Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 8/28/01

Brenda Starr 2/20-22/47

Smokey Stover 2/7/43

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Curtis

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Cruel Little Stories

Really like the body language of this one.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Great Nancy, great Curtis, fantastic Wallace. Even that Cruel Little Stories is kind of nice. I love it when Billingsley draws crowds of background characters.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Doomykins posted:

Great Nancy, great Curtis, fantastic Wallace. Even that Cruel Little Stories is kind of nice. I love it when Billingsley draws crowds of background characters.

Did you spot Charlie Brown (and possibly Little Orphan Annie) in the next to last panel of Curtis?

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1946

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Storm P.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natron

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
No Crabgrass today

Old School Peanuts (Dec 16, 1952)

Calvin and Hobbes (Nov 26-27, 1989)

Blind Alley

https://kumerish.com/blind-alley

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

FoxTrot

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Doomykins posted:

And even a not terrible Dustin! It's a joke that isn't just look at how much of a loser dustin is!

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

I totally called this forever ago!

Bibliotechno Music posted:

Yep, she definitely fell down the stairs drunk. You can tell she’s an alcoholic because she’s declined a drink twice now.

NEXT TIME: Kay walks into a door.

Classic Zits

I’ve been looking forward to posting this one, it really tugs at the heart strings.

Sylvia

I like those cats.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Bibliotechno Music posted:

Classic Zits

I’ve been looking forward to posting this one, it really tugs at the pant strings.

Fixed.
This comic is about loving.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

riderchop posted:

No Safe Havens on Sundays!
No Rae the Doe on weekends!
An emotional rollercoaster.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

I want another week of this.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertooons

Flash Gordon

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

:honk:

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Mikl posted:

Classic Kevin & Kell in: for the love of God, Montresor! (April 21-27, 2003)

Chet appeared in a handful of strips back in early January 1999. He's a cheetah whom Kell briefly dated after her first husband died; what exactly happened between them is unknown, but she broke up with him after breaking his jaw with a punch.

In the strips Chet appears in he, Kevin, and Kell meet by chance at the gym, and he and Kevin proceed to have a "who is more manly" competition, which Kevin won. He didn't appear in the strip since then... Until now.

Also, we get the first mention of how laws work in this hellverse: basically, anyone is free to kill anyone else, but only for predation reasons -- if the body isn't eaten, or if the killing was targeted for some reason, then it's murder. Otherwise, it's allowed. Fun!

This sounds like a disproportionately horrifying death compared to the petty behavior he initially engaged in to provoke it. Especially since it barely even registers as a speed bump or even a joke in the actual storyline.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Solid medical facts from Beatty in the yellow box there. Anything that messes with your immune system (as organ transplants do) might mean the vaccine didn't take hold as well as it should. A friend of mine has a neurological thing and is usually on medications that weaken her immune system a bit, and so her doctors had her do the mRNA vaccine as soon as she could get it, and then the J&J shot a few months later. In her case at least, the belt-and-suspenders redundancy (hopefully) got her up to about the normal level of protection that a non-immunocompromised person can expect from being fully magnetized.

If in doubt, consult your doc, even if it's not Rex Morgan.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Vater und Sohn: No interruptions during playtime (1935/24)

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

estelle is being astonishingly tolerant of her deadbeat boyfriend screaming at her cat

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ROUND ONE, FIGHT!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So like, if I were a person dating another person who has a history of being a volatile alcoholic with incredibly poor decision making skills and said person started threatening my pet I would just cut my losses and dump the stupid dangerous idiot before he legitimately wrung my cherished animal's neck.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I think it's slightly hosed up that Curtis' mom doesn't respect his privacy. I mean it doesn't actually matter, it's a gag-a-day comic and this will be forgotten tomorrow, but parents like that exist and make my blood boil.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Moomin

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

I've been reading ahead in Mark Trail, and can't resist a few spoilers.

Cherry's new antagonist is HONEY HORNETS, an old classmate from junior college, and a total bitch. She appears now to take over the home owner's association and she and Cherry just don't get along.

It turns out that HONEY HORNETS is engaged to HARRY HAMHANDS, who went to hiking school with Mark, and who is a total bitch. HARRY owns a construction company that is building a new office building downtown and he and Mark just don't get along. Mark undermines the foundation of the new office building (just like the South Carolina Spotted Vole, he explains), and it totally collapses like you wouldn't believe.

RainbowCake
Apr 1, 2010

Refurbished cats may have scratches, dents or other forms of cosmetic damage which do not affect the performance of the unit.

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

"I'm usually tolerant of animals, but a cat doing cat things? That's where I draw the line!"

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

So, just how far do you suppose Batiuk has his head stuck up his own rear end?

Dude's peeking out his own mouth.

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

I love the little cat faces.

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Where I live, at least, restaurant workers are still being asked to mask up regardless of vaccine status. Still, I'm delighted at actual medical information appearing in Rex Morgan MD.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

RainbowCake posted:

"I'm usually tolerant of animals, but a cat doing cat things? That's where I draw the line!"

TBF a cat peeing on the couch is not normal behavior at all and can indicate health issues (or that you really, really need to clean its box).

The rest is normal cat things.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

It can also mean the cat is upset about some change or stress in its environment, like this guy who keeps manhandling it :allears: .

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine

Peanuts (September 1, 1974)

Funky Winkerbean, featuring the grand finale of Les Moore's Summer Extravaganza 2021.

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Life (With Skippy) (August 27, 1974)

Elsewhere in the issue:

T.S. Sullivant, who I've been neglecting for quite some time:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2018 Spiderman

1979 comics

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Mandrake, Johnny Hazard, not on sundays.

90s Overboard

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Haifisch posted:

1979 comics

Zereth posted:

He isn't, though. You're supposed to use a cane on the opposite side from the injured leg. Could this be a "Encyclopedia Brown is completely loving wrong" story? :allears:

lmao

The Mayo Clinic posted:

Your cane should be held in the hand opposite your weak or painful leg.

edit: I also love that Encyclopedia's solution includes assaulting an injured kid. Truly a cop's son.

Medenmath fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Aug 30, 2021

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

I wonder if the original story had that error, or if Bolle was just like, "That doesn't make any sense! I'll tell these kids how it REALLY is!"

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Julet Esqu posted:

I wonder if the original story had that error, or if Bolle was just like, "That doesn't make any sense! I'll tell these kids how it REALLY is!"

This is entirely based on my incredibly foggy memory from reading the book as a kid, but I vaguely remember there being a case with "cane in the wrong hand" being the solution, except if I remember correctly the book did get it right. I remember being surprised because, to kid me, it made much more sense to use a cane on the same side as injured leg.

However, it's also possible I'm thinking of a different mystery that used this as a solution rather than an Encyclopedia Brown one. I tried finding evidence of the story existing online, but I was unable to.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Julet Esqu posted:

It definitely seemed familiar, but I couldn't find the original story in the Encyclopedia Brown Encyclopedia, so I couldn't confirm. I remember the solution being as it was in the strip.

That said, My memory could be fuzzy on this one too, or different editions might have fixed the issue. I swear I remember reading an encyclopedia brown story where he claimed that trees grow from the bottom, and either a revision in a later edition, or a different story, where he claimed trees grow from the top.

maltesh fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Aug 30, 2021

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popcom

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "226 - Jucika In Szeged"

"Ünnepi Játékok: Festival
János Vitéz: John The Valiant, a Hungarian poem
Minden Jegy Elkelt: Sold-out Show"

"227 - Jucika And The Heat Wave"

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Dinky Dinkerton, Flyin' Jenny, and The Shadow Jan. 6th, 1941

Axa

He may be a dick, but drat, look at that house (with no notation of time passing so did he put up the house in a single day? I'll say yes)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

EasyEW posted:

Pearls Before Swine

Pastis posted this earlier because a reader pointed out a mistake he made that got past him and his editors.

In the last panel, Larry the Croc has two mouths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Compu-toon

On The Fastrack