's ~360,000 hospitalized kids if we use 1% as the number (but I bet it's worse!).

Apparently there are only ~8-12 pediatric icu beds per 100,000 kids (so like 6,000 beds? Which seems very low to me??), and most of those are concentrated in a small number of hospitals.

El Mero Mero fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Aug 29, 2021

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/ASlavitt/status/1431764823600029701

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

El Mero Mero posted:

Next month I'm supposed to go a wedding that's inside...so max titers yolo I guess? It's my so's best friend and she really want to still do it...

This will absolutely be the most dangerous thing we've done the whole pandemic and i feel like an idiot. .

Don’t do the thing you already know is dangerous you loving dumbass

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

DEFECATION

Lmfao, get hosed you goddamn piece of poo poo. It will earn him a spot on tucker for sure next week.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Google Butt posted:

lmao a wedding for someone who isn't even a relative definitely is worth the risk haha

yeah it's incredibly stupid of us

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

El Mero Mero posted:

I got my third shot this weekend (24 hours in, I'm feeling the sore arm and mostly like warmed over poo poo, but it's already getting better now)

Next month I'm supposed to go a wedding that's inside...so max titers yolo I guess? It's my so's best friend and she really want to still do it...

This will absolutely be the most dangerous thing we've done the whole pandemic and i feel like an idiot.

I guess if we're all gonna catch this loving thing I guess getting it just after my booster is about as good as I can hope for.

do you have a respirator or are you a dumbass?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Love the 2003 print aesthetic, reminds me why print is dead

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Only 1.5 years too late.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Cup Runneth Over posted:

do you have a respirator or are you a dumbass?

I resent the implication that both can't be true. (yes and yes)

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

lol just make an excuse to not go to the peak covid wave wedding its literally that easy

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

just lie

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

I like how they blank his last name in sports but then the comment offers hope for the Henry family James Henry died of covid

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
i wonder how many people berenson managed to get killed before they finally pulled the plug on his account

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

El Mero Mero posted:

I resent the implication that both can't be true. (yes and yes)

going "haha lol i'm stupid" doesn't make your terrible idea of going to the wedding any less terrible. anyway, try not to infect too many other people afterward.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

T-Paine posted:

i wonder how many people berenson managed to get killed before they finally pulled the plug on his account

he saved countless lives from marijuana overdoses

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1431768622339444740?s=21

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I have seen anything like “want to return to their cubicles”

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Similar level of truth to the articles about the 300k strong Afghan military

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

lmfao no

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

you're not even trying anymore

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

can’t wait to return their cubicles

it’s the toxins leaving the body

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Google Butt posted:

lol just make an excuse to not go to the peak covid wave wedding its literally that easy

I guess my attitude right now is sorta fatalistic. Over the past year the only events we've gone to have been small-group outdoor funerals (not covid related) and I miss my friends, who are more family than most of my family.

With the booster it's incredibly unlikely we'll end up hospitalized or even with long-term impacts if we get exposed. We'll also go back into hermit mode right after the wedding, so asymptomatic spread to others isn't a fear either. The friend also confirmed that all of the attendees are gonna be vaccinated.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I believe it, they're basically dog people

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

can’t wait to return to their cubicles

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

https://twitter.com/mohdtoph91/status/1431768248828104708

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

euphronius posted:

can’t wait to return to their cubicles

They hate their wife and kids, hth

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the author of that article writes mostly "video game companies are bad because of sexism, actually" and "uber didnt make money this quarter" articles which makes that one sort of baffling. paying dues i guess.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

The weakest attempt at disciplining labor I've seen yet during this pandemic

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

El Mero Mero posted:

I guess my attitude right now is sorta fatalistic. Over the past year the only events we've gone to have been small-group outdoor funerals (not covid related) and I miss my friends, who are more family than most of my family.

With the booster it's incredibly unlikely we'll end up hospitalized or even with long-term impacts if we get exposed. We'll also go back into hermit mode right after the wedding, so asymptomatic spread to others isn't a fear either. The friend also confirmed that all of the attendees are gonna be vaccinated.

This seems to be the attitude almost everyone has, hermit mode seems pretty rare though

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

I believe it, they're basically dog people

it cites less than 1k people most of whom don't work remote capable professions

even then they almost all say partial return at most

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

El Mero Mero posted:

hell yeah dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

"silent majority" is the "some argue" of journalism