Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah the wind is just a humdrum nothingburger, probably not even a cat 0, it's just air lmao you breath it all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

etalian posted:

New Orleans gets extra points due to being actually below the river level.

http://www.ccearch.com/geography-of-new-orleans.html

*furiously calculating*

5 feet below river level... add 16 feet of storm surge... carry the tens place...

Huh. Doesn't look that bad after all.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
F1 cars go 160 mph all the time what's the big deal

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Lol this motherfucker

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

etalian posted:

New Orleans gets extra points due to being actually below the river level.

http://www.ccearch.com/geography-of-new-orleans.html

this could be why they're always getting flooded

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.
why dont they build the whole city on stilts? actually wait, what if we turn NOLA into one of those giant floating concrete islands the randians wanted to make their dumb weird paradise on

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Dolphin posted:

yeah the wind is just a humdrum nothingburger, probably not even a cat 0, it's just air lmao you breath it all the time

First they want more oxygen at the hospitals, then when nature provides they complain. There’s no pleasing these people!!

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
gettin up at 7am on a sunday to watch jeff ramble and point at things while driving.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

silicone thrills posted:

gettin up at 7am on a sunday to watch jeff ramble and point at things while driving.

It's pretty impressive.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

72 hours ago, Ida did not officially exist as a tropical cyclone.

72 hours is the amount of lead time that New Orleans requires to issue a mandatory evacuation during a pandemic.

:unsmigghh:

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Lady Militant posted:

why dont they build the whole city on stilts? actually wait, what if we turn NOLA into one of those giant floating concrete islands the randians wanted to make their dumb weird paradise on

In the 1850s, the city of Chicago lifted up it's downtown by 15 feet so they could have a sewer system but now we mass sacrifice the poor to the wind gods became who could possibly put together a plan to close highway exits in only 48 hours?

:negative:

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

silicone thrills posted:

look at the mesovortices!

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

sorry, but yes.
yes. I expect a handful of hundreds of police out of the thousands and thousands that live and work from Lake Charles to Slidell and do little else to get in their cars and drive down the their local interstate on-ramp and park it there.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
here's a crazy idea. what if we just kill everyone and load their corpses into train cars. way easier to evacuate that way

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

i am harry posted:

sorry, but yes.
yes. I expect a handful of hundreds of police out of the thousands and thousands that live and work from Lake Charles to Slidell and do little else to get in their cars and drive down the their local interstate on-ramp and park it there.

that tweet is already 12 hours old and nothing has been done. it's too late, far too late.

https://twitter.com/AvrilKD/status/1431983818639040517

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1431971469823778820

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SKULL.GIF posted:

that tweet is already 12 hours old and nothing has been done. it's too late, far too late.

https://twitter.com/AvrilKD/status/1431983818639040517

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1431971469823778820
holy poo poo if that traffic doesn't clear up in time

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dolphin posted:

Hahahahahahahahahahahah I'm going loving insane

the American government is failing right before our eyes. all the evidence is RIGHT THERE and no one will connect the dots!!!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

So are we gonna rebuild New Orleans again after this or is it maybe time we give it back to the ocean and make a Newer Orleans a little further north

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Dolphin posted:

There's a reason literally every official yesterday said "don't evacuate after midnight".

Christ people are stupid. A lot of people are going to drown in their cars. :(

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

this is worse than Katrina already and that’s not even counting the hurricane

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

smoobles posted:

There's a reason literally every official yesterday said "don't evacuate after midnight".

Christ people are stupid. A lot of people are going to drown in their cars. :(

Are they stupid? It's rational behavior to attempt to flee when it's bad. The question everyone should be asking is why did local Louisiana officials downplay /not push emergency protocols until yesterday.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i am harry posted:

you're out of weed too?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

i am harry posted:

Yeah i think people forget that Katrina had a relatively successful evacuation, this is a poo poo show

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lol how much longer before landfall?

how many are we thinking will die here? tens of thousands maybe?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

So are we gonna rebuild New Orleans again after this or is it maybe time we give it back to the ocean and make a Newer Orleans a little further north

why wouldnt u rebuild the "best city in the world" as stated by posters in this thread who i assume have been to other cities?

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

SKULL.GIF posted:

Hahahahahahahahahahahah I'm going loving insane

the American government is failing right before our eyes. all the evidence is RIGHT THERE and no one will connect the dots!!!

No doubt. Fuckin failed state :d2a: maybe once more critical infrastructure starts failing people will noticeahahah nope. Biden will definitely take care of nola after this I'm sure

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Brogeoisie posted:

The question everyone should be asking is why did local Louisiana officials downplay /not push emergency protocols until yesterday.

I mean it did go from cat 1 to cat 5 basically overnight. We probably need to revise the protocols

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Just build over it, and turn it into the Venice of America

speng31b
May 8, 2010

There's still time to nuke the hurricane

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

If you wear masks and stand 6 feet apart the hurricane cannot affect you

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this is all ohio's fault.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I have it on good authority that rubble and dead bodies make for a great future foundation for rebuilding a city, and saves on burial costs, too!

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Just build over it, and turn it into the Venice of America
why have venice when we can have atlantis

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Demon Of The Fall posted:

like a couple hours

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Demon Of The Fall posted:

how many are we thinking will die here? tens of thousands maybe?

Can't add to the COVID totals if they die of hurricane

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

oh they probably didn't need these pumps. it'll be fine

https://twitter.com/SWBNewOrleans/status/1431948485490794498

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

Marx Headroom posted:

I mean it did go from cat 1 to cat 5 basically overnight. We probably need to revise the protocols

Nhc had a major storm (cat3+) forecast since Thursday morning. Meteorologists have been watching this Sunday Monday runs

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

HiHo ChiRho posted:

I have it on good authority that rubble and dead bodies make for a great future foundation for rebuilding a city, and saves on burial costs, too!

I guess it worked for St. Petersburg

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

the levee is both dry and wet simultaneously, as long as you don't drive your Chevy to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragtime All The Time
Apr 6, 2011

any streamers calmer than Jeff to watch?