Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
the year is 2005. im listening to led zeppelin when the levee breaks and shitposting about a hurricane destroying new orleans

it is 2021,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

SchrodingersCat posted:

Hurricanes often get stronger at night due to cooling of cloud tops, with Ida moving so slowly and being over marshy areas that are already inundated with warm ocean water, I wouldn't be surprised if it's strengthening a bit and that's why we are seeing this sudden uptick in catastrophe after nightfall.

From what I'm hearing and reading, it sounds like Katrina v2.0 is starting to unfold in NOLA.

we've known for most of the day that it was slowed to a crawl and moving into a position to dump untold volumes of rain on top of NOLA, so it's not been looking good, but the loss of all power except backup to pumps has upgraded the situation to extremely bad

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Wudz posted:

now this is the face of a man ready to intercept
https://twitter.com/ChicagoMWeather/status/1431974780689960964

the goggles they do nothing

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

UnknownTarget posted:

Ugh this wrenches at me.

good cows https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiwacxSjVI0&t=310s

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

PostNouveau posted:

Our public-private partnerships have made infrastructure finance distribution so much more efficient

You could have just said if you are in a majority white area you got help, if not, well you are hosed.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Der Meister posted:

how can we make the rest of the government as competent as noaa/nws seem to be?

I don't know but definitely take some time out today to thank a deity of your choosing for using rear end cancer to force Accuweather CEO Barry Meyer to withdraw his nomination to NOAA director.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Minrad posted:

the year is 2005. im listening to led zeppelin when the levee breaks and shitposting about a hurricane destroying new orleans

it is 2021,

But your account shows a registration date in 2007, curious. :thunk:

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

wtf

:stare:

:rip:

lol the community knows this goober all too well

Wudz posted:

now this is the face of a man ready to intercept
https://twitter.com/ChicagoMWeather/status/1431974780689960964

lol

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

shame on an IGA posted:

I don't know but definitely take some time out today to thank a deity of your choosing for using rear end cancer to force Accuweather CEO Barry Meyer to withdraw his nomination to NOAA director.

god that would have been a disaster

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Delta-Wye posted:

im sure those cows will be fine,

they aren't horses lol

yah like, cows are probably one of the few things that sincerely can give no shits during a hurricane outside of flying debris hitting them.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Zil posted:

You could have just said if you are in a majority white area you got help, if not, well you are hosed.

PostNouveau posted:

I usually don't lose power. I got a lucky apartment in the very rich people part of town, so maybe they'll get power back on there faster.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

George H.W. oval office posted:

My job is starting logistics service in the NOLA area on Monday lol. I hope our building is still there!

bring sandals if you're heading there nude

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

punished milkman posted:

the stream has really been an incredible series of people refusing to help other people. lmao. america is a demon poo poo nation

streamchat is convinced the italian guy is some kind of conjob/murderer working the most ridiculous angle

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Minrad posted:

it is 2021,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyTaiqX0BfQ

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Zil posted:

All that money got stolen by the private parts of the public-private partnerships

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

lol

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

he wasn't ready

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

speng31b posted:

we've known for most of the day that it was slowed to a crawl and moving into a position to dump untold volumes of rain on top of NOLA, so it's not been looking good, but the loss of all power except backup to pumps has upgraded the situation to extremely bad

Yeah, at one point the rain forecast for NOLA was 14-20 inches in addition to whatever storm surge came in. The levees in the small towns surrounding NOLA are already failing, and all that water is going to slam right into NOLA at the bottom of the loving bowl.

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

Losing water should be the goal!

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

they're always in the last place you look

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Lady Militant posted:

yah like, cows are probably one of the few things that sincerely can give no shits during a hurricane outside of flying debris hitting them.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aKhknsN8M9U

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
It's water, it's not supposed to be there!

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
I just came back in and there is somebody shrieking on this stream now

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

a.lo posted:

he wasn't ready

Illidan claims another soul

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

SchrodingersCat posted:

From what I'm hearing and reading, it sounds like Katrina v2.0 is starting to unfold in NOLA.

https://twitter.com/ykmaj6/status/1432164984977559555?s=20

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Entergy sounds like the name of a magic card (blue)

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

shame on an IGA posted:

yikes also lol

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

twoday posted:

Entergy 3BB

Instant
Destroy up to 8 lands an opponent controls.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

lol someone is screaming and he's just like 'high pressure situation, people don't handle them well'

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

Good soup! posted:

me watching katrina: holy gently caress

me watching ida: holy gently caress lmfao

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

twoday posted:

green, obviously

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

love to watch a hurricane livestream of 2 guys sat in carpark while a woman screams offcam in the distance...

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Christ thats just terrifying

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Lady Militant posted:

wait what?

do they just have +5 wind resistance or something

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Christ thats just terrifying

It's ok, guys, Jeff Bezos is going to fly there in his spaceship and rescue everyone.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

crepeface posted:

wait what?

do they just have +5 wind resistance or something

they are very heavy

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

that cow is off to see the wizard

the wonderful wizard of oz

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

https://twitter.com/CharltonLack/status/1432165299005108225?s=19

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Helith posted:

love to watch a hurricane livestream of 2 guys sat in carpark while a woman screams offcam in the distance...

Guess you only have so much energy to help people? Or I dunno, even see if the screaming lady is ok? Oh well *sips diet coke*