Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Strong no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Vyacheslav posted:

I agree, I'm just trying to see if there's any arguments for it, because everyone I've talked to has said exactly that.

Will sex partners care? Will he get bullied or something? Clearly I'm a terrified first time parent.

I am uncircumcised and got bullied for goddamn near everything but that, and none of my sex partners have cared.

Don't circumcise your kid would be my advice.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Edit: dumb joke, ignore me.

BonHair has issued a correction as of 20:25 on Aug 26, 2021

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

BonHair posted:

Cut it all off imho

:chloe:

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Benagain posted:

I am uncircumcised and got bullied for goddamn near everything but that, and none of my sex partners have cared.

like how do you even bully an uncircumcised kid? i'm pretty sure as soon as you start trying to make fun of them you realize a doctor cut off part of your dick for reasons that have nothing to do with your personal well being and shut the gently caress up real quick.

if your sex partner cares, then you hosed up, because your sex partner is an american, and you will never get the gently caress out of america by loving americans. you need to be loving europeans or asians so you can get a passport for a good country, and those guys/girls will be used to uncut dicks.

and as far as the std and uti stuff, let them choose when they become sexually active. its their body. and its probably bullshit, anyway.

IAMKOREA has issued a correction as of 21:11 on Aug 24, 2021

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Make sure to teach your kid to wash it though

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
yeah that's the big thing for me as a dad with a cut dingus. like I don't know what it's like to have a foreskin but I def know you need to peel that thing back and scrub it.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Benagain posted:

this has also been my experience as someone who's uncut. also hygiene isn't hard

i didn't circumsize my son and would advise against it

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Son of Thunderbeast has issued a correction as of 22:15 on Aug 26, 2021

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

New thread gang tag: Foreskin Cumsocks.

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007
like if you're worried about your son getting made fun of for not being circumcised, try teaching them this cool phrase: "stop looking at my dick weirdo"

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lol the past page reminds me of this poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo_9dJWu3ds&t=17s

also lol loving foreskin cumsock

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
my kid gets super anxious playing Bowser's Fury because you can kinda see when Bowser is getting ready to spin around and gently caress up the level (that's when I take over the controller).

today I was like "dude most of life is seeing something huge coming and feeling powerless. just keep playing."

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

my kid gets super anxious playing Bowser's Fury because you can kinda see when Bowser is getting ready to spin around and gently caress up the level (that's when I take over the controller).

today I was like "dude most of life is seeing something huge coming and feeling powerless. just keep playing."

a major parenting moment was teaching my kid to run toward BOTW sentries to get to the next hiding spot, rather than instantly jumping straight off the side of the loving cliff as soon as the music cue hits

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
i don't have kids but a lot of my age-peers do and so i wanted to come in and xpost this here since you all are my posting family

quote:

A week or so ago there was a lot in here about off-label use of the Pfizer vaccine in children <12. TWIV addressed it this week at 36:10 (unsure if timestamp embedding works in the forums). tl;dr: Griffin doesn't come right out and recommend it, but he does say that if you have kids who are morphologically closer to the age, he would definitely consider it, and that generally this is how medicine works, we don't have trials for a lot of kids and we just rely on pediatricians to use their best guess.

https://youtu.be/Tb2dyV0tSec?t=2170

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

we have this book about going to the library and i guess my kid likes the art style or the way the words sound or something, he wants us to read it to him multiple times per day and sometimes like two or three times in a row lol. toddlers are so funny.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

my kid couldn't find a Lego piece and then he built it using three other pieces and I'm like "I can't teach you anything else".

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Doing an activity with the three year old wherein one places cut out eyes and mouths on a blank face to produce different emotions. I start off with happy and sad to show her how it works and she immediately busts out "jealous" and "shame."

Going great!

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Petey posted:

i don't have kids but a lot of my age-peers do and so i wanted to come in and xpost this here since you all are my posting family

appreciate the post. there's a lot of genuine concern amongst pregnant women getting the vaccine as well, although there's more data there to support getting vaxxed. although my wife's doctor told her to wait until after the first trimester.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

yeah that's the big thing for me as a dad with a cut dingus. like I don't know what it's like to have a foreskin but I def know you need to peel that thing back and scrub it.

It's an extra 3 seconds in the shower if that, just make sure it's part of their hygeine routine from an early age.

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Benagain posted:

It's an extra 3 seconds in the shower if that, just make sure it's part of their hygeine routine from an early age.

This always comes up and I'm just like... Do circumcised guys not wash their dicks? How is this something extraordinary?

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

lobster shirt posted:

we have this book about going to the library and i guess my kid likes the art style or the way the words sound or something, he wants us to read it to him multiple times per day and sometimes like two or three times in a row lol. toddlers are so funny.

one thing to remember here is that toddlers are still working out how reading and books work conceptually - while it's obvious to us that when you read the same book twice you get the same story, your kid might still be figuring that out

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

IAMKOREA posted:

This always comes up and I'm just like... Do circumcised guys not wash their dicks? How is this something extraordinary?

If you're a dude, every nanosecond more spent in the shower turns you gay.
That's why all the frogs are queer.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

this is a dumb thing to not understand on a mechanical level.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Heavy_D posted:

one thing to remember here is that toddlers are still working out how reading and books work conceptually - while it's obvious to us that when you read the same book twice you get the same story, your kid might still be figuring that out

This might be part of it, but they also just loving love repetition. My kid (just turned 4) will go out of his way to watch the same cartoon episode over and over. Same goes for reading the dinosaur book, always the same pages, and you better believe he is ready to point at that pachycephalosaurus the moment I say the word. And also correct me if I read something wrong or in the wrong order.

I sometimes try switching out irrelevant details (coffee becomes tea, supermarket becomes specific chain, that sort of thing), and he always catches me and corrects me.

The point being that they know drat well what will happen, they just like it like that from at least age 3 or so.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

my kid has started reciting entire movie scenes to himself and im worried he's gonna turn into that kid who would "watch shrek in his head" when he was bored.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

my kid is 17 months so he probably doesn't realize it's the same book. or maybe he does and just really likes it, who knows! it's funny either way. and honestly im just glad he loves being read to.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

my kid has started reciting entire movie scenes to himself and im worried he's gonna turn into that kid who would "watch shrek in his head" when he was bored.

This, but it's dino documentaries for kids. Hearing him explain what happened when the meteor hit including phrases like "and not only that" was super weird until we noticed the source. Just two minutes of monologue about mass extinction.

He is also absolutely not taking questions or comments before finishing, thank you very much.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

my brother in law watched Brave with his daughter probably easily 40+ times when she was young and they can repeat the whole movie to each other line by line accents and all

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

BonHair posted:

This might be part of it, but they also just loving love repetition. My kid (just turned 4) will go out of his way to watch the same cartoon episode over and over. Same goes for reading the dinosaur book, always the same pages, and you better believe he is ready to point at that pachycephalosaurus the moment I say the word. And also correct me if I read something wrong or in the wrong order.

I sometimes try switching out irrelevant details (coffee becomes tea, supermarket becomes specific chain, that sort of thing), and he always catches me and corrects me.

The point being that they know drat well what will happen, they just like it like that from at least age 3 or so.

I read something a year or two ago that it's believed they like the repetition because it is familiar and gives them a feeling of control or at least understanding and expectations. So much of the world is unexpected and makes no sense at all to them; a familiar story does and they can anticipate things.

My 4yo will also jump all over me if I mispronounce a word in a familiar book :unsmith:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

we just started sleep training and this little kid loving loves sleep, we are weeks into it and she goes down at about 7 pm and doesnt wake up until about 6-6:30, rarely wakes up and is even able to put herself back to sleep if she gets momentarily fussy

i had forgotten what sleeping through the night was like, holy poo poo

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Good soup! posted:

we just started sleep training and this little kid loving loves sleep, we are weeks into it and she goes down at about 7 pm and doesnt wake up until about 6-6:30, rarely wakes up and is even able to put herself back to sleep if she gets momentarily fussy

Congrats.

Also gently caress you, you lucky prick.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Good soup! posted:

awesome!!

There will be regressions in the form of night waking or general gently caress you I don't wanna sleep. They come and go quick.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

i am totally, completely aware of the privilege, she is a god damned champ and im so proud of her

gotten into the groove of

-dinner
-bath
-book
-bottle
-bed

we put her down, walk out and by the time we're looking at the monitor in the other room she's just out cold :3:

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

My 2.5 year old still struggles to sleep through the night :negative:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

some days I wake up and the only other person in my bed is my partner but that's not typical.

sometimes I just go sleep in one of their beds if it's too crowded. it's always too crowded.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

bookmark my post for the inevitable regression or two years from now when she becomes insufferable lmbo

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i think my wife and i have settled on doing cloth diapers that you stuff with disposable inserts, going to put an alert on kijiji to see if we can get them second hand. also not going to bother with newborn sizes for cloth because of how little time they spend in them before moving up in size.

does this make sense? any tips on picking some up second-hand?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

BonHair posted:

This, but it's dino documentaries for kids. Hearing him explain what happened when the meteor hit including phrases like "and not only that" was super weird until we noticed the source. Just two minutes of monologue about mass extinction.

He is also absolutely not taking questions or comments before finishing, thank you very much.

What docs are these? My kid can run lines from Dino Dana. Gotta switch it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Good soup! posted:

bookmark my post for the inevitable regression or two years from now when she becomes insufferable lmbo

with the regression (and extinction bursts)you just got to hold on to the schedule, the real fun happens when then kid becomes more verbal and the stalling begins and they are hyper tired