Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/radial_search.php?storm=at4
Bouy data for you sickos who like watching numbers slowly change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

buddy you just showed your whole rear end

I mean ever single strip mall in greater Phoenix

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://i.imgur.com/CBqGNxp.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/4qvyKTz.mp4

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Bip Roberts posted:

I mean besides north of flagstaff maybe where in Arizona is there stuff to burn

you hit pine trees fairly fast out of phoenix and before that there's a decent amount of bushes and poo poo. the telegraph fire was almost 200k acres in that "blasted hellscape" area of the state.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bip Roberts posted:

ignatius reilly was a challenge

Comparing Ignatius Reilly and Nathan J. Robinson is very unfair. Reilly tried to start a union!

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Bip Roberts posted:

I mean besides north of flagstaff maybe where in Arizona is there stuff to burn

pictured, southern arizona, date, august 28 2021

as you can see in this blasted hellscape there is absolutely nothing that could catch on fire

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

there's no drought in arizona, california seems hosed tho

Lol, lmao

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

This is gunna be fun one, you know with the surprise of it all and no time to evacuate

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Fun fact, cactus do reaaaal bad with fire.

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

pictured, southern arizona, date, august 28 2021

:yayclod:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/NWSPhoenix/status/1429432483410444293?s=20

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Drive North you fools!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Koirhor posted:

Drive North you fools!

Yeah, this seriously isn't helping my suspicion that COVID somehow affects the brain's self-preservation instinct:

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Koirhor posted:

Drive North you fools!

I looked this morning and couldn't figure it out having never been there. What's the reason?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I looked this morning and couldn't figure it out having never been there. What's the reason?
My first thought is they're going where they have family/know someone with a place to stay

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Houston. If you go North it's a ways before you get to a place that will have spare hotel rooms.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Houston. If you go North it's a ways before you get to a place that will have spare hotel rooms.

Yeah, you'll probably end up in Memphis if you go north. Gulfport-New Orleans-Houston is reasonably built up and has high capacity highways.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

shame on an IGA posted:

In the 1900s St. Louis was a city rivalling New York in importance on the world stage

Everyone forgetting that Galveston was more prosperous than Houston before the 1900 hurricane and after that Houston switched to being the powerhouse it is now.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Koirhor posted:

Drive North you fools!

death is preferable to Shreveport

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

That's the causeway maybe it's closed?
I'd definitely go north since the things stop being hurricanes by that point.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Lord of Pie posted:

To Houston, Gulfport and... Little Rock too

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

i am harry posted:

That's the causeway maybe it's closed?
I'd definitely go north since the things stop being hurricanes by that point.

I'm actually kinda confused, theres light traffic on the causeway which doesn't seem to be consistent with it being closed but it sure doesn't look like a hurricane evacuation is occurring either
https://www.thecauseway.us/traffic-cams/mid-bridge-cams/

not sure how this will work:

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
Here is a good slider to watch ida go super saiyan https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=meso-meso1-14-200-0-100-1&checked=map-glm_flash&colorbar=undefined

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Ida give a fuuuuck

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

This is gonna be a huge dick-punch for Louisiana. That storm is heading right for them.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

There's not much north.

A friend of mine evac'd to Shreveport and I've been getting a steady stream of "oh my god this place is garbage" text since yesterday

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/AylaCroft/status/1431578336686391296

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Has it started raining in New Orleans yet?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Chuka Umana posted:

Has it started raining in New Orleans yet?

nope but they’re forecasting 5 days of rain.

quote:

Tonight
Tropical storm conditions possible, with hurricane conditions also possible. A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 78. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Sunday
Tropical storm conditions expected, with hurricane conditions possible. Showers and possibly a thunderstorm, mainly before 2pm, then showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. High near 83. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts in excess of 4 inches possible.
Sunday Night
Tropical storm conditions expected, with hurricane conditions possible. Showers and thunderstorms before 11pm, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 11pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Steady temperature around 79. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts in excess of 4 inches possible.
Monday
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 2pm, then showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. High near 85. Windy, with a south wind 25 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
Monday Night
Showers and thunderstorms before 11pm, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 11pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Low around 77. Breezy, with a south wind 15 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
Tuesday
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 2pm, then showers and thunderstorms between 2pm and 5pm, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 5pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. High near 87. Breezy, with a southwest wind 15 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Tuesday Night
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 8pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms between 8pm and 2am, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 2am. Low around 77. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Wednesday
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. High near 89. West wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Wednesday Night
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 8pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 2am. Partly cloudy, with a low around 76. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

gonna be a cat 2, maaaybe 3 turd of nothing

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Lord of Pie posted:

:hai:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

big trivia FAIL posted:

gonna be a cat 2, maaaybe 3 turd of nothing

Quoting just in case you are wrong.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Zil posted:

Quoting just in case you are wrong.

I'm always wrong but all these fuckers hoarding bc of Katrina PTSD is infuriating (I've been through every major 'cane in central/south Mississippi for 40 years).

it's not even moving fast like Camille did, just cutting islands in half

big trivia FAIL has issued a correction as of 02:28 on Aug 29, 2021

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Uh this seems bad

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Uh this seems bad

no it doesn't that's what every hurricane looks like.

Katrina took up the entire fuckin gulf and was twice as strong

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

big trivia FAIL posted:

no it doesn't that's what every hurricane looks like.

Katrina took up the entire fuckin gulf and was twice as strong

half the gulf actually

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

seeing that makes me want to watch the perfect storm.

Smekerman
Feb 3, 2001

hobbesmaster posted:

half the gulf actually

sounds like a big trivia fail imho

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

half the gulf actually

yeah Yucatan to the ms coast lol. like that picture validates your point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

the more important thing to take from that is that ida is about the same size, however nowhere near as strong as Katrina is in that picture… for now