Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

i thought bechamel doesn't have cheese?

Correct. Once you add cheese it's Mornay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
All that is true, but adding a pinch of magic salt to water is much easier

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

last night I made smoked sausage and shrimp jambalaya

tonight is going to be salmon teriyaki with broccolini and rice

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Smoked meats

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

3/4s of a tub of spinach dip from trader joes.

With triscuts.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

pro starcraft loser posted:

With triscuts.

pro dinner technique

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Crusty Nutsack posted:

last night I made smoked sausage and shrimp jambalaya

tonight is going to be salmon teriyaki with broccolini and rice

...I want these things

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Derpies posted:

Smoked meats

Post pics bitch. Or did you not take any, like a fool?

With triscuts.

What kind of triscuits? My dinner for the past few days has been cracked pepper and olive oil triscuits with extra sharp cheddar cheese.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
3 years ago I tried to make some kind of French braised chicken dish and I hosed it up SO bad that my wife decided that she doesn't really like chicken anymore

I'm saying this because some pasture raised chicken was on sale at the Stop & Shop for like 70% off and I bought it and we're gonna eat it because it's good and healthy and I'm the one cooking anyway

https://thewoksoflife.com/japanese-eggplant-chicken-thai-basil-stir-fry/ I think i'll make this because I got an eggplant in the garden ready to be picked and a big rear end thai basil bush that i have only used for thai shrimp wraps

edit: every recipe I have made from that site is excellent. It's the only site where I follow the recipes more or less exact (i eyball measurements, but I don't leave anything out)

WILDTURKEY101 fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Aug 28, 2021

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Green beans and steamed black bean spareribs

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

What kind of triscuits? My dinner for the past few days has been cracked pepper and olive oil triscuits with extra sharp cheddar cheese.

Regular. Didn't want to dampen the dip with the king of crackers Rosemary and Olive Oil

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Regular. Didn't want to dampen the dip with the king of crackers Rosemary and Olive Oil

The rosemary ones are the worst. Soooo strong.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

3 years ago I tried to make some kind of French braised chicken dish and I hosed it up SO bad that my wife decided that she doesn't really like chicken anymore

I'm saying this because some pasture raised chicken was on sale at the Stop & Shop for like 70% off and I bought it and we're gonna eat it because it's good and healthy and I'm the one cooking anyway

https://thewoksoflife.com/japanese-eggplant-chicken-thai-basil-stir-fry/ I think i'll make this because I got an eggplant in the garden ready to be picked and a big rear end thai basil bush that i have only used for thai shrimp wraps

edit: every recipe I have made from that site is excellent. It's the only site where I follow the recipes more or less exact (i eyball measurements, but I don't leave anything out)

Thai basil chicken is one of my favorite foods. The version I make is Thai style (pad grapao) and includes lots of tiny-sliced green beans and Thai chilis.

I'm about to make it actually and like to use this recipe as a base: https://hot-thai-kitchen.com/holy-basil-stir-fry/

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Mr Alleyway felt lazy so we ordered Nando's. He got himself his usual extra hot Butterfly Chicken with peri-salted chips on the side; I got 4 lemon and herb Chicken Thighs and corn on the cob. The thighs tasted like nothing and the corn was overcooked. Disappointed to say the least.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

The thighs tasted like nothing

Maybe you have Covid

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

That's honestly pretty impressive.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Years ago there was a TV show called Fat Pizza. The titular pizza place had the slogan "Fat Pizza pizzas: they're big and they're cheesy." There's a pizza place near where I live that always makes me think of that slogan, and they're great for when you want some good low-quality pizza. Because they're big and they're cheesy.

I've been feeling really tired the last couple of days (despite sleeping over 8 hours each night) and I've got a bit of a runny nose, a mild headache, and slightly sore muscles (probably from exercise, but you never know). So I went out and got my covid test and then couldn't be bothered making any kind of effort. So even though I had a (really good) pizza on Friday, I decided to get one of these today. Because they're big and they're cheesy.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I'll take your word for it that there's cheese underneath that herculean amount of toppings, looks great!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I finally made my skillet last night. It's just potatoes, onions, sausage, and sauerkraut.

It was good. And I have two more days of it left over for dinner.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Aug 30, 2021

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I think I've seen you make that before and I always say "that sounds simple yet delicious and I am going to make it" and then I forget to make it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I have made it before! It's super simple. I just add some spices and garlic to the potatoes (lots of paprika which is why it turns out with a reddish tint).

adeadcrab
Feb 1, 2006

Objectifying women is cool and normal
I've been making whole chicken wings in the slow cooker for dinner lately. Latest batch is with chili powder, paprika and tomato paste. Keeps for a couple days then I make another batch.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Hot Italian sliders: sassage, marinara, roasted red pepps on a toasted buns

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Gonna probably have pan fried salmon and normandy blend veggies.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Lemon chicken, potatoes and Brussels sprouts

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Reheated marinated pineapple tofu, garlic trout and assorted vegetables

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Colonel Cancer posted:

Reheated marinated pineapple tofu, garlic trout and assorted vegetables

I'm confused but also interested.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm gonna make a salmon filet that I got from Aldi for $7.49 a pound. I'll probably make more normandy blend veggies and one of those Knorr pasta sides. I've gotten the salmon before and it's great. I found Chef Paul Prudhomme's Seafood Magic seasoning in the back of my spice cabinet a while back and that poo poo is just amazing on salmon. I don't even remember when I bought it.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
All Costco meal

Costco udon teriyaki noodle pack and I added in Costco shrimp and Costco broccoli

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Derpies posted:

All Costco meal

Costco udon teriyaki noodle pack and I added in Costco shrimp and Costco broccoli

should have stirred in some free Costco relish, ketchup, and mustard

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Aardvark! posted:

should have stirred in some free Costco relish, ketchup, and mustard

Not until they bring back the onion mill

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Chefs today I have prepared for your entree round a "hamburger" consisting of hamburger (1), blue cheese, *deluxe* american cheese, shredded iceberg, sliced red onion, halved cherry tomatoes. Mayo. Spicy deli mustard. Ketchup. On toasted sesame style Hamburger Bun.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'm gonna make a salmon filet that I got from Aldi for $7.49 a pound. I'll probably make more normandy blend veggies and one of those Knorr pasta sides. I've gotten the salmon before and it's great. I found Chef Paul Prudhomme's Seafood Magic seasoning in the back of my spice cabinet a while back and that poo poo is just amazing on salmon. I don't even remember when I bought it.

No Knorr pasta side but the veggies and salmon. Yes I need to clean my stove.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Salmon's been my favourite meal since I was like 6, it's so goddamn good.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Yeah I absolutely love salmon too, cooked, smoked, or raw. need 2 add salmon to the ole grocery list mayhaps :thunk:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
have any of you ever had salmon salad? Like, canned salmon + mayonnaise style as if it were tuna. I haven't ever used canned salmon but maybe that'd be good. with a SHITLOAD of dill, natch.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Aardvark! posted:

have any of you ever had salmon salad? Like, canned salmon + mayonnaise style as if it were tuna. I haven't ever used canned salmon but maybe that'd be good. with a SHITLOAD of dill, natch.

This is one of those things that conceptually sounds great but, goonmod, it is not. Oh god the texture of canned salmon is not that of it's delicious shelf-mate tuna. DON'T DO IT MAN.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Agree, canned salmon is not an acceptable poo poo version like tuna is.

Hell, my cats turned their noses up at it.

Jaxts
Apr 29, 2008

Hunkar begendi and manakish last night. It was very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

If you want a good salmon salad do a crunchy asian-inspired one and simply serve the (fresh) salmon on top rather than mixed in