Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Please provide the reasons you all dislike whatever teams for peer review purposes please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if somebody isn't a chargers fan then i'm going to tan their hide

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I think Watson sexually assaulted a lot of women and should never play professional football again

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

BrownThunder posted:

Please provide the reasons you all dislike whatever teams for peer review purposes please

Chiefs - theyre really good and im mad about it
Raiders - killed my dog
Broncos - stole my girlfriend
Giants - daltos
Seahawks - leon washington
Saints - that one rear end in a top hat saints fan i know who keeps saying that we traded them brees even though i've corrected him 8 million times
Dolphins - ehud
Steelers - discord

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

a neat cape posted:

they should because he's really good at football and much better than tua

I know it's one of your things to push back when goons get on a high horse about a player's politics but Deshaun Watson is actually a serial rapist and it's perverse that any franchise wants anything to do with him.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

fsif posted:

I know it's one of your things to push back when goons get on a high horse about a player's politics but Deshaun Watson is actually a serial rapist and it's perverse that any franchise wants anything to do with him.

he's probably a terrible person but if he can play he's really good and i want my team to win games.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I’d rather lose with Tua than win with Watson.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

a neat cape posted:

he's probably a terrible person but if he can play he's really good and i want my team to win games.

-the justice system

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

every team collectively pays every player's salary and is responsible for them all. the different uniforms and everything are a ruse

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

BrownThunder posted:

Steelers -

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that mushroom or fungus guy looks super hosed up and cool

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Cavauro posted:

every team collectively pays every player's salary and is responsible for them all. the different uniforms and everything are a ruse

this may affect the rankings

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Ross's formative years were spent watching Philip Rivers so those rankings are based off of likelihood to use contraception with a weighted formula biased towards ugly children produced

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Doltos posted:

Ross's formative years were spent watching Philip Rivers so those rankings are based off of likelihood to use contraception with a weighted formula biased towards ugly children produced

my formative years were spent watching ryan leaf, sean salisbury, and jim harbaugh

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
You started puberty 8 years after normal males

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

top 16 in the universe

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Doltos posted:

You started puberty 8 years after normal males

are you still mad

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

hi, you guys seem hungry for hot takes. here's one

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

watson isn't that good. I can say that because aaron rodgers is my team's quarterback for now

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Watson may in fact play worse at Miami than at Houston because Miami has a series of cardboard cutouts in front of him, if this trade is as rumored Miami is going to have no way to address this problem and he'll be andrew luck'd anyway

(I recognize his line was bad in Houston too but yeesh)

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

sourdough posted:

Steelers -

You know it didn't occur to me until just now: this is just a shaved Wario.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

a neat cape posted:

Seahawks - leon washington

Of all of the reason to hate the Seahawks this is the weirdest one I've heard of.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

bows1 posted:

What does LWOP mean?

Also yeah how much does the NFL control how you condition trades? I know they just clamped down on Seattle or LAR for trading conditional picks they haven’t been awarded yet

Life With Out Parole

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Of all of the reason to hate the Seahawks this is the weirdest one I've heard of.

i had money on that loving game

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Bucs are the best team in the league :smug:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Bucs are the best team in the league :smug:

Says here they're 1-2

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Quiet Feet posted:

You know it didn't occur to me until just now: this is just a shaved Wario.

Ben WAAAAthelisberger

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1431777293387579397

Hey, a bright spot!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Deshaun Watson is a rapist

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

Says here they're 1-2

It’s actually 2-0, one in our stadium and the other in yours.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

It’s actually 2-0, one in our stadium and the other in yours.

Did the Bucs ever play at SoFi?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

DariusLikewise posted:

Deshaun Watson is a rapist

So is Ben Roethlisberger.

Watson will just follow in Big Ben's long grey shadow. As a player who's able to avoid jail time and take a slap on the wrist, and make it be a part of some dumb loving redemption storyline in 3 years.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/1431854949638365186

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Watson is going to win the dolphins a super bowl

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Eagles won the off season fuckin crown em bulldoze the naval yard so we can build our off season champion trophy case there.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean wanting Watson because he wins games isn’t exactly meshing well with his track record, contrarianism or not

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I really hope the Watson to Panthers talk is just bullshit because we're trotting out Darnold.

I'll become a chargers fan or something in a heart beat if they trade for that piece of poo poo.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Borsche69 posted:

2002 is a completely different era lmfao. yeah they stockpiled LBs because everyone still thought you had to stop the run first and foremost.

i also like the statement 'we could certainly use a bart scott' as if any team is gonna turn down an 'in his prime cheap udfa contract bart scott'. we could also use a peyton manning, a randy moss, a marshal yanda, an ed reed, [pulling up closer to the drive thru speaker] and lemme get a darell revis, an aaron donald, uhh jonathan ogden, barry sanders, and uhh do you still got any of those coaches that dont suck?

2002 wasn't a different era. We stockpiled LBs because we were running a 3-4 at the time. And they were just as much for rushing the passer and coverage as stopping the run. Guys like Bart Scott, Peter Boulware, Adalius Thomas and Terrell Suggs all excelled at the pass rush. And guys like Ray Lewis were multi-dimensional and could play coverage and stop the run and even occasionally rush the passer. 2000 was an anomaly year where stopping the run primarily worked. It already wasn't the norm anymore. If those Ravens had run into a team that could really sling it it would have been curtains for them.

Bart Scott wasn't a hall of famer. But he was a good player. And he came about as a UDFA. I'd rather bolster the front seven than the secondary. Look at the 2007 Giants. They didn't have a great secondary but no one could move the ball on them. If you're not strong up front that great secondary is just going to meet its end. We are an exception right now because Humphrey and Peters are such impactful players like Ed Reed was. But most teams aren't like that. And if one of them goes down more secondary isn't going to help us. I remember those years of guys like Frank Walker. But sometimes that just happens and you can't do anything about it. So the front seven still takes priority for me. You want to find those guys like Pernell McPhee or Jarrett Johnson or Adalius Thomas. Etc.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Gonna have so much free time if we trade for that loving rear end in a top hat rapist.

Maybe I’ll take up gardening!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Ehud posted:

Gonna have so much free time if we trade for that loving rear end in a top hat rapist.

Maybe I’ll take up gardening!

You could always switch to a team that doesn’t have a rapist quarterback. Like, say, a team whose QB has a lucrative shirt-printing business.