Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/StuOstro/status/1431979557083566082?s=20

:nice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the lyric was "BUT the levee was dry" because he was hoping to throw himself into it to

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

I'm honestly surprised that areas near the gulf don't have those gates like rail road crossing do at the on ramps.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
the earth visualizer is usefull again yay
https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=278.69,30.58,1914/loc=-89.586,29.029

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ragtime All The Time posted:

any streamers calmer than Jeff to watch?

have a street camera

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IxKFLhwlfk

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

BAE OF PIGS posted:

I'm honestly surprised that areas near the gulf don't have those gates like rail road crossing do at the on ramps.

lol cities investing for yearly emergencies? lmao

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

safely evacuating thousands of people would require coordination and effort that just wasn't planned for according to the handbook in advance. i am sorry. the best that could possibly be done by humans anywhere is this poo poo lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeems ....................... fine. Good surfing conditions out there. Carpe diem

https://twitter.com/NWSOPC/status/1431961549313241094

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

check out this really badass display. v v envious of the new orleans goons who will get to experience nature's fireworks show live.

https://twitter.com/NOAASatellites/status/1431987775297949696

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
no issues giving police departments and sheriffs tanks and machine guns but ask them to sit at an interstate off ramp and direct evacuations, lol are you crazy??

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Radirot posted:

I hope no one dies

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."
I just can't with the retconning, gfs had this as a cat 3 or cat 4 VERY early, like 6 days out! When that first model run hit, they should have immediately started putting a plan in place. The "well we can't do anything" bs contributed to complaceny with this storm. It's all probably because they didn't want to cancel a preseason NFL game. It's unconscionable

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Demon Of The Fall posted:

no issues giving police departments and sheriffs tanks and machine guns but ask them to sit at an interstate off ramp and direct evacuations, lol are you crazy??

you either have a fleet of vehicles ready to evacuate tens of thousands of people, or you do nothing but poo poo and piss your pants and setup conditions for immense suffering, there is nothing else you can do this is the choice

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Unfortunately, the ability to close roads without 36 hours of police overtime per exit is Lostech.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Just say you saw a dog walking on every ramp waiting to get shot by the police in self-defense.

That would motivate them!

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Brogeoisie posted:

I just can't with the retconning, gfs had this as a cat 3 or cat 4 VERY early, like 6 days out! When that first model run hit, they should have immediately started putting a plan in place. The "well we can't do anything" bs contributed to complaceny with this storm. It's all probably because they didn't want to cancel a preseason NFL game. It's unconscionable

Maybe the emergency response officials all own coffin manufacturers

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

SKULL.GIF posted:

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeems ....................... fine. Good surfing conditions out there. Carpe diem

https://twitter.com/NWSOPC/status/1431961549313241094

:stare:

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Brogeoisie posted:

But what if we spend all that money and the nothing-burger storm doesn't even kill anyone?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Brogeoisie posted:

neoliberal governance is fundamentally and constitutionally paralyzed. "will to act" isn't even a foreign concept, it's something that exists entirely outside their reality. it's like trying to describe a sphere to a 2D stick figure.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

etalian posted:

Just say you saw a dog walking on every ramp waiting to get shot by the police in self-defense.

That would motivate them!

or an elderly woman with dementia!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

So as a red state just don't suffer a natural disaster when the opposing political party is in charge, because the math says your death is a net positive for them.
Also don't suffer a natural disaster when republicans are in charge because they don't give a poo poo either bootstrap yourself out of the floods

Thank god for our government, best in the world

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Unfortunately, the ability to close roads without 36 hours of police overtime per exit is Lostech.

someday all cars will be fsb teslas and when the evacuation order goes out they'll automatically drive north as quickly as possible

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

just flicked a butt out the window of my F350, doing my part to Fight Back

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

does biden even know this is happening or is he micronapping while watching soldier caskets being paraded past him

will kamala be delegated onto new orleans duty? since she has such a natural affinity

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Looking forward to Joe looking out the window of af1 at the smoking crater that was once Nola eating an ice cream cone

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

BAE OF PIGS posted:

fun fact: Florida...yes loving FLORIDA does in the panhandle lol

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

someone should have told the police that they need to block places off because of antifa

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I don't know if I can focus today because I keep watching Ida updates. My antivaxx cousin in New Orleans has of course refused to evacuate. Most of my family has fled to Jackson.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Crazypoops posted:

Looking forward to Joe looking out the window of af1 at the smoking crater that was once Nola eating an ice cream cone

I'm looking forward to liberal media whitewashing the Sleepy Joe Response....

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

cat 5 BLM protest is going to hit the city!

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Police can't coordinate anything that isn't shooting citizens

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Chamale posted:

I don't know if I can focus today because I keep watching Ida updates. My antivaxx cousin in New Orleans has of course refused to evacuate. Most of my family has fled to Jackson.

Working as intended

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

HiHo ChiRho posted:

I have it on good authority that rubble and dead bodies make for a great future foundation for rebuilding a city, and saves on burial costs, too!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

the democrats scream death

https://twitter.com/Shimoji___/status/1431990203560992772

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I know some areas of SF are built on the landfill from the clean-up after the famous 1906 earthquake

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Brogeoisie posted:

yeah this was Wednesday and it basically turned out exactly like this in pretty much the same spot, maybe even a bit stronger. obviously you shouldn’t make final plans based on a forecast a week out but you should be preparing to put it into action in the case it turns out that way.

El Burbo posted:

GFS is pretty spicy for nola too

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
the el mundo livestream appears to be focused on an open walgreens behind a tattered american flag in the storm lmfao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bmOZYZeucg

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Crazypoops posted:

Kanye's gonna end up standing next to Mike Myers again somehow
everything old is new again

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

clothes blown off by Cat 4 winds, scary stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Already flooding